✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How do you be a comma and not a full stop

I was thinking about this for a good 40 minutes today.

My only conclusion was that Chris Martin would rather be in a comma than die. He would rather be kept alive by machines than have the plug pulled.

Any other theories?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only conclusion was that Chris Martin would rather be in a comma than die. He would rather be kept alive by machines than have the plug pulled.

Any other theories?

I have a theory....you're thinking about it way too much for someone who supposedly doesn't like the band anymore? How's that am I close?

Your posts are getting really annoying btw...

Well, I think ETIAW is about enjoying life despite its struggles. So, taking that into account, being a comma and not a full stop means that he might fall down at times but he'll always get back up and keep going.:)

I have a theory....you're thinking about it way too much for someone who supposedly doesn't like the band anymore? How's that am I close?

Your posts are getting really annoying btw...

I have a job where I do a repetitive task all day so I start thinking about things like this.

Also, I think you are putting words in my mouth by saying I don't like Coldplay anywhere. Nowhere have I ever said that.

I'm sorry for annoying you, I'm Briggins. Who are you?

Well, I think ETIAW is about enjoying life despite its struggles. So, taking that into account, being a comma and not a full stop means that he might fall down at times but he'll always get back up and keep going.:)

Interesting, sort of the don't let the bastards grind you down approach.

Any other theories?

Yeah maybe he just wants to live forever but there's already a famous song with that name

I have a job where I do a repetitive task all day so I start thinking about things like this.

Also, I think you are putting words in my mouth by saying I don't like Coldplay anywhere. Nowhere have I ever said that.

I'm sorry for annoying you, I'm Briggins. Who are you?

I'm a guy who thinks that if you truly respect the band members you wouldn't criticize and ridicule them with ridiculous posts. I'm pretty certain these forums are read by members of the Coldplay team. Constructive criticism is just fine, you don't like the song... I get it...but constant ridicule isn't constructive.

I'm sorry your job is trite and pointless. The world awaits your superior songwriting ability with pure anticipation....

I'm a guy who thinks that if you truly respect the band members you wouldn't criticize and ridicule them with ridiculous posts. I'm pretty certain these forums are read by members of the Coldplay team. Constructive criticism is just fine, you don't like the song... I get it...but constant ridicule isn't constructive.

I'm sorry your job is trite and pointless. The world awaits your superior songwriting ability with pure anticipation....

+1111111111

I'm pretty sure if members of the band were to read a thread like this they would get a kick out of it.

I don't know if you've noticed, but the boys like to have a fun and get a kick out of silly things.

I'm not even ridiculing the song. And I haven't constantly ridiculed the song. I don't know where you are getting this idea from.

A full stop is a period. He'd rather be a , than a .

Commas are just a short pause and then everything will continue again, a period means it's over. (obviously) So he'd rather take a break and keep going rather than completely stopping.

I'm pretty sure if members of the band were to read a thread like this they would get a kick out of it.

I don't know if you've noticed, but the boys like to have a fun and get a kick out of silly things.

I'm not even ridiculing the song. And I haven't constantly ridiculed the song. I don't know where you are getting this idea from.

I get that from all your posts on this forum...I'm sure many agree. Silly is great in moderation. In excess its just annoying...

Maybe being a comma is like allowing for a continuation of a sentence, breathing more life into it and keeping it going, whereas obviously a full stop just ends it. A comma provides the opportunity for development and flourishing, rather than cessation.

Or maybe i'm thinking about it too much :D

But when i actually thought about the line, it certainly became less cheesy...