✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[11-June-2011] Coldplay @ Pinkpop Landgraaf festival, Netherlands

Carlaatje

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just confirmed on 3FM Radio that Coldplay will NOT be live on air tonight. The band wants to hear the audiotrack of tonights gig first before it will be broadcasted.

So we can quit the waiting ;)

Hey, so I just got here. From what I gather, there will be absolutely NO livestream from Pinkpop internationally? :(

There will be no stream at all. Even not for the people in Holland.

They just confirmed on 3FM Radio that Coldplay will NOT be live on air tonight. The band wants to hear the audiotrack of tonights gig first before it will be broadcasted.

So I think Coldplay is playing Princess of China again and maybe another new song. But just don't want we get HQ vids from it.

EDIT: anyone got twitterers for the setlist?

There will be no stream at all. Even not for the people in Holland.

So I think Coldplay is playing Princess of China again and maybe another new song. But just don't want we get HQ vids from it.

EDIT: anyone got twitterers for the setlist?

That could be why. They want to hear what the songs sound like live before they let us watch it . . . . will we be able to watch it eventually?

The OFFICIAL organisation behind the live streaming of pinkpop said this after someone asked if coldplay will be broadcated.

"We hebben nog geen toestemming van Coldplay, het concert wordt wellicht later nog uitgezonden."

Translate: We don't have permission form Coldplay, The concert will maybe broadcasted later.

So it's not the orginasition, but just Coldplay itself who ruined our evenings.

I do think they are going to play Princess of China tonight...

At Rock Im Park, they played it. Then not when there was a livestream from Am Ring.

Maybe they want to try it once more live before the huge broadcast of Glastonbury (their next show) to see how the crowd reacts to it...

The OFFICIAL organisation behind the live streaming of pinkpop said this after someone asked if coldplay will be broadcated.

"We hebben nog geen toestemming van Coldplay, het concert wordt wellicht later nog uitgezonden."

Translate: We don't have permission form Coldplay, The concert will maybe broadcasted later.

So it's not the orginasition, but just Coldplay itself who ruined our evenings.

Why Coldplay ruined your evening? You don't see a festival for which you didn't payed... I have no problems with that. You should be clear that there will be the same festival routine so you won't miss anything new.

Why Coldplay ruined your evening? You don't see a festival for which you didn't payed... I have no problems with that. You should be clear that there will be the same festival routine so you won't miss anything new.

We don't know that for sure, though. As hux90 said, they may just want to try PoC (or another new song) again to test it before they perform at Glasto. And since they don't want to have it broadcasted, Coldplay will have control over what song performances they give us (if they give us any at all).

As I expected, Culturta24 stoped broadcasting. So the only hope is to hear some audio from 3fm.

Okay, Coldplay can start anytime now. Anyone found someone who will twitter.

3VOOR12 just twittered: Omdat we geen toestemming hebben gekregen van Coldplay wordt het concert niet live gestreamd. Waarschijnlijk vanaf morgen on demand. #pp11

"Because who don't have permission from Coldplay teh concert will not be showed live. Probably from tomorrow on demand."

So we can quit the waiting ;)

Whoa, so that could possibly mean new songs...

How many more minutes until Coldplay?

And how can they be sure that there isn't any HQ-camcorder in the front row? Why they gave us the other new songs then?

Fair enough, but I don't think any home-bought camcorder could get as high-quality picture/sound as a professional one. And if they're in the front row, they could get some serious bass distortion, like in Princess of China, which can't be avoided by any means other than going up to Guy and throwing his bass on the ground :awesome:

I think they made a good decision by giving us a couple of new songs--otherwise all they would have to play at the festivals would be old songs at least three years old that have already been heard the world over. It would be fairly boring, to be honest. I think these six songs are enough for now, and Coldplay must feel that way too. :)