✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 7th Mixtape Exchange (1ST POST UPDATE)

ivet

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! I am your mixtape maker. :)

I'm glad you find it Ok and like some songs.

I know that songs doesn't feet really well together but they all have a common point. Each artist in this mixtape have collaborated with Gorillaz or with Damon Albarn (the man who created Gorillaz). I tried to do as usual and put song I like at the moment but I failed so I choose this theme because I'm in a Gorillaz mood.

1.Gorillaz – Hong Kong

2.Graham Coxon – Livin'

3.Gruff Rhys – Gyrru Gyrru Gyrru

4.Ike Turner – She Made My Blood Run Cold

5.Martina Topley-Bird – Phoenix

6.The Fall – Rowche Rumble

7.Hypnotic Brass Ensemble – Sankofa

8.Danger Mouse – Little Girl (feat. Julian Casablancas)

9.Cirkus – your such an

10.Mos Def – Auditorium

11.Ibrahim Ferrer – Compositor Confundido

12.Lou Reed – Walk On The Wild Side

13.Bobby Womack – Across 110th Street

14.Happy Mondays – 24 Hour Party People

15.Little Dragon – My Step

16.Kano – Fightin' The Nation

17.Blur – Battery In Your Leg

I'll put a link later :)

Woah that's fascinating because they all sound so different!

Hey thanks alot for your mixtape, it was interesting to listen to :nice:

And now I'm gonna check out a few new songs :wink3:

My review is here :cheesy:

I enjoyed the tape, thanks, mixtape maker :wacky:

Song 1: Hmm starts not so bad. Not my kind of music, the voice is eeeh. I'm not into that kind of 70's sounding-like music, sorry :/ BUt in its genre, it's not too bad.

haha. King Of The Beach - Wavves. I thought this might be a bit of a risk!

Song 2: I have to say I didn't like it the first time, but right now, I like it. Catchy beginning. I like the xylophone a lot. I love the part with the piano, after he said 'we can go, we can leave alone (is that what he says?)'. It's brilliant. Nice track, liked it.

Loose Change - Grayson Gilmour. It's a really great song. By a New Zealander!

Song 3: Didn't stand out of the mixtape much. I don't really like that old music feeling to it, I am sorry, I am a lame person who isn't so much into that kind of music :/

Apple Pie Bed - Lawrence Arabia. Haha. My favourite thing about Lawrence Arabia is his old styled songs. (another NZ song :P)

Song 4: Old song-like again. Gotta admit that the guitar sounds good, I don't dislike it. However, it's not one that stands out in the mixtae again :/.

What's with you and old songs! this is Let's Call It Off - Peter, Bjorn & John.

Song 5: Nice little tune. Liked it better than the previous one, but still not my favorite.

Chariot - Page France. Really nice song!

Song 6: I like the calm beginning. And When the drums come in.. :wacky: I like it. My favorite so far. I like the guy's voice. And the guitar strumming is catchy :wacky:

Our Smallest Adventures - I Was A Cub Scout. This is a pretty cool song. Glad you like it.

Song 7: That's Animal Collective, no? Not my favorite but I still enjoy it :)

yeeppp. My Girls - Animal Collective.

Song 8: Nice atmosphere. Me gusta.

Forget Me Not - Glass Vaults. They're one of the best NZ bands. I've never heard music like this! haha.

Song 9: I love the beginning with the guitars. Very nice. Nice instrumental. I like.

Schizophrenia - Sonic Youth. One of my all time favourite songs!

Song 10: I love the music. I think it's my favorite of the mixtape. I am not too fond of the guy's voice, but the song is pretty good. :D

Impossible Germany - Wilco. Yeah, a lot of people aren't fond of Jeff Tweedy's voice, But I like it. This is also one of my all time favourite songs! so good!

Song 11: Not bad. I like the quiet feeling to it. Yet it's quite sad. I am not in that mood right now, but I know I like it.

Yeah this song is really great if you're in the right mood. (it sounds amazing late at night.) Izabell - Deer Park (NZ BAND!!!)

Song 12: Not a song I'd listen to often but nice outro :)

and yet another nz artist! This is by a friend of mine. I wasn't sure if you'd like it but I knew it'd make a nice outro.

cool! I'm glad you didn't know most of the bands.

1. King Of The Beach - Wavves

2. I Am A Light! - Grayson Gilmour

3. Apple Pie Bed - Lawrence Arabia

4. Let's Call It Off - Peter, Bjorn & John

5. Chariot - Page France

6. Our Smallest Adventures - I Was A Cub Scout

7. My Girls - Animal Collective

8. Forget Me Not - Glass Vaults

9. Schizophrenia - Sonic Youth

10. Impossible Germany - Wilco

11. Izabell - Deer Park

12. Flowers For No One - Alex Angryman

And here's the link!

Hahaha I knew you were my mixtape maker :wacky: For some reason I had a feeling it was either you or The Final Track.

Thank you very much for an original mixtape, I'll check out more Wilco.

And it's no wonder why I liked that Sonic Youth song, I listened to some stuff Thurston Moore made and I quite liked it. Might take a closer look at that one too. And also I Was A Cub Scout.

My 7th Mixtape Exchange Review

1. I really like how this track really grabs me and pulls me into the tape. The dreamy vocals at the start are wonderful and the instrumentation that follows with the trumpets, drums and such is great. It sounds like a Sufjan Stevens song but it’s not, its different and the vocals aren’t similar, which makes me curious. I find it to be a very uplifting song, “I’m on my way....”. The female vocals in the chorus complements the song nicely and I enjoy how the song keeps changing structure. A very good opening track.

2.Starts off with a newsreader at the start and then goes into some sort of computerised sound. This song has a very different tone than the first track. It has some sort of distorted guitar sound in the background and an electronic drumbeat overlay. I would probably categorise this song it experimental. The vocals are interesting, and the ‘ohhhhs’ in the background are nice.

3.I really love the ambient beginning to this song. The vocals come in and this adds a lot more too it. Piano flourishes can be heard and and some kind of mysterious sound can be heard as well. The guitar in the verses in very nice and I really enjoy the singers voice. I felt as if this song could’ve gone for longer and I wouldn’t minded at all.

4.Sounds like a rap song but I wouldn’t say it was. The base guitar (?) is good. All these different sounds keep popping up in the background and it reminds me off something that Massive Attack would try and pull off. The harmonica comes in and I am wondering where the song is heading. It ends with about one minute without any words at all. I didn’t like this as much as the first three but still a good song.

5.I love this song as soon as I hear the first word. The female vocals ‘A poster of a girl’ and the synthesisers in the background are brilliant. Could be Metric but I wouldn’t know. Then the electric guitar comes in and it does it for me. The foreign language (French?) interludes in it sounds great and adds a wonderful feeling to the song. I really like this song.

6.Starts off with a techno sounding beat, then the high hats comes in, then the distorted noises and it all just works to built up a great song. Just gets more intense as the song goes on. Someone starts singing about halfway in. The crazy guitar instrumental at the end is incredible.

7.This song is a bit more lo-fi than its predecessors with just a twangy acousitc guitar for accompaniment. Sounds like a folky North-american song, though not like Bon Iver at all, more like something country-sounding, wilco-esque. Overall, its a enjoyable song, nothing overwhelming but nice to hear for a break from what had been going on in the first half of the tape. Good placement.

8.Another similar sounding song to track seven. Starts off sing ‘deep blue sea’. Sounds like Josh Ritter. The hand claps are cool. Not really my kind of song but I like it anyway.

9.I love the string sounds that are in this song. Like something you would hear in a quirky movie soundtrack scene if you know what I mean. The violins are really cool. Enter: melody of whistling (which follows nicely from the previous song). Enter vocals: I really like his voice. It then changes tempo, kinds of reminds me like Zeus, and then goes back to the eerie violins sounds that were at the start. The song keeps changing, its all over the place, but I like it. After going back and forth about ten different times between everything that is going on in the song it finishes the way it started. I really liked what was going on in this song.

10.Here it comes: the eight minute track and I begin to worry if I will like it or not. It falls back into the post-rock style of the first part of the tape. I hear the vocals (it sounds like Lykke Li or Anja Marina) and I am reassured. This is a good song to say the least. The sythesiser comes in and then more sythesiser (I hope that is a synth cause I don’t know what else would be making that sound) and it just gets better. The song holds out for the whole eight minutes, the quality never falling and I can say that it was thoroughly worth the time spent listening to it.

11.This song is very soothing. The nice rhythmic guitar in the background, the serene vocals (they are male!) just calms me right out. They are like a Beach House equivalent.

12.This song sounds familiar but I’m sure I’ve never heard it before. Kind of space themed. The vocals overlaying eachother are wonderful. Nothing much to say here except a great song.

13.This song is dreamy. Guitar and these sounds fill the background. The vocalist is entrancing.

14.I really like how this song starts off. The instrumentation is great. And the vocals, really uplifting sort of: “Ohhh, its the magical mystery kind”, and it something that I would sing out at the top of my voice. I will be really interested to find out who this is.

15.I didn’t really like this song as much as the rest, well at least thats what I thought at the start. At around two minutes it gets a lot better. It works up everything together with the electric guitar and the before fading back out, into silence. This is then greeted with a one minute outro that I like. It was a great way to end the tape.

All in all, the tape was great, wonderful, brilliant. I got to hear loads of music that I wouldn’t otherwise hear and I will be pleased to get into some completely new artists. My favourite tracks were: 1, 3, 5, 9, 10 and 14. I would also like to thank you for making it fifteen tracks long (I make all my tapes 15 tracks and I find it works best for length/quality). I look forward to find out what the tracklisting is and I thank you once again for the great tape, I really appreciate it.

EDIT: I already know who my mixtape maker is but I'll let them reveal themselves.

EDIT2: I forgot to mention, the tracklisting flow was really good in the tape. All the songs followed on from eachother really well and it made the tape that much better to listen to, so thanks.

Here's my review!

As usual, I wrote all my impressions during the first listening and I listened to it once again to make sure I didn't miss something. Sorry for my english mistakes.

1 – Nice guitars, nice bass line! I pretty much like it at the first notes. Here comes the voice, a male one. I like it, the echo effect makes the sound kinda deeper. The song grows on me, great track to start the tape! Like the guitar riffs. The song sounds a bit melancholic, I can easily imagine myself listening to it on my way back home, walking on the snow... Great track, can’t wait to know who it is :)

2 – Oh, funny beginning! A synth? Here come the drums, a fast rhythm. Sounds old, almost psychedelic! The voice and the flow really remind me Sting, though I’m not sure at 100% it’s him. Well, no doubt, it’s Sting! The song seems to be «Synchronicity» by the lyrics. Haven’t heard it before. Not my style, I admit the song didn’t catch me.

3 – Jazzy beginning? Like the bass line and the electric guitar. An old one too! Haha sounds really old, almost «cliché» but don’t be offended, it’s fun to hear some stuff like that! Really, I feel like I’m in the 80’s, or 90’s! This song is good but the sounding is really old, especially the male voice, I don’t really know what to think about it to be honest…

4 – HAHA!! Nirvana!! Come As You Are! Not a huge fan of them but this one definitely rocks !! It’s good to hear Kurt Cobain, it’s been a while since I haven’t listen to him :) Really enjoying it!

5 – Hell yeah! Bittersweet Symphony :D I LOVE THIS SONG!! Been a while since I haven’t heard it! Aaaaaah, I’m gonna enjoy it and stop writing right now… See you next track :D

6 – Great intro, electic guitar riff! Haha another one from the oldies box :D

Oh shit, I know this voice, really know it, but I can’t find who it is! Anyway… I guess it’s from the 80’s. I really like this guitar! The rhythm is great too, I like the drums. I enjoyed the song overall :)

7 – Little guitar riff to begin, like it! A live one. Sounds like an old one too… Haha, definitely an old one! Oh shit, who is it… Sting again? I like the sax part. I don’t really like this song though, it doesn’t catch me that much.

8 – A long one… 8 minutes and half! Begins with a synth, sounds like an old one too… Electric guitars, drums, I like it! Thumbs up for the bass line too! Reminds me Who Are You by The Who. Is it The Who? I really like this old sounding! My fav from the unknown oldies so far :) But I have to say the track is a bit long for me.

9 – This one starts fastly, I like the male voice, and the folk guitar too! We’re still time travelling, it’s an old one I think. I really like it! The chorus is good, with violins. Really enjoying it :)

10 – Starting with a great folk guitar and a pan flute I think. Sounds a bit like traditional music, don’t know how to explain my feeling better lol! I love how the rhythm changes during the chorus. The guy has a great voice! Seems like an old one too. This track is really interesting!

11 – WOOHOOOOOOO! The Rolling Stones – Miss You :D

Love this song, what else can I say… Pure awesomeness! Just dancing on my chair right now :dance: (it’s midnight…) See you next track :D

12 – Piano, some trumpet (?)… A male voice, singing in Spanish I think cause I can understand him a bit… A romantic one I’d say. The man’s voice is OK, not amazing though, but I don’t like his way of singing. Ouch, don’t like the bridge at all, it sounds wrong… Don’t like how he hits the high notes. Too bad cause the music is really good, especially this jazzy piano which sets a really dreamy romantic mood.

13 – Weird beginning, a synth I think… Oh what’s this? Very fast drums, like in these old video games when you’re in a rude, rude world lol! Wow, really fast for me, I feel uncomfortable now, LOL! Fascinating how the pianist and the drummer play sooo fast! It reminds me a track of Miles Davis in his funky/rock period. Don’t like this instrumental one I admit, too fast for me, especially after midnight, haha! But the work the musicians made on this one is impressive though!

14 – WOOT! SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY! U2! Not a great fan of them but well, this one is a classical one, awesome song! Haha I’m gonna enjoy it, it’s been too long! See you next track :D

15 – OOOOOOH! NO WAY! It’s «Reach out, I’ll be there»! Can’t remember who’s singing this one… I can’t help but have the french lyrics of Claude François (don’t know if he covered it or if he made the original track) in my head hahaha!! really enjoyed listening to it, I love this kind of old motown tracks, back in the 60’s or 70’s :)

16 – The last one… Like how it begins, with the drums. A pop rock one, still an old one I think, a male voice, like it. Sounds a bit melancholic, great way to end this tape, still in this old songs mood, it fits :)

I like how catchy is this song, really want to know who it is!

Well, thank you mixtape maker! I enjoyed the tape overall, I had big smile while listening to it! I really enjoyed listening to some good old tracks I hadn’t heard for a while. I also enjoyed discovering some old songs I didn’t know, although I didn’t like all of them. Funny thing is I love music and I manage to discover actual stuff but I don’t really know well old music, especially the rock genre, though I really like it. So thank you, I think you opened my mind to this and I really thank you for that! I think I guessed who you are but as I’m not 100% sure I’m just gonna shut up :D

I’m really looking forward to know who all the artists are, especially for the first and last tracks ! So… reveal yourself… NOW! :whip: :D

My 7th Mixtape Exchange Review

1. I really like how this track really grabs me and pulls me into the tape. The dreamy vocals at the start are wonderful and the instrumentation that follows with the trumpets, drums and such is great. It sounds like a Sufjan Stevens song but it’s not, its different and the vocals aren’t similar, which makes me curious. I find it to be a very uplifting song, “I’m on my way....”. The female vocals in the chorus complements the song nicely and I enjoy how the song keeps changing structure. A very good opening track.

2.Starts off with a newsreader at the start and then goes into some sort of computerised sound. This song has a very different tone than the first track. It has some sort of distorted guitar sound in the background and an electronic drumbeat overlay. I would probably categorise this song it experimental. The vocals are interesting, and the ‘ohhhhs’ in the background are nice.

3.I really love the ambient beginning to this song. The vocals come in and this adds a lot more too it. Piano flourishes can be heard and and some kind of mysterious sound can be heard as well. The guitar in the verses in very nice and I really enjoy the singers voice. I felt as if this song could’ve gone for longer and I wouldn’t minded at all.

4.Sounds like a rap song but I wouldn’t say it was. The base guitar (?) is good. All these different sounds keep popping up in the background and it reminds me off something that Massive Attack would try and pull off. The harmonica comes in and I am wondering where the song is heading. It ends with about one minute without any words at all. I didn’t like this as much as the first three but still a good song.

5.I love this song as soon as I hear the first word. The female vocals ‘A poster of a girl’ and the synthesisers in the background are brilliant. Could be Metric but I wouldn’t know. Then the electric guitar comes in and it does it for me. The foreign language (French?) interludes in it sounds great and adds a wonderful feeling to the song. I really like this song.

6.Starts off with a techno sounding beat, then the high hats comes in, then the distorted noises and it all just works to built up a great song. Just gets more intense as the song goes on. Someone starts singing about halfway in. The crazy guitar instrumental at the end is incredible.

7.This song is a bit more lo-fi than its predecessors with just a twangy acousitc guitar for accompaniment. Sounds like a folky North-american song, though not like Bon Iver at all, more like something country-sounding, wilco-esque. Overall, its a enjoyable song, nothing overwhelming but nice to hear for a break from what had been going on in the first half of the tape. Good placement.

8.Another similar sounding song to track seven. Starts off sing ‘deep blue sea’. Sounds like Josh Ritter. The hand claps are cool. Not really my kind of song but I like it anyway.

9.I love the string sounds that are in this song. Like something you would hear in a quirky movie soundtrack scene if you know what I mean. The violins are really cool. Enter: melody of whistling (which follows nicely from the previous song). Enter vocals: I really like his voice. It then changes tempo, kinds of reminds me like Zeus, and then goes back to the eerie violins sounds that were at the start. The song keeps changing, its all over the place, but I like it. After going back and forth about ten different times between everything that is going on in the song it finishes the way it started. I really liked what was going on in this song.

10.Here it comes: the eight minute track and I begin to worry if I will like it or not. It falls back into the post-rock style of the first part of the tape. I hear the vocals (it sounds like Lykke Li or Anja Marina) and I am reassured. This is a good song to say the least. The sythesiser comes in and then more sythesiser (I hope that is a synth cause I don’t know what else would be making that sound) and it just gets better. The song holds out for the whole eight minutes, the quality never falling and I can say that it was thoroughly worth the time spent listening to it.

11.This song is very soothing. The nice rhythmic guitar in the background, the serene vocals (they are male!) just calms me right out. They are like a Beach House equivalent.

12.This song sounds familiar but I’m sure I’ve never heard it before. Kind of space themed. The vocals overlaying eachother are wonderful. Nothing much to say here except a great song.

13.This song is dreamy. Guitar and these sounds fill the background. The vocalist is entrancing.

14.I really like how this song starts off. The instrumentation is great. And the vocals, really uplifting sort of: “Ohhh, its the magical mystery kind”, and it something that I would sing out at the top of my voice. I will be really interested to find out who this is.

15.I didn’t really like this song as much as the rest, well at least thats what I thought at the start. At around two minutes it gets a lot better. It works up everything together with the electric guitar and the before fading back out, into silence. This is then greeted with a one minute outro that I like. It was a great way to end the tape.

All in all, the tape was great, wonderful, brilliant. I got to hear loads of music that I wouldn’t otherwise hear and I will be pleased to get into some completely new artists. My favourite tracks were: 1, 3, 5, 9, 10 and 14. I would also like to thank you for making it fifteen tracks long (I make all my tapes 15 tracks and I find it works best for length/quality). I look forward to find out what the tracklisting is and I thank you once again for the great tape, I really appreciate it.

EDIT: I already know who my mixtape maker is but I'll let them reveal themselves.

EDIT2: I forgot to mention, the tracklisting flow was really good in the tape. All the songs followed on from eachother really well and it made the tape that much better to listen to, so thanks.

I'm really glad that you enjoyed the mix! :thumbsup:

I actually found it difficult to make because I looked at your last.fm and a lot of the artists I was thinking about including you had already listened to. I liked your review of the songs and also your reaction to some of the songs. Also I really am glad that you liked the flow because I wanted to try to get the songs to work well together.

Here's the tracklisting

Song | Artist | Album

1. It's the Sun | The Polyphonic Spree | Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

2. Back To You | Thenewno2 | You Are Here

3. For 12 | Other Lives | Today's Top Tune

4. Dark Star | Beck | The Information

5. Poster of a Girl | Metric | Live it Out

6. Arena | Suuns | Zeroes EP

7. Demon Host | Timber Timbre | Timber Timbre

8. Deep Blue Sea | Grizzly Bear | Dark was the Night

9. Opposite Day (live) | Andrew Bird | iTunes Session

10. Sleeping Disgrace | City of Satellites | The Spook-EP

11. Requiem For all the Lonely Teenagers With Passed Out Moms | Atlas Sound | Deerhunter Blog Music

12. Ladies and Gentlemen We are Floating in Space | Spiritualized | Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space

13. I'm Aware | Clinic | Bubblegum

14. 40 Day Dream | Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros | Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros

15. Run | Supergrass | Life on Other Planets

(and for people who want to download this...)

Ooooh, I picked the Metric song. I also can't believe I didn't recognise the grizzly bear one but I suppose I haven't listened to that album for a while. Thanks again for the tape. Now I have a heaps of new music to dive into. You said you liked some of my reactions to the songs, what one did you like the most?

Ooooh, I picked the Metric song. I also can't believe I didn't recognise the grizzly bear one but I suppose I haven't listened to that album for a while. Thanks again for the tape. Now I have a heaps of new music to dive into. You said you liked some of my reactions to the songs, what one did you like the most?

Well that Grizzly Bear song was off of a compilation album Dark Was the Night. I saw that you listened to Grizzly Bear on your last.fm, but figured you might have not heard that song.

I liked your review/reaction to songs by Andrew Bird, Polyphonic Spree, Other Lives, and City of Satellites.

If you had to pick 1 song that was your favorite from the mix, what would it be?

Well that Grizzly Bear song was off of a compilation album Dark Was the Night. I saw that you listened to Grizzly Bear on your last.fm, but figured you might have not heard that song.

I liked your review/reaction to songs by Andrew Bird, Polyphonic Spree, Other Lives, and City of Satellites.

If you had to pick 1 song that was your favorite from the mix, what would it be?

That's a hard one. I would probably say It's The Sun, at the moment but after I listen to the tape a few more times I could change my mind. (I have currently listened to it three times).

01 Instrumental. Like the gunshot sounds at the beginning. Interested to know who this is.

02 Love the guitar sound.

03 Really like this. Handclaps! Big thumbs up from me.

04 Echoey piano, wibbly sounds, ethereal vocals. Sounds like winter. Really beautiful.

05 Lots of voices, starts off like a hymn. Drums, cool guitar sound, sweet backing vocals, main vocal's interesting, change in tempo, big finish!

06 Probably needs a few more listens to sink in.

07 Probably needs a few more listens to sink in.

08 Like the guitar in the chorus and the "Oooh".

09 Nice drum track. This is really pretty.

10 I used to like Keane, not really been into them for a while now. Nice song though.

11 Is this Thirteen Senses? Not heard anything from them for a while, I'm guessing this is from their new album?

12 I'm a sucker for pretty piano and long tracks that build up and up. Guitar adding some colour, drums coming in. Huge ending. This is gorgeous.

Thank you to whoever made this, I really appreciate it. I particularly enjoyed tracks 3, 4 and 12.

[/size]

That was mine :cheesy:

Awhh thank you!

I wasn't sure what music you would have had already :wacko: so I'm happy that you didn't have everything on it.

The track list was

Neighborhood #3( power out ) - Arcade Fire

Awake my Soul - Mumford & sons

John Wayne Gacy Jr - Sufjan Stevens

Twenty Seven Strangers - Villagers

Go do - Jonsi

White Sky - Vampire weekend

Undercover Martyn - Two door cinema club

Black Sheep - Metric

Conversation 16 - The National

Cosmic Love - Florence and the Machine

Sprawl II ( Mountains beyond mountains ) - Arcade fire

Did you see the words - Animal Collective

So glad that you liked it,

especially the last track, It took me ages to find a good end track :lol:

Thanks Emma! It was a great tape! hehe I knew it was Arcade Fire! It just had that vibe! Sorry about your not so good mixtape! I'm not sure how my person will like mine, cause it was made for someone else, who dropped out :( But hey you make legit tapes at least!!!

rudyd.jpg

I only like Biffy Clyro out of them,and that's their worst song D:

A joke ... like literally :lol: not like "this is a joke"

Oh well :P

I will be downloading other people's ones to make up for it :wacko:

Sorry you hated it so much, and I apologize that the information was still there, I did delete everything.

Wow, you're great at character judgement :D My favourite is Track 6, 15 and 17. The Killers was by far my favourite. I only know several songs from them, and I love them all. I wonder why I haven't bought any of their albums. I should get one RIGHT NOW!!! And again, that's an amazing mixtape.

THANKS

darkchoc92

By 15, I meant 16 :thinking:

yep, 16 it is :D

I have a rather large collection of mixtapes to listen to now. I may get a few more, because some of the ones recently posted look rather enticing.

Speaking of which.

EMMA. Link your tape. NAO. Everyone deserves to hear its awesomeness. :cheesy:

Sorry you hated it so much, and I apologize that the information was still there, I did delete everything.

Someone told me it was their joke?

Though at first i thought it might be yours cause it was late? :wtf:

Sorry I was so harsh about it. :sad: if i knew it was genuine I'd accept it :uhoh:

I liked one song and was meh about 2 and didn't like the rest.

One girl said it was her joke so I just dismissed it.

WTF.

My rubbish belated review

1. ‘no rest for the wicked’ ? has a country feel to it and I’m guessing it’s an indie band ?

2. I love this song it’s Florence + the machine with Rabbit heart, I particularly love the harp on this it's very catchy

3. U2 with City of blinding lights , another song I love

4. Female vocals, quite a nice voice and piano but it’s not my favourite.

5. This is to the grave by the Pierces, a good song and I meant to listen to more of their music but I forgot.

6. Queen with Don’t stop me now

7. I definitely recognise this but I can’t remember who it’s by I think it’s called uninvited

8. I know this is the Strokes but I can’t remember what song it is, I love the guitar on this one and also the drums, it’s a really catchy song which is my favourite so far.

9. This is girl from mars by Ash

10 starts with some bird call and jungle-y noises .. Edit this is 3o seconds to mars with Kings and queens, used to really like this song a while back but I’ve tired from it :\

11. Song sounds a bit like thom yorke but it’s not them I’m sure but I don’t know who. Theres a lot of backing vocals and nice simple guitar song

12. Starts with drumming and synth sounds, I like how this song is very different it has a reggae sort of feel to it.

13. A nice Christmassy one , The Pogues - fairytale of New York I love listening to this at christmas

14. Sounds like U2 again, but I don’t know the song , it’s a short simple ending to the tape which is nice. It’s mostly just his voice you can hear which makes it simple yet a nice track.

My problems were that you had all the songs in one media file that’s 56 minutes long, there’s nothing wrong with that I just prefer them separate and sadly I knew a lot of the songs which spoilt it for me but out of the ones I didn't it was good and thankyou for it :)

I have a rather large collection of mixtapes to listen to now. I may get a few more, because some of the ones recently posted look rather enticing.

Speaking of which.

EMMA. Link your tape. NAO. Everyone deserves to hear its awesomeness. :cheesy:

http://rapidshare.com/files/436203034/mixtape.zip

Thanks Emma! It was a great tape! hehe I knew it was Arcade Fire! It just had that vibe! Sorry about your not so good mixtape! I'm not sure how my person will like mine, cause it was made for someone else, who dropped out :( But hey you make legit tapes at least!!!

No problem. It doesn't matter, I'm just confused by it and by people :shrug:

I'm sure they'll love it :wacko: awh thanks.