✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Top of the Pops updates

Jenjie

Back at the last UK Viva gig at Wembley we did our Coldplayer's "circle of light" thing with our glo sticks which worked really well.

I was thinking if we wore a string of batter operated LED Christmas lights each- they are really cheap in Poundstrechers - £1.99 a set and they are really bright - despite being battery ones.

I've got 3 sets so other 2 will go to Dan & Chelsea because we've already agreed to meet up

sounds good! so we all buy some kind of xmas LED Badges?

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL - this isn't typical winter weather for us, hence the marvel. The average high for us in December is around 45F (In American money) and snow is rarity at this time of the year.

Sub-zero days are (thankfully) quite rare in the UK. It's global warming! :)

Haha, yeah, last winter here was so boring compared to this. I'm a cold weather and winter freak, though, and have been missing proper intense winters at home these past few years, so I'm LOVING all this :D

Back at the last UK Viva gig at Wembley we did our Coldplayer's "circle of light" thing with our glo sticks which worked really well.

I was thinking if we wore a string of batter operated LED Christmas lights each- they are really cheap in Poundstrechers - £1.99 a set and they are really bright - despite being battery ones.

I've got 3 sets so other 2 will go to Dan & Chelsea because we've already agreed to meet up

I like this idea! :dance:. I've got a set of my own that I can bring, but thanks for thinking of me :nice:. Coincidentally, I just bought another strand today at QD! They have £1 strands if anyone's got a QD near them.

I think there could be a very small chance the studio might not like it, given it's going to be noticeable that a few audience members are literally glowing on TV, but hey, might as well try!

Haha, yeah, last winter here was so boring compared to this. I'm a cold weather and winter freak, though, and have been missing proper intense winters at home these past few years, so I'm LOVING all this :D

I like this idea! :dance:. I've got a set of my own that I can bring, but thanks for thinking of me :nice:. Coincidentally, I just bought another strand today at QD! They have £1 strands if anyone's got a QD near them.

I think there could be a very small chance the studio might not like it, given it's going to be noticeable that a few audience members are literally glowing on TV, but hey, might as well try!

Possibly, tho they will barely register with the bright studio lights. We can but try!

I thought this too because of the airport security checks but I'm thinking they'll let us do it. it is christmas :)

oh yeah guys London is really cold with lots of snow. so dress a bit more warmly. Chelsea it's much colder than it was last Thursday night outside. But good news is the trains do work so hopefully no delays for anyone.

I thought this too because of the airport security checks but I'm thinking they'll let us do it. it is christmas :)

oh yeah guys London is really cold with lots of snow. so dress a bit more warmly. Chelsea it's much colder than it was last Thursday night outside. But good news is the trains do work so hopefully no delays for anyone.

I remember once after visiting my cousins in the US for Christmas I literally bought a shedload of outdoor Christmas lights @ just $2 a set (how come they are so cheap over there?)

When I checked in at the airport in the US they wanted to know what all the wiring was in my suitcase. LOL :)

Sorry to be ignorant, but what's been going on with the trains? Has it just been the weather? I knew there were Tube strikes, but there haven't been rail strikes as well, have there?

I'll be better prepared for the cold this time, but either way it didn't bother me much last time! I thrive in cold weather, honestly. It makes me happy.

And things are just a LOT cheaper in America like that...it's crazy.

:lol: it figures. I don't bemoan England (or at least my part of it) for not having the proper infrastructure for dealing with snow, because I'm very aware you/we don't get a lot of it here, but being from New England where we're used to it shitting on us every winter, at least before global warming, I just crack up sometimes when entire counties here become completely impassible after like two or three inches. Council hasn't taken my rubbish this week because they claim they can't get up my street, and I look out my window and just laugh at how little there is out there, and almost none of it on the road itself.

O/T, sorry. I'm just happy I'm finally getting a proper winter in England :P

:lol: it figures. I don't bemoan England (or at least my part of it) for not having the proper infrastructure for dealing with snow, because I'm very aware you/we don't get a lot of it here, but being from New England where we're used to it shitting on us every winter, at least before global warming, I just crack up sometimes when entire counties here become completely impassible after like two or three inches. Council hasn't taken my rubbish this week because they claim they can't get up my street, and I look out my window and just laugh at how little there is out there, and almost none of it on the road itself.

O/T, sorry. I'm just happy I'm finally getting a proper winter in England :P

Last year was pretty spectular too snow wiswe. We had 3 spells of heavy snow. A light dusting before Christmas - then loads up North actually for Christmas, then everywhere in early Jan, and again late Feb.

I wish that we'd had snow like this when I was younger... it melted within a day back then!

It gets dangerous here because people don't have proper Winter tyres on their cars and no one clears the roads!!

I hope the trains don't play up when I try to get there for this! People got stuck on trains the other day on my line :( don't fancy that

I missed most of the proper snow last year being home for Christmas, but it did mess me up a small bit trying to fly back in January. But my area didn't get very much after that at all...

Right now says partly cloudy for London on Wednesday, but I know how often that changes :P

Don't get me started on the inaccuracy of the 5 day forecasts! :rolleyes:

Hi all

I've got 2 x tickets for Coldplay's TOTP session at BBC TV Centre on 08 December....

Strangely I didn't apply for these (!) but applied for the main TOTP Evening Christmas Show - which I didn't get...

I know this is a long shot, but is there any Coldplay fans out there that know of any evening TOTP tickets (x2) that I could swap for these Coldplay ones? Unfortunately, for me, it's rather a long way to travel just for one performance......

Cheers

BTW guys, I've done 49 editions of Top of the Pops (audience) from 1988 up until the Christmas edition last year, so if you've got any questions about the recording or how it all works, I can probably answer them for you.....

hiya...

i applied for tickets for the main show, but since i haven't heard from the BBC confirming that my application was actually successful up to now, i'm assuming i didn't get them. but if somehow i do get an email stating otherwise, i'd be happy to pass the tickets on.

btw, i already have tickets for the Coldplay song shoot, thanks to an all kinds of awesome Coldplayer. so am not looking for a swap.

& thanks a lot for your info! i really didn't know what to expect or how to plan my day. was hoping i wouldn't have to queue so early even if the studio is near where i stay. especially considering the freezing cold weather we've been getting in London this week. but looks like that may not be possible...darn. :thinking:

Sadly no... :disappointed:

No days left to take off and more importantly no money!

Christmas time = more busy at work on top.

I already feel bad that I had to stay away from work 1 extra day because of my cold.

The minute another concert will be announced (in a place I can reach easily) I'll ignore all that but "only" for TOTP I won't spend huge amounts of money.

Can't wait to read all your stories next week! :hug: