✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Buckland Religion~Official Thread

BlissfullyMuse

They have the Wide Range humbuckers, but they're solid bodied and have a strat style neck instead of a tele one. They're very popular among rhythm guitarists.

Ahhh, good to know. I've been thinking of buying a Tele for ages, and would obviously like one like Jonny's, but I'm a rhythm player, so should probably get a guitar more suited to it.:nod:

(I know a LOT about acoustics but virtually zilch about electrics,lol.))

Ahhh, good to know. I've been thinking of buying a Tele for ages, and would obviously like one like Jonny's, but I'm a rhythm player, so should probably get a guitar more suited to it.:nod:

(I know a LOT about acoustics but virtually zilch about electrics,lol.))

Personally, I'd say a thinline would be pretty suited to rhythm playing. The widerange pickups (which are shared among the thinline, deluxe and custom teles) have a deep warm sound, and a lot of rhythm players do like semi-hollows. Tele Deluxes and Customs also tend to be quite heavy (some approaching Les Paul weight) if that means anything to you. If you get a thinline, you can also go for one of the new vintage reissues where the pickups are re-wound to better match the 70's ones.

Really though, a Tele custom might be your best bet as you'd have the versatility of having a single coil in the bridge.

-ok I've been OT long enough now:embarrassed:-

Personally, I'd say a thinline would be pretty suited to rhythm playing. The widerange pickups (which are shared among the thinline, deluxe and custom teles) have a deep warm sound, and a lot of rhythm players do like semi-hollows. Tele Deluxes and Customs also tend to be quite heavy (some approaching Les Paul weight) if that means anything to you. If you get a thinline, you can also go for one of the new vintage reissues where the pickups are re-wound to better match the 70's ones.

Really though, a Tele custom might be your best bet as you'd have the versatility of having a single coil in the bridge.

-ok I've been OT long enough now:embarrassed:-

Not nearly as OT as we've been in the Guy thread,lol. At least we're still talking about something related. I play a Crafter electric/acoustic at the moment, and much prefer the hollow body, as it's MUCH lighter than a Les Paul. My neck won't tolerate a very heavy guitar. I really appreciate the info.:D

And just so it's on topic...

20h66vc.jpg

(Still one of my favorite avatars on here.:))

Not nearly as OT as we've been in the Guy thread,lol. At least we're still talking about something related. I play a Crafter electric/acoustic at the moment, and much prefer the hollow body, as it's MUCH lighter than a Les Paul. My neck won't tolerate a very heavy guitar. I really appreciate the info.:D

And just so it's on topic...

20h66vc.jpg

(Still one of my favorite avatars on here.:))

IDK, I think what we are talking about on the Guy thread is Guy related.:)

Seriously though, if you're considering a Tele Deluxe and are not a fan of heavy guitars, I'd say it's imperative that you actually try out the one you're going to buy, because the weight is fairly variable and some are extremely heavy. I've heard nothing but good things about the vintage reissue thinlines (I think Jonny's red one is actually a prototype of those.)

IDK, I think what we are talking about on the Guy thread is Guy related.:)

Seriously though, if you're considering a Tele Deluxe and are not a fan of heavy guitars, I'd say it's imperative that you actually try out the one you're going to buy, because the weight is fairly variable and some are extremely heavy. I've heard nothing but good things about the vintage reissue thinlines (I think Jonny's red one is actually a prototype of those.)

I never buy without trying, and I don't have much money, so if I actually do buy a Tele, you can bet I'll try every option before buying.:nod:

And yeah...we were, er, mostly on topic,lol. The whole 'fan vs. stalker' topic really should be its own thread though.

I never buy without trying, and I don't have much money, so if I actually do buy a Tele, you can bet I'll try every option before buying.:nod:

And yeah...we were, er, mostly on topic,lol. The whole 'fan vs. stalker' topic really should be its own thread though.

Ooh! I just thought of another cool option for you. What about a Tele JD. They're out of production, but they're are tons on the secondary market. They're probably one of the cheapest real Teles you can by, and they were made in Japan (which are where a lot of the best fenders came from.) Plus you'd still have the cache of playing the same thing as JB.:) They have a following that says they're the best tele ever made.

1236786235JD%20telecaster.jpg

May as well put this here, even though Jonny's not in it. There aren't many picture on the net with Matt McGinn in them.

The legendary Rock outfit known as 'Oldlay' ! (From 42's blog.:D

2mfzmg2.jpg

The guy in the center (which I guess is the one from Stiff Little Fingers, who are awesome BTW), could be Matty's twin.

You could cut it out and glue it to cardboard!:laugh3:

OK, THIS is what I quoted. The forum's doing it again,lol. But the other one is pretty funny once you realize it's an accident.

Take 2: How are the Fender JDs in terms of weight?

2ij6npt.jpg

33mreac.jpg

35221e0.jpg

316lmwp.jpg

35idf8z.jpg

EDIT: I have no idea why, but for some reason the look on his face in the bottom one totally reminds me of my orange cat,lol.

^ maybe because your cat has green eyes :D

I generally think that green eyes belong to cats only, so whenever I see someone with green eyes I think of cats :confused: quite childish I know :P

Now I am gonna take another look at the pics you posted before I go to sleep :nice:

OK, THIS is what I quoted. The forum's doing it again,lol. But the other one is pretty funny once you realize it's an accident.

Take 2: How are the Fender JDs in terms of weight?

2ij6npt.jpg

33mreac.jpg

35221e0.jpg

316lmwp.jpg

EDIT: I have no idea why, but for some reason the look on his face in the bottom one totally reminds me of my orange cat,lol.

I've never actually played one, but they're roughly the same as any MIJ tele. (so about 6-7 IBS)

^ maybe because your cat has green eyes :D

I generally think that green eyes belong to cats only, so whenever I see someone with green eyes I think of cats :confused: quite childish I know :P

Now I am gonna take another look at the pics you posted before I go to sleep :nice:

Actually, the orange cat has yellow eyes, but there's something about that facial expression that reminds me of him,lol. Might just be the red hair. But the cat gets this pensive look that reminds me of Jonny. God...that sounds odd!:lol:

^Got some feelers out at a couple of music stores just in case something turns up. Price is the issue for me, but people have been known to get lucky onKijiji too.:)

I wish I could find the one where they have the same expression,lol. Usually the orange one is more like Chris and the black and white more like Jonny. Any surprise they got caught on camera kissing?? :wink3:

1z3axwx.jpg

mvsunp.jpg

EDIT: Dies the girl in the second one know how lucky she is???:D

Actually, the orange cat has yellow eyes, but there's something about that facial expression that reminds me of him,lol. Might just be the red hair. But the cat gets this pensive look that reminds me of Jonny. God...that sounds odd!:lol:

^Got some feelers out at a couple of music stores just in case something turns up. Price is the issue for me, but people have been known to get lucky onKijiji too.:)

FWIW I've seen a few of them secondhand go for less than any real Fender made guitar, even the MIM ones with all their quality control issues. The whole reason they don't allow Japanese Fenders on the US market (EDIT: North American market, for you Canadians) anymore is that the quality at that pricepoint undercut everything else they could sell.