How do you be a comma and not a full stop

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the hardest part

Was letting go, not taking part

Was the hardest part

Lesson: sometimes you don't need more then one word to rhyme.

Coldplaying songwriting efficiency at it's best.

The Hardest Part is better?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tp0r9197uo]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - The Hardest Part‬‏[/ame]

A so-called "lost generation" is a common phrase, most often associated with those growing up during/after WWI. Given Martin's interest in the children of Nazi Germany, "I don't want to see another generation drop" probably means that he doesn't want to see another generation erased/forgotten/etc.

In other words, nonsensical trash!

I don't think the lyrics are as silly or crappy as everyone is making them out to be.

The lyrics mean he would rather sacrifice himself and allow the cause (anything can be the cause) to continue than be silent and afraid to speak out against injustice (full stop).

It's creative and quirky.

PLEASE OPEN YOUR MIND.

The lyrics mean he would rather sacrifice himself and allow the cause (anything can be the cause) to continue than be silent and afraid to speak out against injustice (full stop).

It's creative and quirky.

PLEASE OPEN YOUR MIND.

You can't possibly know that. Yeah, it's your interpretation, which is fine, but you can't say that's precisely what it means unless you went and had a discussion with Chris Martin about what he meant by that, and I really don't think that situation is plausible at all.

I'm a guy who thinks that if you truly respect the band members you wouldn't criticize and ridicule them with ridiculous posts. I'm pretty certain these forums are read by members of the Coldplay team. Constructive criticism is just fine, you don't like the song... I get it...but constant ridicule isn't constructive.

I'm sorry your job is trite and pointless. The world awaits your superior songwriting ability with pure anticipation....

oh give it a rest. Briggins is cool.