🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

[5-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Lollapalooza Festival, Chicago

Ebs757

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not getting a shirt (too late). But I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find other Coldplayers around.

Me too :P

maybe those of us without a shirt, should still wear a yellow bracelet or somthin?

but yea I think we will be able to find each other either way :D

So I was going to go to this and was excited to see fellow coldplayers there at another epic coldplay in the midwest concert... But I just realized that I have surgery that morning and I won't be able to make it :(

#fail

Good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Still hunting for a ticket, I think I may be hopelessly optimistic though.

I'm in StL as well! If you want we could try and find tickets and get up there, I'd have no problem at all but so far my luck with tickets has been terrible! I've literally had 2 slip out of my hands!

have you checked craigslist in chicago? I was looking, and I can't afford anything much (and now, I probably wouldn't be able to get off work either :( ) but if you're serious about getting up there, you might some luck with that, if you hadn't thought of it yet.

i'll just have to see them a few extra times (ie StL, Chitown, KC, etc lol) when they come state side for the tour :laugh3:

have you checked craigslist in chicago? I was looking, and I can't afford anything much (and now, I probably wouldn't be able to get off work either :( ) but if you're serious about getting up there, you might some luck with that, if you hadn't thought of it yet.

i'll just have to see them a few extra times (ie StL, Chitown, KC, etc lol) when they come state side for the tour :laugh3:

I've been refreshing the Lolla Facebook page all day at work (dual screen setup with one dedicated to THAT alone ha) and I have a few leads. It's all people who intended to go but now can't so most of them are going near face value. It's not until next Friday so I think I may just be able to find one on there with a little luck.

357650614.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1311821055&Signature=sEZo00jBxPb1Byy1M0WlLEjvRZ0%3D

WOOO!!! After several failed leads, I finally have a ticket for Friday! Can't wait to see the best damn band in the land and hopefully meet some Coldplayers! I'm sure I will since they'll probably be the only ones awesome enough to sit at the same stage all day in the hot sun to wait for one band to play ha ha

357650614.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1311821055&Signature=sEZo00jBxPb1Byy1M0WlLEjvRZ0%3D

WOOO!!! After several failed leads, I finally have a ticket for Friday! Can't wait to see the best damn band in the land and hopefully meet some Coldplayers! I'm sure I will since they'll probably be the only ones awesome enough to sit at the same stage all day in the hot sun to wait for one band to play ha ha

YAY, CONGRATS!!! :)

We actually don't know if Coldplay will be streamed. Festival streams happen all the time, yet you'd be surprised by how few headliners actually get shown on streams for U.S. festivals. I'd expect an announcement of all webcasted acts within a few days, of course. Can't wait to be in Chicago 6 days from now. :)

How about those of us who can, meet up at the Bean in Millenium Park on the

4th? Then we could go from there to find a spot to eat or something.

The Bean! :D

51vxtv.jpg

This was last year the day after Lollapalooza... with Nicole and Stefan :dance: (They're Coldplayers as many of you know and they're coming with me again this year)

I have some restaurant suggestions if any of you wish :thumbsup: ... I'll see if I can go to the meet-up, I don't know if I can though. Oh btw, Millenium Park is just down the street from Grant Park, the only thing in between the two parks is The Art Institute. You'll have no trouble finding it. In fact, I'm at Millenium Park in my picture on here :laugh3:

If anyone is going to be here for the three days or if you get here early Friday, definitely consider doing breakfast at the Bongo Room. Corner of Wabash and Roosevelt; you'll probably wait in line, but you most definitely won't regret it.

If anyone is going to be here for the three days or if you get here early Friday, definitely consider doing breakfast at the Bongo Room. Corner of Wabash and Roosevelt; you'll probably wait in line, but you most definitely won't regret it.

I'll be there Wednesday through Monday, so thanks for the suggestion, as that's just a few blocks from my hotel. I'm starting to do restaurant research. 3 different sushi bars within 2 blocks of my hotel is very good news. :D

I don't know how long it will take me to check in at hotel... hope I can do early check in. Anyway, shall I look for a bunch of blue shirts up front. I hope I can get through crowd to you guys. Is anyone making any banners?

OK, here's the weather report

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USIL0225

Looks like you will need a sheet of plastic or tablecloth waterproof kind and a plastic poncho. I think I read that handheld umbrellas are OK.

Definitely no early check-in (they all learned after the first year). You can dump your bags with concierge, though. I get in line around 3, and there's usually a decent line going already (but not terrible). Some just wait and check-in late, after the last show, so you'd be fine with that too.

I don't know how long it will take me to check in at hotel... hope I can do early check in. Anyway, shall I look for a bunch of blue shirts up front. I hope I can get through crowd to you guys. Is anyone making any banners?

Looks like you will need a sheet of plastic or tablecloth waterproof kind and a plastic poncho. I think I read that handheld umbrellas are OK.

What? Rain? Uuuugh no :( ! A bunch of umbrellas blocking my view will totally suck! Im already hella short :(

Oh and im hoping to go to xocos for breakfast, its mexican food and it was delicious when I went in march this year :)

Good call on the shirts. As this is my first concert as a legit "Coldplayer" I was wondering the same thing. What is the calling card of the Coldplayer?

As far as the weather, it's the midwest so it will change hourly. Case in point, now the ten day forecast says partly cloudy with a high of 83! I would be perfectly ok with that forecast :)

Good call on the shirts. As this is my first concert as a legit "Coldplayer" I was wondering the same thing. What is the calling card of the Coldplayer?

As far as the weather, it's the midwest so it will change hourly. Case in point, now the ten day forecast says partly cloudy with a high of 83! I would be perfectly ok with that forecast :)

I found out the hard way not to trust weather.com! lol