✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Top of the Pops updates

Jenjie

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Oh wow, so last year more than 2 times the amount of people that got in were turned away last year? Eeek.

Yes, an *awful lot* get turned away....

When they start to get near to the full studio capacity space, about 20/30 people are given a yellow "standby" sticker.

This basically gets you into the Audience foyer (take out a second mortgage by the way for any food or drink - especially alcoholic ones - they are notoriously expensive!) but will mean that you will only get called to the studio if they can fit you in - so being on standby is nearly as bad (if not worse, as the disappointment is greater) as not getting in at all. I've not known many people make it to the studio on a yellow standby ticket.

Can I ask someone a BIG favor?

Could someone print my ticket? I completely forgot to do that. I can send it to you by email.Please let me know.I'll be there tomorrow morning around 9.30-10.

Although I'm starting to wonder whether I should actually go considering the chances of actually getting in are always unsure and it's just for one song.I love Coldplay but you know...Waiting outside for hours in the cold is not necessarily my primary choice

Yes, an *awful lot* get turned away....

When they start to get near to the full studio capacity space, about 20/30 people are given a yellow "standby" sticker.

This basically gets you into the Audience foyer (take out a second mortgage by the way for any food or drink - especially alcoholic ones - they are notoriously expensive!) but will mean that you will only get called to the studio if they can fit you in - so being on standby is nearly as bad (if not worse, as the disappointment is greater) as not getting in at all. I've not known many people make it to the studio on a yellow standby ticket.

Wow, that process reminds me of when I went to 'The Price is Right' a few years ago.

Can I ask someone a BIG favor?

Could someone print my ticket? I completely forgot to do that. I can send it to you by email.Please let me know.I'll be there tomorrow morning around 9.30-10.

Although I'm starting to wonder whether I should actually go considering the chances of actually getting in are always unsure and it's just for one song.I love Coldplay but you know...Waiting outside for hours in the cold is not necessarily my primary choice

I can do it for you if you haven't found any volunteers yet. :P PM me if you need.

I just went to the BBC centre today.

Basically it's about a 40min trip from Bank to White City.

If you're going to Wood Lane Station, you will see where you need to queue instantly. It is right opposite the exit of the station.

If you're going to White City Station when you exit turn Left and continue down till you see the security gates, the building itself is hard to miss, it's HUGE and says BBC Television Centre. You will see Wood Lane station and next to the gates there is a sign saying "BBC Audience Entrance".

also about a 3min walk away is Westfield shopping centre for food and toilet needs *Chelsea* :P

hope that helps :)

HEY! :P

I'll be well prepared this time. I'm not even getting coffee at any point before the show, and I'm going to be getting up at 5AM!

After consulting my A-Z, I realise I'm actually somewhat familiar with the area...I've been there before! Not to the BBC TV Centre itself, but to that tube stop and area and everything. And I'm a freak with directions and stuff, I have like a GPS for a brain :lol:

I feel like I'm leaving enough time to get in by arriving at 10:30 (Daniel, you're still going to get there early and save a place for me? :shy:), but I can't help but be nervous...if I don't get in I will have chucked away a lot of time and money for nothing...not to mention being heartbroken :uhoh:. I know it's only one song, but it's the time and money investment that are making me the most worried.

I'll be well prepared this time. I'm not even getting coffee at any point before the show, and I'm going to be getting up at 5AM!

After consulting my A-Z, I realise I'm actually somewhat familiar with the area...I've been there before! Not to the BBC TV Centre itself, but to that tube stop and area and everything. And I'm a freak with directions and stuff, I have like a GPS for a brain :lol:

I feel like I'm leaving enough time to get in by arriving at 10:30 (Daniel, you're still going to get there early and save a place for me? :shy:), but I can't help but be nervous...if I don't get in I will have chucked away a lot of time and money for nothing...not to mention being heartbroken :uhoh:. I know it's only one song, but it's the time and money investment that are making me the most worried.

I'm getting there at 10 but I can't help but feel a teensy bit paranoid...at least it's not too much money/hassle for me. At the very least, if I don't get in I'll have a nice day in London. By myself. :rolleyes:

I'm getting there at 10 but I can't help but feel a teensy bit paranoid...at least it's not too much money/hassle for me. At the very least, if I don't get in I'll have a nice day in London. By myself. :rolleyes:

Well there's always the Winter Wonderland!:P

Yeah, this is how I feel. :uhoh2: I'm hoping I'll be able to get in.

Also, just noticed your location, you live in Norfolk? me too. Well, my family do, I live in Suffolk. :P

City of Norwich! :dance:

I was going to get a 7AM train out to London rather than 8AM, but it cost £20 more :freak:. Maybe I should have in the end, but I have to draw the line somewhere, especially when this event is one song for an hour :P.

Norwich! :awesome:

I'm getting the 8am train from Norwich, too. :wacko: