✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay sales Updates

Loki0012

I guess the promo is paying off here in the States, as MX is now #1 on iTunes again.

I don't doubt it. The band (but especially Chris) are getting really good buzz from this round of US promo, even from people that would usually be slagging them off.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, they need to do the same here. Chatty Man for example, maybe the Chris Moyles show

I think they're wrapping up their commitments over here soon, and they have about a month gap before their UK dates, so maybe they will do a bit.

MX is at no 7 in the Billboard charts right now and several sources are predicting it may go back up a couple place due to fairly weak offerings being released in weeks ahead. It's close to platinum in the states. Coupled with really strong demand for the UK stadium tickets,good news abounds for the boys.

so is MX considered a hit or not??

I'd think so. It's platinum in several countries, gold in several more, and sold over a million copies (closer to two). It may not be as big a hit as VLVADAAHF but, it's still doing pretty well all things considered.

I listened to BBC, Radio 1's weekly countdown of UK singles / downloads: Paradise was no. 13 (7 positions higher than last week) - and Mylo Xyloto was some positions up to no. 4.

In iTunes, Denmark's weekly countdown Paradise was some positions up to 13.

I wonder what the total sales are now.

It's hard to get really accurate information on this, but a few hits on my google search seem to indicate it's somewhere around 1.5-2 million worldwide. No idea how accurate that is but it seems feasible given the data we do have on various individual countries.

It's hard to get really accurate information on this, but a few hits on my google search seem to indicate it's somewhere around 1.5-2 million worldwide. No idea how accurate that is but it seems feasible given the data we do have on various individual countries.

Not bad. I hope they have a few more promotions lined up.