โœจ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR โœจ

Major Minus Media?

iPsy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it could be a play on word's and be a name. Major is a military rank, and also means "the dominant, or bigger, thing" while minus (-) refers to making something negative. So they're sort of opposites, but I think it's a name, like Sgt. Pepper.

I really like how it sounds! And it all makes sense!:D But I still don't know how they will relate this to UFO's and graffiti :shrug:

I dont know about the UFOยดs, but the graffiti could be some sort of representation of the revolution/rebel forces that want stop with the media hipnosis?:confused:

I dont know about the UFOยดs, but the graffiti could be some sort of representation of the revolution/rebel forces that want stop with the media hipnosis?:confused:

ย 

That's exactly it. Like the White Rose Movement.

i thought of this just now, too!

ย 

so, Major Minus Media could be some sort of underground/resistance radio communication system, eh? :wacko:

Thatยดs it!

ย 

And another thing that makes me think that this is the albumยดs title is the eye theme all over the boys chlotes, that relates to Major Mediaยดs lyrics

Well it could be a play on word's and be a name. Major is a military rank, and also means "the dominant, or bigger, thing" while minus (-) refers to making something negative. So they're sort of opposites, but I think it's a name, like Sgt. Pepper.

ย 

I was on to something like that too...also if you guys listen to the lyrics Chris says "You got one eye watching what do" , "don't believe the word its just us against the world" it can have double meaning as in perhaps being against the media and extra- terrestial beings?

Yes indeed! We'd freak out about every tiny word that appeard on some coverart! :laugh3:

ย 

yes :lol: but I don't know, it seems to me that lp5 is still far away, you know? :( I mean, they already played some new songs but we still don't know nothing about the tracklist or the album title, or when it's coming out :\ I hope we'll get some news soon!

I also thought Major Minus might mean "a big, huge negative thing", as has been stated here. I also like the military rank interpretation. I like all of this, all of these speculations. I wish there was some kind of way the Major Minus Media could brainwash me so it would appear as if ETIAW never existed... Yeah, all this has got me excited again.

ย 

I'd like to add that the lyric "Us against the world" in the title track (we can safely say now, although you never know), which is also a song title, could refer to the White Rose Movement.

ย 

It all makes sense... Or maybe it doesn't, and it's all just a coincidence and it all means nothing, and tomorrow we will wake up and it has all been just a dream... :dizzy::dizzy2::wacko:

ย 

Oh ok ok, this was my first thought this morning, but the wordreference vocabulary didn't report any translation in Italian about the military rank, so I rejected this idea :D thinking I was inventing new words hehehehe :D

ย 

So if you confirm the opinion about a military subject this wiki page tells us something more about this theory

ย 

http://www.wikicoldplay.com/Major_Minus

I think that it isn't the title of the album mainly because during one of the new songs we can see a big M followed by xylobrytes in the back so i think this is part of the title like micro xylobrytes or something like that!

"Xylo" for xylophone which you can hear at the beginning of hurts like heaven and brytes maybefor an english word i don't know or smth else! :D