✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin Snubbed As Oscars Unveil Original Song Nominations (pg.4)

Nattatouille

Coldplay's Chris Martin is among those nominated in the Best Song category for the 2011 Oscars.

41 songs are longlisted for the award, with the winner set to be announced at the Oscars ceremony on February 27 at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles.

Martin is nominated for his song 'Me And Tennessee', which features on the soundtrack to forthcoming film Country Strong, starring his wife Gwyneth Paltrow as a down-on-her-luck country singer.

Other artists nominated include Janet Jackson and Alanis Morissette.

The 41 songs will be whittled down to no more than five by the time the full Oscar nominations are announced on January 25.

Source: http://www.nme.com/news/coldplay/54282

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This song

Baby I Think We Both Know It's Gone Wrong, Wrong, Wrong

And I Know You Don't Think We Can Carry It On

Baby I Think We Both Know It's Gone Bad, Bad, Bad

Think Of All The Good Times We Had

Driving To Your House

Member When We First Met

Dancin' On A Friday Night

Under The Moon Light

Talkin' Till The Night Was Gone

In The Back Of My Truck With The Radio On

Then That Ol' Song Comes On

Together We're Singin'

Forever We're Singin'

When That Ol' Song Comes On

Together We're Singin'

Forever We're Singin'

That Ol' Country Song

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

Baby I Think We Both Know

It's Alright, Alright

But How Could I Forget What You Did That Night

Baby You Told Me You Loved Me In Tennessee

Where We Were Gonna Live

But Now You've Done A Few Things That I Can't Forgive

Driving To Her House

Tellin' Her You Love Her

Lying On A Friday Night

Ring In Your Pocket

Lying To Me All Along

just had a flash in my brain

would chris play piano or an instrument along side gwen at the awards if the song makes it to the the final 5?

:lol:! Yeah, right :P.

If he ends up on the shortlist, I'd bet money on them not even sitting with each other at the ceremony despite the fact that they always seat people from the same films near each other :dozey:.

I just find this so hysterical...they won't be seen in public together and barely acknowledge one another's existence so they don't look like they're a Hollywood power couple feeding off each other's fame, and then they work together like this :P. I think they're allowed to go for a walk in the park together now, or bring the kids out for pizza.

They usually all perform, though...he could turn it down or get someone else to do it, but I think that would just be so ridiculous :P. His absence would make the whole thing more obvious than it would be if he just did it, but I doubt he sees it that way :lol:.

Anyway, who knows if he'll even be one of the five. This is so awesome, but I can't help snarfing a little bit at the irony :P

They usually all perform, though...he could turn it down or get someone else to do it, but I think that would just be so ridiculous :P. His absence would make the whole thing more obvious than it would be if he just did it, but I doubt he sees it that way :lol:.

Anyway, who knows if he'll even be one of the five. This is so awesome, but I can't help snarfing a little bit at the irony :P

I know I can just see him "What?" "Really?" "An Oscar?" "But, But.... Gywneth.... What do I do?" "Where shall I sit, not near you Gywn for heavens sake", "What shall I wear?":laugh3:

umm two things .

1) First , chris is not nominated. This is like a subbmision list , the real nominees will be released in January ( I think) *fingers crossed*

I bet any money if he makes the list, he will not even show for it.

2) Second of all , the song is WRITTEN by Chris , but not performed by him. So , he will not perform it on the Oscars , Gwyneth and Tim McGraw will. Although if this song is nominated , Chris will be the one taking the Oscar home

umm two things .

1) First , chris is not nominated. This is like a subbmision list , the real nominees will be released in January ( I think) *fingers crossed*

2) Second of all , the song is WRITTEN by Chris , but not performed by him. So , he will not perform it on the Oscars , Gwyneth and Tim McGraw will. Although if this song is nominated , Chris will be the one taking the Oscar home

Sorry, but both of these 1 and 2's are known, we were goofing on the fact that if he won, if he would show, or someone would accept for him:) and YES fingers crossed:D