✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Fashion

Chloe_Martin

I think they look almost as ridiculous as you in your avatar.

OK then, how's about you write them a letter and tell them what to wear. I bet it would be something like 'Black shirt, black shorts, shoes, black makeup emo emo emo black black infinity ect ect'. And seriously what's with you always insulting people? Stop being such a [EDIT] nasty person.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we don't really have a say in Coldplay's fashion sense, but I feel like this time around, the whole vibe they're sending out doesn't seem to give priority to music, but to attract the current generation.

I think that coldplay need to talk to someone

WHO IS EXPERIENCED IN FASHION................. its still Viva look >.<

Parachutes..... normal clothes

a rush of blood..... still normal.....

x & y .......... all black............

Viva ........... colourful rainbows with patches .............. :P

and finally LP5 ..............is ..................ugh.....................all of them kinda mixed with UFOS!!!

OK then, how's about you write them a letter and tell them what to wear. I bet it would be something like 'Black shirt, black shorts, shoes, black makeup emo emo emo black black infinity ect ect'. And seriously what's with you always insulting people? Stop being such a dickhead.

It's too difficult to dress like normal people for god's sake ?

Take a look @ the guys from snow patrol, for example

c2fe4a0c-4155-4570-aee8-dbb0772394a3.jpg

OK then, how's about you write them a letter and tell them what to wear. I bet it would be something like 'Black shirt, black shorts, shoes, black makeup emo emo emo black black infinity ect ect'. And seriously what's with you always insulting people? Stop being such a dickhead.

Dont fucking call anyone a dickhead!!!

if you dont like what they are saying they y dont u KEEP IT TO URSELF!!!

Yeah!

Leave me alone.

That's really hurtful.

I don't have a dick on my head.

OK then! If you say you don't have a dick on your head I'll have to believe you! So I've changed it to 'nasty person' so people won't be too shocked.

Like somebody said in another thread: "....This whole idea of street art coming from a bunch of middle/upper-class middle aged men. Highly pretentious."

Trying to mix up different cultures to make cleavages disappear, pretentious? Heroic to me.

Trying to mix up different cultures to make cleavages disappear, pretentious? Heroic to me.

enlighten me please, which different cultures they are trying to mix ? :lol:

Guest howyousawtheworld
It's too difficult to dress like normal people for god's sake ?

Take a look @ the guys from snow patrol, for example

c2fe4a0c-4155-4570-aee8-dbb0772394a3.jpg

Snow Patrol don't really have any concepts/themes going around in their music though so they'd look ridiculous if they came out in certain costume with nothing to justify it. Coldplay do. Viva La Vida costumes were loosely based on French Revolutionary outfits fitting into the theme of the song Viva La Vida which as a song was central to the album's life and death theme.

U2 mocked pop culture and came out in ridiculous costumes during their Popmart tour. They mocked rock star lifestyle in Zoo Tv and came out looking ridiculous yet their music/tour justified it. They're very much following U2's idea. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing that's up to you. But I think Coldplay, like U2 in the 90s are big enough to try something different.

I'd hate it if all their tours were carbon copies of their previous tours with the same boring old black suits but with some different songs added to the setlist. That's not the way you preserve longevity in a music career.

And seriously grow up people. Calling people dick heads and screaming 'DON'T CALL ANYONE A DICK HEAD' and 'I haven't got a dick on my head'?

Dear God!

In the last Roadie Blog they are wearing normal clothes..

I still think they look cool... and its great to have a Theme on the album and with the clothes

I'd hate it if all their tours were carbon copies of their previous tours with the same boring old black suits but with some different songs added to the setlist. That's not the way you preserve longevity in a music career.

And seriously grow up people. Calling people dick heads and screaming 'DON'T CALL ANYONE A DICK HEAD' and 'I haven't got a dick on my head'?

Dear God!

Agree with Both things

I think this poll shows peoples real thoughts. There seems to be a lot of negative people around at the moment but the poll clearly shows that the majority like the change (myself included) so lets not let the haters get us down!

I think this poll shows peoples real thoughts. There seems to be a lot of negative people around at the moment but the poll clearly shows that the majority like the change (myself included) so lets not let the haters get us down!

true,too many negative people or haters around here

Guest howyousawtheworld

I don't think they're haters. They're just looking for a good time.

Considering the big amount of blind fangirls in this section of the forum, the results of the poll are not surprising.

And I'm still surprised people still think that disliking something about the band makes you a hater. Grow up people, no one is perfect not even your OMG THEY ARE SO GOOD band coldplay

Considering the big amount of blind fangirls in this section of the forum, the results of the poll are not surprising.

And I'm still surprised people still think that disliking something about the band makes you a hater. Grow up people, no one is perfect not even your OMG THEY ARE SO GOOD band coldplay

Hear hear

There's no reason to make some outfits for a tour if you are not madonna or lady gaga, why they don't dress "casual" like back in the days ? If i wanna see some weird outfits i go to the circus.

I disagree!

bands look is also important!!! They have to create the whole thing, because it's all new, I really like that they look is similar to the album meaning or style :D!! because they express all the concept :D!!!

I dont really know how to say it, but I like it this way, I think it is important... All is part of the idea that they want to transmit!!! The album colors, similar to the song lyrics, similar to the band's outfits, similar to the artworks and photo sessions! Everything new... All new

:)! it's great!

enlighten me please, which different cultures they are trying to mix ? :lol:

Oh well maybe 'culture' isn't the right word in english but... it's like the things they did with Jay-Z and Kanye West. I guess that a huge majority of people listening to Coldplay don't give a sh*t about hip hop, just think it s*cks, and won't ever try to listen to some of it. By making songs with them, they encourage people to look at those artists too. I feel like Coldplay is trying to open people's minds and curiosities about everything, and I can only applaud them for that.

I just totally disagree with people saying that Coldplay is pretentious. The band has defaults, but this one is so NOT one of them. I see what those people mean, I think I can understand why they think so, but I think the band is actually really all the opposite. Would a pretentious, snob band work with rappers, Girls Aloud, Beyonce, make covers of East 17?

I hope you see what I mean now ^^ I myself find my post quite pretentious, but it's the best way I've found to explain how I feel. I'd really like some feedback on it, good or bad - just let me know what you think about all this. :)