✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[25-June-2011] Coldplay @ Glastonbury festival, Worthy Farm, Pilton, UK

Blazing_Javelin

The organizers have a "break" every few years to allow the land to recover. Plus with the Olympics happening in London next year, the toilet/police resources will be strained already. If I remember correctly, the break was supposed to be this year but they decided to hold off one more year for those reasons.

Oh alright.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GUYS PLEASE! Someone here downloaded all the videos using "Youtube downloader" for Google Chrome??? I NEED them in 1080p and MP4, not converted, downloaded! Please e-mail me, because I was making a DVD but I still don't get Viva La Vida, Charlie Brown, Life is For Living, Clocks and What a Wonderful World/Fix You.

Hope someone can help me

Hate to be the one guy to say it but I was less than impressed. His voice lacks the power of Dave Gahan, Tom Smith from Editors or even Bono. I found the whole performance pretty dull. I came on board with the last album but didn't like the new songs except for 'Charlie Brown'. Watched the Queens of The Stone Age set today and there's a band that actually 'do 'rock... 'Sorry...

Glastonbury 2011: Beyoncé, Coldplay and Janelle Monáe album sales soar

The artists along with other acts who performed at Worthy Farm over the weekend all received a huge boost in sales.

Sales of Coldplay's Every Teardop Is A Waterfall and their other albums rose by 1290 per cent while Mumford and Sons' Sigh No More jumped 1400 per cent and Janelle Monáe's The ArchAndroid was up by a staggering 4928 per cent.

Monáe, most famous for her hit Tightrope featuring Big Boi, won an army of new fans after performing a bonkers gig at Glastonbury which featured a 14-strong backing band.

Meanwhile, U2's albums received a boost of 747 per cent while and sales of Beyoncé's LPs including her newly released album 4 rose by 713 per cent.

Roger Greensmith, Amazon.co.uk music and MP3 manager, said: 'Demand for albums following Glastonbury performances has been really strong for a lot of the artists at the festival this year.

'Beyoncé timed it perfectly with her closing performance having an immediate effect on not just her new album released today but her back catalogue as well.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/music/867620-glastonbury-2011-beyonce-coldplay-and-janelle-monae-album-sales-soar#ixzz1QVRUkBgv

By late evening I was ready to relax, and turned on BBC2 to see Coldplay at Glastonbury. I've listened to Coldplay more than any other band in the first decade of this century. I wasn't disappointed last night - they were on top form, serving up all the favourites, mixed with new songs from their forthcoming album. Particularly wonderful was their sequence of three encores. "Clocks" got 'em going, then they moved into their anthem "Fix You" and finally a new song "Every Teardrop a Waterfall". Fantastic - and I couldn't help noticing the parallels with religious occasions like pilgrimages. Crowds with a common purpose, music full of feeling, an overwhelming sense of community. Chris Martin even repented at one point of having just made a mistake. I love many kinds of music - always have. This was sheer enjoyment for the thousands and thousands who were there - and for me. Fr M approves.

http://thecanonsstall.blogspot.com/2011/06/belmont-and-glastonbury.html

quick question!

why did the people towards the front of the stage have flags??

That's just a Glastonbury tradition, so to speak. If you look at videos of any artists' performance (at least at the Pyramid Stage) throughout the years, you'll see the same thing.

Glastonbury 2011: Beyoncé, Coldplay and Janelle Monáe album sales soar

The artists along with other acts who performed at Worthy Farm over the weekend all received a huge boost in sales.

Sales of Coldplay's Every Teardop Is A Waterfall and their other albums rose by 1290 per cent while Mumford and Sons' Sigh No More jumped 1400 per cent and Janelle Monáe's The ArchAndroid was up by a staggering 4928 per cent.

Monáe, most famous for her hit Tightrope featuring Big Boi, won an army of new fans after performing a bonkers gig at Glastonbury which featured a 14-strong backing band.

Meanwhile, U2's albums received a boost of 747 per cent while and sales of Beyoncé's LPs including her newly released album 4 rose by 713 per cent.

Roger Greensmith, Amazon.co.uk music and MP3 manager, said: 'Demand for albums following Glastonbury performances has been really strong for a lot of the artists at the festival this year.

'Beyoncé timed it perfectly with her closing performance having an immediate effect on not just her new album released today but her back catalogue as well.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/music/867620-glastonbury-2011-beyonce-coldplay-and-janelle-monae-album-sales-soar#ixzz1QVRUkBgv

Woo :o

So is Vh1 gonna edit out the part where Chris screws up in UATW or are they allowed to play it even though he curses?

What I saw was Will screw up. With the lyrics "Like a river to a raindrop", to which instead he sang "Like a river to a rainBOW". He immediately recognized the mistake, but then tried to cover, until he met Chris' eye and the both started cracking up.

When the redid the song you can hear the emphasis that will places on raindrop.

-k.

WoW!

Coldplay's Glastonbury 2011 performance was really memorable. Reminded me why I like the band so much, and what great songwriters they are.

Viva sounded better than it has done throughout the Viva Tour, and I loved all the new material

The highlight for me was the Chris/Will duet for Us Against the World - despite the mistake. The harmonising between him and Chris just equisite, on a par with Chris' live performance of Yellow at Mountain View, CA a while ago, which was done with just piano and violin.

I also loved the spectacle of the show. I always loved the huge shows U2 used to do in this regard - I thought their set list was quite muted by comparison in terms of spectacle.

Will: what a great voice man! Why have you been hiding it under a bushel? More of it please!

You name it, they Coldplayed it

IT is 12 years since a fresh-faced Coldplay first appeared at Glastonbury, with a performance in the New Bands Tent in 1999 only weeks after signing their record deal. But Saturday night's performance was also the third time they have headlined the main stage in a decade – such was their meteoric rise to fame and fortune. They were last here in 2005 following the release of X & Y and this time they were back with songs from their forthcoming, as yet unnamed, release. They boldly showcased Every Teardrop is a Waterfall right at the end of their encore, but it fitted right in and didn't fall flat as so many new songs played by bands do. Other new tracks such as Charlie Brown showed that the new album will be worth a listen.

But for fans of the old stuff – and there were thousands upon thousands there – Chris Martin and chums also reeled through their back catalogue of hits. You name it, they played it.

One of their encore songs was, perhaps predictably, the stunning Fix You, which Martin opened by singing altered lyrics from Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World, throwing in mentions of mud-splattered faces.

Even without such good music it was a fantastic show – with fireworks, confetti and amazing light displays. The crowd loved every minute of it, as did the celebrities spotted watching the set – including Martin's wife, Gwyneth Paltrow, and last night's headliner Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z.

It was a spectacular performance and the reason why this band will no doubt be back time and time again to deliver an incredible show to the Glastonbury masses.

10/10

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Coldplayed/story-12839465-detail/story.html

It is SOOO great! I haven't watched all the songs yet - but it is so exciting as if I were there:

1. They played What A Wonderful World!! Oi!

2. Love the outfits design – Chris wears a blue top with grey/dark pant while the other three wear the grey/dark top with colorful pants, haha

3. Love the high speeding cloud in Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall as if Chris is flying like a superman.

4. In Us Against World, lovely, Will joined Chris as a duo – he shall sing out more then - comparing to Chirs, a bit shy I guess, haha! There is a break and a restart, no Minus for this wonderful performance though.

5. At the end, fans sang the Ohhhhhh "waves" to see them off. Gwyneth smiles so happily with lots of light. One of the most beautiful moment shared by all "Co-latives" - Thanks!!!

I might come for more. God, it is much much better than KC one - but I still heart that as that's the only live I saw. Maybe I shall make the Glastonbury as part of my travelling plan in the near future!

I'm finally able to see it thanks to the link on Megavideo...

So far it's been awesome, especially Yellow with that absolutly stunning sing-a-long.

Also liked that part where they lost a bit of credibility on "Lost" when Guy stops pounding but the sound itself continues haha.

I'm finally able to see it thanks to the link on Megavideo...

So far it's been awesome, especially Yellow with that absolutly stunning sing-a-long.

Also liked that part where they lost a bit of credibility on "Lost" when Guy stops pounding but the sound itself continues haha.

It was a bit shameless wasn't it, because he didn't even bother to pretend to carry on playing? I think a lot of us already knew it, but it makes you start to wonder how many other parts of the show are just backing tracks...:cry:

It was a bit shameless wasn't it, because he didn't even bother to pretend to carry on playing? I think a lot of us already knew it, but it makes you start to wonder how many other parts of the show are just backing tracks...:cry:

I've been wondering for some time how much of the show is backing tracks... And I don't really see the point in Lost... I mean, I think Guy could really play it, it's not like extra hard to play, so I just don't get why you're gonna put a backing there. Anyway.

I've been wondering for some time how much of the show is backing tracks... And I don't really see the point in Lost... I mean, I think Guy could really play it, it's not like extra hard to play, so I just don't get why you're gonna put a backing there. Anyway.

I think a lot of it is backed, and it's quite easy to tell after watching loads of the shows. I don't mind really, most of the time - I know they want it to be a 'perfect' sound, and that most people won't notice, and in that sense it's theatre over musicality. But all that's broken when Guy stops pretending to drum the part he's meant to be playing - even to those of us who already know/guessed :laugh3:

The funny thing is, the band are best (for me) and also look most comfortable when it's just them and their instruments on the actual songs :)

Well Will is also drumming, so I was confused about what sounds are made by Guy and what sounds are made by Will

Well Will is also drumming, so I was confused about what sounds are made by Guy and what sounds are made by Will

There are two sets of drums in the track playing at the same time (I think). Will's are played live (again I think - it's always looked and sounded that way) and Guy's are on a backing track.

I think a lot of it is backed, and it's quite easy to tell after watching loads of the shows. I don't mind really, most of the time - I know they want it to be a 'perfect' sound, and that most people won't notice, and in that sense it's theatre over musicality. But all that's broken when Guy stops pretending to drum the part he's meant to be playing - even to those of us who already know/guessed :laugh3:

The funny thing is, the band are best (for me) and also look most comfortable when it's just them and their instruments on the actual songs :)

I don't really mind either, I understand that they can't play every instruments on each song. Sometimes I just wonder why they use a backing track, like during "Lost".

And to be honest, I always liked them better in a more acoustic way, where everything seems a bit more spontaneous. Even though I can't deny they're also really good the way they are today.