✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Top of the Pops updates

Jenjie

Did anyone else notice the bloke randomly shouting out "GO ON CHRIS" or something like that frequently in a very drunken fashion?

yeah…he was kinda annoying after a while. not to mention he went quiet for a while there when Chris'd noticed him & asked what was it he'd been shouting. :P

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had such a great day after such an early start. We left home at 6:30 and got to the BBC at 8:15, no idea why we got there so early but we were fortunate to be first in the queue (numbers 1 and 2) :D

Which mean't we were first into the studio and we got a spot right at the front; directly infront of Chris. We had our Christmas Lights Glowing and our Sparkly Trees on our heads; When the band came on stage everyone went crazy; Chris asked if anyone was in the video - I spoke up and said I was :D he then said it was good fun with lots of drugs and some of the spice girls, they then began to sing the song...but OMG he was right in front of me, less than 2 feet away. I have been fortunate to meet him in person before; but nothing can beat being that close to him and watching him perform, just mesmerising.

Had a total awesome fangirl moment, Chris asked me if his collar on his shirt was straight; I said its a little up, he then bent down and asked me to straighten it for him, which I gladly did :P

Had so much fun being right there; singing away and dancing to the song; but i'm dreading seeing myself on camera on Christmas Day.

I heard him too; I think Chris tried to ask him what he was saying but he didn't respond.

I got a little annoyed when people kept asking for things; especially Will's drum sticks even before they began to shot the performance, I felt like saying "well how is he mean't to play the drums without them." I just don't get people, we got to see them upclose for free, what more could people possible need other than that....or is that just me??

I was standing next to you for a bit when we were waiting in the foyer bit, I noticed tickets 1 & 2 and was a little jealous :P.

Yeah Chris asked the guy who was shouting what he was saying and I don't think he responded. He kept shouting it though haha!

Had a total awesome fangirl moment, Chris asked me if his collar on his shirt was straight; I said its a little up, he then bent down and asked me to straighten it for him, which I gladly did :P

:cool:

I got a little annoyed when people kept asking for things; especially Will's drum sticks even before they began to shot the performance, I felt like saying "well how is he mean't to play the drums without them." I just don't get people, we got to see them upclose for free, what more could people possible need other than that....or is that just me??

It's not just you!

:stunned:

Have these people no shame?:(

You should all have given whoever it was loads of stick!:P

:cool:

It's not just you!

I was just so shocked that they were asking for anything and everything, i'm surprised they didn't ask for the guitars or their shirts...just unbelievable.

I was standing next to you for a bit when we were waiting in the foyer bit, I noticed tickets 1 & 2 and was a little jealous :P.

I think we were nearly frozen by the time we got in but it was so worth it; soon warmed up in the foyer bit, that was a little crazy in there lmao.

What number where you? I was surprised to see 280 ish numbers around, but it's great nearly everyone got in. I wonder how many got turned away.

Yes I got the picture to Jonny - I always thought it was going to be a long shot, especially after the lady controlling everyone on the way in said "we don't give things to the band, you'll have to see if someone in the studio will".

Glad they got it. everyone here I spoke today said they had a great time.

That was a really great day!! :dance:

I got there at about 9.30am, ended up being no. 34 in the queue. Met Phil and Laura and we froze for those few hours!! Met Chelsea and Daniel too....After a bit of an extended wait and a lady who had to contend with a load of overexcited Coldplay fans, we were let loose on the route towards the studio. I havn't been inside the BBC buildings before and it was really great to see everything. I was so happy to make it to the front row :nice: where me, Laura and Phil ended up on the Guy's side. Everyone was in a good mood and I really enjoyed the atmosphere! The stage was nicely decorated, although I was surprised to discover that the 'snow' was made of pieces of old newspaper hahaha!!

When Coldplay arrived, there was an awesome atmosphere because they were so very very close! All the guys seemed to be in a good mood and bantering with the crowd. I think I got a smile from Will at one point when he was looking in my direction and I smiled at him....but who knows, he could have been smiling at someone behind me :lol:

Me and Phil had to make way several times for Fearne and Reggie.... that was interesting :uhoh:

and yeah, that was Phil passing Jonny the group photograph that he'd had printed out! Glad that Jonny took it :)

Had a great time!

(hello to any Coldplayers that were there!! :dance: )

Aww :cheesy:

Managed to sneak a picture, will upload soon. :wacky:

Thank you for sharing! It's nice that you all had a great time!

Yes I got the picture to Jonny - I always thought it was going to be a long shot, especially after the lady controlling everyone on the way in said "we don't give things to the band, you'll have to see if someone in the studio will".

That's awesome, thank you! ;)

@Anna: I love the new pic in your avatar! :smug:

Guest howyousawtheworld
Was really nice meeting some of you! (Not sure everyones names but I was the guy in the bright red coat :P) I also managed to go to Question of Sport straight after. Had a really great day! :D

Sweet! Was Jake Humphrey on Question of Sport tonight??

imtwitchingplz.gif?1

Holy poop that's one really GOOD fangirl moment :wideeyed::sweatdrop:

Firstly, Hi All! Long time fan and Coldplaying follower, first time poster ;)

yeah…he was kinda annoying after a while. not to mention he went quiet for a while there when Chris'd noticed him & asked what was it he'd been shouting. :P

As far as I know he had tourettes (or at least that was the rumour circulating at the mid section where I was stood!) He kept doing a kind of neck twitch which is quite common with tourettes sufferers trying to control ticks (Spelling?!).

It was a truly amazing experiance there today. I arrived about 11am and stood somewhere in the middle of the queue freezing! I was number 129.

The guy on stage warming the crowd up was brilliant and had a good laugh with the crowd but Chris was his usual cheeky self stealing the show. His mention of the Christmas Lights shoot being "an orgy of drink, drugs and spice girls" was brilliant!

Intimate isn't really the word for it. Perhaps 'private' show? When else can a true fan watch their idols play 2 foot in front of them? None of them seemed too shy either which can sometimes happen. I vaguely remember Chris watch me belting out part of the second chorus with a grin, might have made a prat of myself on TV!

I've got a few pics from where I was stood but they're not particularly brilliant. Some direct links below:

Edit after trying to post! - Apparently I can't yet post links as it's my first post >.< Will try and find a way to let you all see them!

And one of me by the Piano :D

Edit - As above!

I must also confess that I hit the record button on my iPhone and have a fairly good recording of all 3 performances.

However, out or respect for the band, TOTP and everyone else, I won't upload it at least until it airs (I'm sure the band would rather people see and importantly hear the finished product and not a lowish quality 'bootleg'!) and, although I have it, I'm considering not uploading it at all.

Obv first time poster so feel free to say what you wish. I'm happy to upload it after it airs if anyone's interested in how the show worked or what Chris was saying in between takes! However, if the general mood amongst other fans on here is that it should stay private them I'm happy to oblige. I'm a fan of Coldplay and would want to respect them more than anything.

I'm not 100% on where others stand on this I must be honest so please let me know :)

Dan

TWTR: huds601

I must also confess that I hit the record button on my iPhone and have a fairly good recording of all 3 performances.

However, out or respect for the band, TOTP and everyone else, I won't upload it at least until it airs (I'm sure the band would rather people see and importantly hear the finished product and not a lowish quality 'bootleg'!) and, although I have it, I'm considering not uploading it at all.

Obv first time poster so feel free to say what you wish. I'm happy to upload it after it airs if anyone's interested in how the show worked or what Chris was saying in between takes! However, if the general mood amongst other fans on here is that it should stay private them I'm happy to oblige. I'm a fan of Coldplay and would want to respect them more than anything.

I'm not 100% on where others stand on this I must be honest so please let me know :)

Dan

TWTR: huds601

Hi! Welcome to the forum :nice:

I agree with you about maybe not posting the performance until TOTP airs. I'd love to see Chris' banter, though! :awesome:

That's what I would like you to do :) I think most on here would agree!

i got there at 9:30 and was number 27!!

best day of my life. chris came right in front of me and stared at me for a few seconds . best moment of my life. Also at the end i put my hand out to jonny and he smiled and shook my hand!!!!!

wont ever get an experience like that ever again!