✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Has Your Opinions changed or stayed upon hearing some of the LP5?

Loki0012

Has Your Opinions changed or stayed upon hearing the rest of the album? Just streamed Youtube and the new songs sound very very promising 'Us against the world' is abit AROBTTH era type - it just feels so good to be back from that time of just strumming and guitar and empty sound

and their are the arena types - ETIAW - fun song to just shake off the nerves - despite some lyical simplicity its got a great vibe and melody as a song, its just spells out POSITIVITY which is why so many people love it because it just gives you hope and positivity esp. in todays world

Charlie Brown - need to listen to this in studio version the LIVE version i just cant get the sound of it

Major Minus :stunned: - what a dark scary song right from the start, seems like an awesome concept, great great melody, love jonny's guitar skiills that ive never heard yet from this song

Hurts Like Heaven - jonny guitar intro reminds me of yet again AOBTTH era, this is fast paced, aggressive ubt still still need to have the studio version cant judge it by the Youtube video its blurry sounding.'

well that s all for it sofar - now im very positive about the new album and looking forward to it!

what you guys think?

omg yes!! Its encouraging! I hope they don't include Every Teardrop In that album.. and its just a b side prospekt march kinda release...Its so much more poppy than the rest I have heard!

i think its a song which just makes people dance during concerts or tours but i still love it

major minus is amazing

i think its a song which just makes people dance during concerts or tours but i still love it

major minus is amazing

yes major minus is perfect! When i first listened this song I really really loved it. especially o-o-o- part :D

LP5 sounds really good and reminds me old days of Coldplay which I loved most. Hopefully they play more new songs in other concerts :D

the new 5 songs are very good I love them, but not ETIAW at all I hate it so much

your not the only one, it seriously not just saying this but it gives me a major headache when i hear that song, i about cried when i heard it, it was soooo bad :embarrassed:

Totally! I thought ETIAW was ok but I was a little concerned about the direction Coldplay seemed to be taking with the new album. The new songs however have completely changed my mind, I think the new album is going in a excellent direction!

Totally! I thought ETIAW was ok but I was a little concerned about the direction Coldplay seemed to be taking with the new album. The new songs however have completely changed my mind, I think the new album is going in a excellent direction!

yeah i agree..i mean im completely in loveeee with the new songs, cant get them out of my head but when i think of ETIAW i just think of Rebecca Blacks-Friday...BUT!! if ETIAW is NOT on the ALbum and ON the B-Sides...I will forgive coldplay :lol:

yeah i agree..i mean im completely in loveeee with the new songs, cant get them out of my head but when i think of ETIAW i just think of Rebecca Blacks-Friday...BUT!! if ETIAW is NOT on the ALbum and ON the B-Sides...I will forgive coldplay :lol:

no ETIAW is not that bad, yeah i know the lyrics are simple but the melody is just great and the vibe of the song is just positive with a coldplay twist. Its just a pefect song to start with for me

I've not listened the other songs, just because I don't want to be impatient and I will wait until I can listen them in the album, but I'm happy to read other opinions that says that the other ones are more acoustic and darker, and even a bit of the style of AROBTTH, which is my favourite! I hope that this is really true.

The first time I heard Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall I was a bit worried. The beginning started out with no guitar and didn't sound like them. Once Jonny came in though and I heard the rest I knew LP5 would be good. The other songs are just as amazing. I can't wait!

edit: ^ that too

not really. three generic live recordings do not an album make.

Misleading thread title alert. Five new live recordings is not "the rest of the album". Well I really hope not anyway. That would be a new low for Coldplay.

what album?

THESE!

• 2 weeks later...

I might cause a huge upset here, but im gonna give my honest opinion on the songs ive heard

And im disappointed! I thought they would step away from that jingly jangly melodies etc

my mind might change when i hear the studio version, but its not looking good!

Does anyone feel its too much like viva and they needed to step into a different direction and stepped into the wrong one?