✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay sales Updates

Loki0012

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah its already certified but not yet reached 1 M since they just estimated it would reach 1 M anyway so they just certified it in advanced:cool:

I think the confusion here probably stems from two factors:

1. The article deadline may well have been awhile ago, while the platinum certification was fairly recent. They may have used the most recent figures they had available which may not have been the actual most recent figures

and

2. RIAA certifies releases on the basis of units shipped as opposed to units sold, so while Mylo Zyloto may have shipped a million units (and the label and the band have been paid for a million units), the album may not have actually sold that many. That said, I'm not aware of any organization that can track accurate album numbers besides the RIAA, so I'm not sure there's publicly available information on actual U.S. retail sales.

Paradise number 1 in the UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! About fricking time the UK had a decent song at the top of the charts. its amazing though, its been in the charts for 10 weeks lol, i dont understand why it only now just went to number 1 and not before but still wooop!

Odvan - I think u are forgetting a certain 21 album which has broken all records lol, but MX might be number 2 best selling of 2011.

Am I the only one that thinks Adele's 21 is seriously overrated? Don't get me wrong, the album is quite good, and I can appreciate that in a music industry dominated by dance and electronica, she was a breath of fresh air. But christ, enough with the heaps of praise already. It was not a masterpiece. Amy Winehouse's Back to Black was six years ago and it still shits on 21. Now that was a fine piece of work and worthy of all the accolades.

Am I the only one that thinks Adele's 21 is seriously overrated? Don't get me wrong, the album is quite good, and I can appreciate that in a music industry dominated by dance and electronica, she was a breath of fresh air. But christ, enough with the heaps of praise already. It was not a masterpiece. Amy Winehouse's Back to Black was six years ago and it still shits on 21. Now that was a fine piece of work and worthy of all the accolades.

I SECOND YOU!

Adele's voice is really beautiful, ok. But the songs... all of them about the same thing.

I dont have the same fun listening "Someone Like You" as I have with "Tears Dry On Their Own".

Back to Black is a masterpiece.

yeah its already certified but not yet reached 1 M since they just estimated it would reach 1 M anyway so they just certified it in advanced:cool:

It's not that .. Certifications aren't based on the actual sales , they are based on the shippments of the CD.

Mylo was certified platinum cause if it has sold 930k so far , it's clear that there are more than 60k MX copies in stores . The actual shippment must be like 1.2

Sometimes record labels think that the album will be huge and more successful and overship way too many copies. Let's say Britney's Spears Femme Fatale was certified platinum cause they shipped 1 million copies the first week. It still hasn't sold 800k