✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Top of the Pops updates

Jenjie

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back home from my afternoon at the BBC. Its well worth it, had a good chat to Phil before he got up on stage as on eof the violin playing Elvis's. I had the three Elvis's infront of me!!! As the band came of stage I shook hands with Chris and Johny!!

Overall it was a good day. Plus we got to hear Christmas Lights live 4 times:D

Kris

spotted Miller in the studio area too…but am still wondering if Simon Pegg was there too as 1 of the 3 Santas given that Phil was there as an Elvis too. :thinking:

According to his tweets, Simon is currently filming in Canada :\

Thanks for the pics :)

Guest howyousawtheworld

Coldplay don't choose not to play live. It's everything to do with BBC Top of the Pops rights.

Oasis famously mocked this issue during a live performance on TOTP in the mid ninties performing Roll With It. Sung of course by Liam, Noel was televised doing the vocals over Liam's recorded voice with Liam playing guitar!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUTL2jSRIgE]YouTube - Oasis - Roll With It Top Of The Pops[/ame]

Chris sounded good actually :). Someone at the end gave something to Johnny, looked like a black piece of paper or something? Was that anyone from here and if so what was it?

I think it was Phil from here giving Jonny the group picture of us all on the boat from what Kara's been talling me :D

yeah, Aurelie! all thanks to Meredith! :D

Virginie :blush:

Just got back home from my afternoon at the BBC. Its well worth it, had a good chat to Phil before he got up on stage as on eof the violin playing Elvis's. I had the three Elvis's infront of me!!! As the band came of stage I shook hands with Chris and Johny!!

Overall it was a good day. Plus we got to hear Christmas Lights live 4 times:D

Well done, Kris! ;) and thanks for the review!

I think it was Phil from here giving Jonny the group picture of us all on the boat from what Kara's been talling me :D

Aww, that's nice! I hope the guys will appreciate it! :cheesy:

This was a really good experience - much better than the night on the Thames for me.

I really enjoyed being able to see the band up and close (a first time for me), and they also seemed in very good spirits. It was a lot of fun. Chris continued to make me feel he could moonlight as a stand-up comedian. What he told everyone about the boat cruise was hilarious - something to the effect of, "lots of drugs. just a massive orgy. some of the spice girls showed up as well". I nearly died laughing.

Everyone else in the band looked good. Jonny and Will seemed in good spirits. Guy seemed like himself - haha.

I'm so glad I was able to make it (or rather chose to miss lecture to make it...)

This was a really good experience - much better than the night on the Thames for me.

I really enjoyed being able to see the band up and close (a first time for me), and they also seemed in very good spirits. It was a lot of fun. Chris continued to make me feel he could moonlight as a stand-up comedian. What he told everyone about the boat cruise was hilarious - something to the effect of, "lots of drugs. just a massive orgy. some of the spice girls showed up as well". I nearly died laughing.

Everyone else in the band looked good. Jonny and Will seemed in good spirits. Guy seemed like himself - haha.

I'm so glad I was able to make it (or rather chose to miss lecture to make it...)

I always said Chris has a second career as a stand-up comic, I always find him hilarious anyway.

Did u hear what one of the old bags coming in to see Question of Sport said of us as we were all waiting for our coats?

"Here are the unemployed... or they're in property"

"yeah love, my portfolio's £3bn these days and I was sick of counting money so I thought I'd come and see Coldplay this afternoon" :)

Had such a great day after such an early start. We left home at 6:30 and got to the BBC at 8:15, no idea why we got there so early but we were fortunate to be first in the queue (numbers 1 and 2) :D

Which mean't we were first into the studio and we got a spot right at the front; directly infront of Chris. We had our Christmas Lights Glowing and our Sparkly Trees on our heads; When the band came on stage everyone went crazy; Chris asked if anyone was in the video - I spoke up and said I was :D he then said it was good fun with lots of drugs and some of the spice girls, they then began to sing the song...but OMG he was right in front of me, less than 2 feet away. I have been fortunate to meet him in person before; but nothing can beat being that close to him and watching him perform, just mesmerising.

Had a total awesome fangirl moment, Chris asked me if his collar on his shirt was straight; I said its a little up, he then bent down and asked me to straighten it for him, which I gladly did :P

Had so much fun being right there; singing away and dancing to the song; but i'm dreading seeing myself on camera on Christmas Day.

Did anyone else notice the bloke randomly shouting out "GO ON CHRIS" or something like that frequently in a very drunken fashion?

I heard him too; I think Chris tried to ask him what he was saying but he didn't respond.

I got a little annoyed when people kept asking for things; especially Will's drum sticks even before they began to shot the performance, I felt like saying "well how is he mean't to play the drums without them." I just don't get people, we got to see them upclose for free, what more could people possible need other than that....or is that just me??

I got a little annoyed when people kept asking for things; especially Will's drum sticks even before they began to shot the performance, I felt like saying "well how is he mean't to play the drums without them." I just don't get people, we got to see them upclose for free, what more could people possible need other than that....or is that just me??

:stunned:

Have these people no shame?:(

You should all have given whoever it was loads of stick!:P