✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do You Let Other Peoples Opinion on Someone Influence Yours?

ViVA Child

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it depends.

There was a girl that my friend told me did drugs and smoked, so when I'm around her I'm a bit wary and cautious. However, I don't really interact with her too much, so I don't have much of an opinion on her.

When my friends tell me a person is really nice, I tend to find it easier to become friends with them as I don't feel I have to worry as much about whether or not they're shady or if they're in fact genuinely nice.

But, despite that, I do not let my friends' opinions completely influence mine. I more use their opinions on someone to get a general idea of the person, if that makes sense. :thinking:

Would you dislike someone to go along with popular opinion or do you always decide for yourself and not judge someone before you get to know them??

Neither, I don't necessarily have to get to know someone before I judge them, anyone who claims that they never do this needs to just look at their opinions of people they dislike. Did you take the time to get to know them? No.

But the topic title is different from the question in the thread.

As for the topic title, yes of course, if I respect someone and they advise me of something, like a song or movie, I will give it a chance, in that way I do let people's opinions influence mine, but if I don't like that song or film, I won't pretend otherwise. Though I'm not sure if this topics about that, because it's a big mess.

So what I think we're getting at is, do other people's opinions of others influence yours? Well no, absolutely not. That's one thing you realise pretty quickly in life, you can be good friends with someone and therefore in their good books, it means fuck all for knowing their friends, you start out on an even playing field. Personally even if my best friend was to introduce me to their friend who I don't know, I don't even think "They know my friend they must be ok" I just meet them as I would anyone else, and see what I think. I think most people would function that way.

do you have asperges or something... its like its physically impossible for you to NOT be insulting.[/color]

So what I think we're getting at is, do other people's opinions of others influence yours? Well no, absolutely not. That's one thing you realise pretty quickly in life, you can be good friends with someone and therefore in their good books, it means fuck all for knowing their friends, you start out on an even playing field. Personally even if my best friend was to introduce me to their friend who I don't know, I don't even think "They know my friend they must be ok" I just meet them as I would anyone else, and see what I think. I think most people would function that way.

I see the contrary of that a lot on here....

Its like high school ... but in some ways worse and others not quite as bad.

..I was never miss popular because I hung out with all sorts of eccentrics and people everyone else looked down on and such.

I know people like that on here but it doesnt matter to me at all.

I wonder what sort of thing it takes for someones opinion to change on someone they dont know ..based soley on what someone else told them.

Since I take most things said about someone with a grain of salt i find that is pretty sad how someone could get so misunderstood.

I see the contrary of that a lot on here....

Its like high school ... but in some ways worse and others not quite as bad.

..I was never miss popular because I hung out with all sorts of eccentrics and people everyone else looked down on and such.

I know people like that on here but it doesnt matter to me at all.

I wonder what sort of thing it takes for someones opinion to change on someone they dont know ..based soley on what someone else told them.

Since I take most things said about someone with a grain of salt i find that is pretty sad how someone could get so misunderstood.

No, I don't have aspergeRs syndrome, it's just that the topic you made was a mess.

At least now you've specified a bit more that you are talking about this forum, if you re-read the topic title and the topic post, all you asked if people's opinions are influenced by others. Now to be honest I knew from the start that this thread was probably made with a bit of angst and in relation to how your friends often get mocked by a lot of us on here, you're also going to have to deal with that because nobody appreciates retarded poems about Coldplay.

Throughout the topics when your friends get made fun of you make a bunch of vague comments about how it's happening, and again this thread is vague. If you were really passionate about sticking up for them then you'd be a bit more specific instead of leaving us with this cryptic bullshit.

No, I don't have aspergeRs syndrome, it's just that the topic you made was a mess.

At least now you've specified a bit more that you are talking about this forum, if you re-read the topic title and the topic post, all you asked if people's opinions are influenced by others. Now to be honest I knew from the start that this thread was probably made with a bit of angst and in relation to how your friends often get mocked by a lot of us on here, you're also going to have to deal with that because nobody appreciates retarded poems about Coldplay.

Throughout the topics when your friends get made fun of you make a bunch of vague comments about how it's happening, and again this thread is vague. If you were really passionate about sticking up for them then you'd be a bit more specific instead of leaving us with this cryptic bullshit.

YAWN

trying to start shit again Reillykins?

and my spell check auto fixed the spelling to Asperges .... bite me.

I used this forum as an EXAMPLE of that sort of situation.... although the fact that you jumped straight to the above proves my using this as an example to be the perfect analogy or whatever the fuck the terminology is I really dont care.

This post wasn't made in "angst" ... I was simply musing about one of the funny ways people treat other people. ...leave it to you to turn it into a fucking flame war you insufferable creature.

And Retarded poem about Coldplay? what the FUCK are you on about?

YAWN

trying to start shit again Reillykins?

and my spell check auto fixed the spelling to Asperges .... bite me.

I used this forum as an EXAMPLE of that sort of situation.... although the fact that you jumped straight to the above proves my using this as an example to be the perfect analogy or whatever the fuck the terminology is I really dont care.

This post wasn't made in "angst" ... I was simply musing about one of the funny ways people treat other people.

And Retarded poem about Coldplay what the FUCK are you on about?

:laugh3: