✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[11-June-2011] Coldplay @ Pinkpop Landgraaf festival, Netherlands

Carlaatje

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a fence to get into the very front area of the field: ytd4pwws81at3ot27l.jpg

They empty it out after every gig, and I REALLY want to be in the queue to get back in there for Coldplay (best view, fewer pushing and shoving).

So they really let everyone at the front leave after each performance? Wow, never heard of that. Glad you're telling this now.

So you can't be front row for the entire day?

If you wanna see Coldplay from the front row, you have to be in front of the queue during the Elbow concert?

Sorry if I ask too many questions about this, but I'm trying to find out how this system works :s

Well, I called Buro Pinkpop (the organization of Pinkpop) and they don't really know. Apparently it's up to security to determine what happens up front.

So if anyone really wants to know, there's nothing to it but ask security tomorrow.

But I'm still assuming they empty the whole area, because in 2006/2007 there were some major problems with people getting crushed and overheated. Besides, this way everyone who actually wants to see the previous act gets to see them too, instead of not getting to the front row because of all the camping Coldplay fans.

I'd really like to meet some of you, btw! I'll be there all day, did you agree on meeting up somewhere?

Well, I called Buro Pinkpop (the organization of Pinkpop) and they don't really know. Apparently it's up to security to determine what happens up front.

So if anyone really wants to know, there's nothing to it but ask security tomorrow.

But I'm still assuming they empty the whole area, because in 2006/2007 there were some major problems with people getting crushed and overheated. Besides, this way everyone who actually wants to see the previous act gets to see them too, instead of not getting to the front row because of all the camping Coldplay fans.

I'd really like to meet some of you, btw! I'll be there all day, did you agree on meeting up somewhere?

I'll be there quite early (between 10:30-11:00) in front of the entrance. 2GreenEyes will also be there early.

If we are allowed to stay in the front area, I'll probably stay there. If not, I probably won't stay at the main stage. Instead, I'll go watch Manic Street Preachers and then return to the fence at the main stage.

I do understand why they'd want to empty the front area after each band. It can't be much fun for a band to perform in front of an audience where the first couple of rows only care about the headliner. On the other hand, there will also be a major crush when the gates open after Elbow.

Ah thank you! Will ask some security guy tomorrow.

If they don't clear the area out, I'll be in the front all day.

If they do clear it out after every band, I'm gonna camp the entrance to the front.

It's gonna be hard finding other coldplayers I think. We should all carry a "Coldplaying???"-banner :) I'm gonna wear my LIT shirt.

Ehh . . . We have a problem here. That link I got doesn't seem to be working anymore :wreck: Has anyone else found a link that could possibly work??

I'm still searching for you all, but I think the solution will be a (dutch) proxy or someone who upload it on justin.tv.

If I was home during pinkpop I may put it on justin.tv, but I'm not home :(