✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin Snubbed As Oscars Unveil Original Song Nominations (pg.4)

Nattatouille

They've had writers of songs perform in the past, even if they're not the original performer. All of this is just speculation for now, for a bit of fun :wink:.

I'm laughing at the thought of Chris bumbling out an acceptance speech, though :lol:.

"Ummm, thank-you radiohead for the inspiration, no, no, hang on, the inspiration Gwyneth gave to me for this song....", Chris suddenly put's his hand over his mouth and realizes he spoke of the one he must not mention, gasps and bows and runs off stage.:laugh3:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but both of these 1 and 2's are known, we were goofing on the fact that if he won, if he would show, or someone would accept for him:) and YES fingers crossed:D

Well , first of all , is the number 1 thing is known , then why am i reading he is nominated where he is not ? . He is a contender to be nominated , he is eligible . If all of the sudden i see everyone is saying he's nominated. well , he is not , yet . :rolleyes:

Well , first of all , is the number 1 thing is known , then why am i reading he is nominated where he is not ? . He is a contender to be nominated , he is eligible . If all of the sudden i see everyone is saying he's nominated. well , he is not , yet . :rolleyes:

:D I know it hasn't been narrowed down yet and nominated for the award, I guess we are having a lack of comunication:) I think some early on in the thread thought he was a for sure nominee, but I think everyone knows now:kiss:

Thanks for the link to the video! :nice:

You handn't heard it already?? The soundtrack is playing in my mp3 player since its release, it's GOOD! I'm very impressed by Garrett Hedlung (?) voice :stunned: the guy really has an astonishing voice!

Anyway, back to me & tennessee, it's such a lovely track and Tim McGraw :heart:

This is evidence Eno is spoiling coldplay because this is what Chris can write when hes unrestricted. Its beautiful.

It is AMAZING, what an incredible track and shame on me for not knowing about it's existence until now. Off to download Country Strong soundtrack from Amazon.co.uk (can't download track on its own unfortunately; clever marketing bods knew that people would ignore rest of album, I guess!)

Not sure if this is Eno's fault - it could equally be the "quality control" exerted by the rest of the band (e.g. doesn't fit with the band's "sound" or "direction", for example)

• 1 month later...

Coldplay's Chris Martin Snubbed As Oscars Unveil Original Song Nominations

200Chris-Coldplay19.jpg

Coldplay's Chris Martin Snubbed As Oscars Unveil Original Song Nominations

Coldplay's Chris Martin has failed in his bid to land a nomination for this year's Academy Awards.

Martin was in contention for ‘Me and Tennessee’, which is sung by his wife Gwyneth Paltrow in the movie, Country Strong.

Randy Newman continued his Oscar run with 'We Belong Together' from Toy Story 3 nominated for Original Song.

The Original Song shortlist was completed by Alan Menken 's 'I See The Light', from Tangled, A.R. Rahman's 'If I Rise', from 127 hours and Tom Douglas' 'Coming Home', from Country Strong.

In the other music-based category, How To Train Your Dragon, Inception, The King's Speech, 127 Hours and The Social Network were nominated for Best Original Score.

The 83rd Academy Awards will be presented on February 27 in Los Angeles.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/60888/Coldplays-Chris-Martin-Snubbed-As-Oscars-Unveil-Original-Song-Nominations

I wasn't a huge, huge fan of the song itself, I think because I'm not a fan of country music at all, but when I'm thinking objectively, I can see why it was nominated, and I think it's pretty good for what it is. Also, I think it's very "Chris."

I feel like a jerk saying it, because I really would have been thrilled if he got nominated or won, but really I was interested to see how he would handle the situation because it would kind of turn him into a hypocrite.