✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Top of the Pops updates

Jenjie

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked with the BBC this afternoon, the times for gate (12) and studio (1pm) are still on schedule.

There is somewhere for people to store their coats etc but the BBC are not responsible for the items. Photos are not allowed in the studio.

Wrap up warm as the high for London on Wednesday is only 0C (32F), see: http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/8

I am bringing a copy of the group photo from the boat video shoot, if anyone would like to sign for the band let me know, (I'll be the guy like the dodgy MP with the big brown envelope :) )

I also have copies of the lyrics of Christmas lights for us to sing to keep us occupied in the queue.

We are also all wearing Christmas lights - the LED battery variety!

I am bringing a copy of the group photo from the boat video shoot, if anyone would like to sign for the band let me know, (I'll be the guy like the dodgy MP with the big brown envelope :) )

Cool. :P

I just booked my flights. Poor wallet......

I checked with the BBC this afternoon, the times for gate (12) and studio (1pm) are still on schedule.

There is somewhere for people to store their coats etc but the BBC are not responsible for the items. Photos are not allowed in the studio.

Wrap up warm as the high for London on Wednesday is only 0C (32F), see: http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/8

I also have copies of the lyrics of Christmas lights for us to sing to keep us occupied in the queue.

We are also all wearing Christmas lights - the LED battery variety!

well, i'm bringing my coat even if they didn't have a coat storage area. i don't really want to freeze or fall sick just from this & for those wondering what to wear/pack, believe me, London has been frigging freezing this week still despite the snow being all melted away already.

one consolation i have is that Westfield mall is nearby. so once it's open, i could take turns with my sis to go grab a hot cup of coffee to keep warm or use the toilet in there. :P

didn't know about the LED Christmas lights tho...anyone got spares?

Cool. :P

I just booked my flights. Poor wallet......

oooh...you're going too? :D thought you were only going for the Liverpool secret gig!

So, guys... I have a slight problem (which could end off a major one!)

Roos (RoosAnne) is coming from Denmark for this, but, her flight doesn't get to Stansted until 10:10 in the morning :o ... she will get the train to Liverpool street taking 45 minutes, then the tube to Wood lane taking about 20 minutes. But, I'll be queueing already, so will they let me keep her a spot in the queue? Or even let my other 2 friends keep mine and hers spots so I can go meet her at Liverpool street?

Is there anyway around this, cause when I've been at shows before, they have told anyone who is waiting for someone else, to go to the back of the queue!

But, that was Applause store, not just the BBC... will they be hosting/running this one? Cause they are a buch of arseholes tbh :(

So, guys... I have a slight problem (which could end off a major one!)

Roos (RoosAnne) is coming from Denmark for this, but, her flight doesn't get to Stansted until 10:10 in the morning :o ... she will get the train to Liverpool street taking 45 minutes, then the tube to Wood lane taking about 20 minutes. But, I'll be queueing already, so will they let me keep her a spot in the queue? Or even let my other 2 friends keep mine and hers spots so I can go meet her at Liverpool street?

Is there anyway around this, cause when I've been at shows before, they have told anyone who is waiting for someone else, to go to the back of the queue!

But, that was Applause store, not just the BBC... will they be hosting/running this one? Cause they are a buch of arseholes tbh :(

Well, I've queued up for LOADS of editions of 'Top of the Pops' at BBC TV Centre (most recently last Christmas!) and I think you should be ok, providing you can get someone to kind of "save your place" - the BBC won't come along and check anyones tickets until nearer the door opening times, so it just really depends on whether someone around you will mind keeping your place. As far as I know, there are no specific rules regarding this...(not for BBC in house productions anyhow)

I shall probably see alot of you here coming out of the Coldplay recording, as I've managed to secure a couple of tickets for the main evening recording of the rest of 'Top of the Pops' (for Christmas Day still) - so I'll be queuing when you all come out!

Hope it's not toooo cold tomorrow !!!

2 Spare TOTP Tickets Available

I have 2 spare E-tickets for the TOTP show, as I am now unable to attend due to work commitments.

If you would like them then PM me with your email address and I will email the tickets to you. I will post on this forum again if / when they are taken.

Please note I will be off line from 5.30pm today until around midnight.

I just went to the BBC centre today.

Basically it's about a 40min trip from Bank to White City.

If you're going to Wood Lane Station, you will see where you need to queue instantly. It is right opposite the exit of the station.

If you're going to White City Station when you exit turn Left and continue down till you see the security gates, the building itself is hard to miss, it's HUGE and says BBC Television Centre. You will see Wood Lane station and next to the gates there is a sign saying "BBC Audience Entrance".

also about a 3min walk away is Westfield shopping centre for food and toilet needs *Chelsea* :P

hope that helps :)

How early is everyone getting there? Im going to be able to get to Wood Lane for 11am and im worried thats too late?! Also, the 'oracle' on the Coldplay site says there are other acts performing too but i know this is on the evening performance. Far too many mixed messages going out for my liking! :cry:

Thanks,

Soph

How early is everyone getting there? Im going to be able to get to Wood Lane for 11am and im worried thats too late?! Also, the 'oracle' on the Coldplay site says there are other acts performing too but i know this is on the evening performance. Far too many mixed messages going out for my liking! :cry:

Thanks,

Soph

..to be perfectly honest, I think that 11am *might* be cutting it a bit fine. Admission on site is from 12 midday - usually by 1 hour beforehand the queue has grown and grown.....

**JUST A REMINDER **

To answer a question that is on the Oracle in more detail about "How many people will be allowed in?" - the answer is around 230 - depending upon which studio they use - some are smaller than others. Last years Christmas TOTP was recording in Studio 8 - which is farily small and the max audience for this was 230.

The BBC will have OVER TICKETED by ALOT! Last years main Christmas show was OVER ticketed by ..... 570 !!!!! So, if you get there late on, you could be unlucky.

I am attending the evening main recording of Christmas TOTP - doors open for this from 6.10pm. I have arranged a parking space at TV Centre for ....2pm. This gives you an idea. I am not saying you need to get there 4 hours before - but - be as early as you can - as - there is nothing worse than standing in a queue, for ages and ages, only to be turned away once they've reached the maximum studo limit - it's happened once to me. Never again!

So, I would say around 10ish would be a sensible time......