✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How do you be a comma and not a full stop

or hu Ha ! HuHa! Hu ha Huha! combat disco music !!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ruEx79DB3I]YouTube - ‪Apparatjik - Combat Disco Music (single)‬‏[/ame]

for me that's a point to life and no comma is because have many commas strong unknown

pissed off this voice of girl in beginine flasque

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe it just rhymed with "Don't wanna see another generation drop" :)

I don't see the logic in that. If you're going to write a song with the intention of rhyming, you should write something that fits with the song. Rhyming lines just for the sake of the rhyme is silly.

I feel like this is one of the only somewhat respectable lines in the song, in my opinion (but before anyone jumps down my throat, besides the lyrics and the title, I really like the song, OK). It definitely seems to have more thought in it than some of the other lyrics, or maybe it just comes through to me better on that line. I took it to mean that he'd rather be a facilitator than someone who just ends things, like a party-pooper or something :lol:. Like a comma is a functional part of a sentence that helps it flow, while a full stop or period just ends it. But I think the only reason I bothered to put any thought into that line is because the rest are so utterly bad :P

This made more sense in my head, but I guess a full stop gets more attention than a comma, which is simply passed over as another part of a sentence. The narrator doesn't mind being passed over without recieving any attention, as long as the "sentence" (ideas/beliefs of a movement?) can continue on. I don't know. I feel like this is one of the few lyrics within the song that could be debated, making it one of the only good ones. The other one being "maybe I'm in the gap between the two trapezes." I also like the imagery in "cathedrals in my heart," no matter how cheesy it is.

I feel that this song has something to do with the joy of protesting something and being recognized, even in a negative way. Many people would gladly spend a night in jail if it means getting their beliefs across. This song brings to mind protests against racism/war/for educational reform. People would get beaten up, humiliated, and degraded by authorities, but they wouldn't have it any other way. I think this song says that in the joy of that moment, everything seems larger than life. Every (police) siren is a symphony, and every teardrop (of physical pain, perhaps caused by a beating from security?) is a beautiful waterfall.

"You can hurt me bad, but still I'll raise the flag."

I don't know. My head is a messy place, make of this what you will.

Why ridicule with a another stupid thread. Ok haha you've turned comma into coma give yourself a medal and get a life

I'm actually discussing the lyrics to Coldplay's latest song. I don't think it is stupid to analyze a song by a band that this forum is named after.