✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Major Minus Media?

iPsy

Forgive me if this has been posted, but, in this picture, there is the communications tower/mast which has been on the website and then three words underneath. The last word is almost definetely Media I think, so that would in with communications...

Maybe the album is about brain washing through the media...this would fit with hypnosis, sleep, strange things like the walking man, spirals...etc.

And Major Minus is already a track title...are they the first two words?

Discuss?

cdf3c7d5997e532687038523a44fe283.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, now I think I'm right about some of the themes of the new album!: Transmissions...

On their website they have a section called 'Live TRANSMISSIONS', over that is a UFO...UFO's intercepting the transmissions...alien radio...hypnosis...swirls....it's all making sense!

Nice catch!

All this talking about tranmissions, media, Chris wanting to do what he wants and not what others want him to do... is it normal that it really reminds me of U2's Achtung Baby and especially the corresponding, subsequent ZooTV tour?

Edit: from Wikipedia's article on the ZooTv tour: the Zoo TV stage was a complex setup, designed to instill "sensory overload" in its audience. The set's giant video screens showed not only close-ups of the band members performing, but also pre-recorded video, live television transmissions (intercepted by a satellite the group brought on tour), and text phrases. Electronic, tabloid-style headlines ran on scrawls at the ends of the stage. The band's embracing of such technology was meant as a radical departure in form, and as a commentary on the pervasive nature of technology. This led many critics to describe the show as "ironic".

That's what I'm sort of being reminded of... Obviously Coldplay can't copy U2 and do a ZooTv 2, but, perhaps with Eno's influence, I think the next Coldplay tour is gonna be a "tour de force".

ohohoh that's great your eyes have seen things I didin't notice :D

I don't thik major minus will be the title of the new album, but surely has something to do with the concept of the album.

What does exactly mean "major minus"?? which is a possible translation? maybe "less imporant"? please tell me because I don't know :(

ohohoh that's great your eyes have seen things I didin't notice :D

I don't thik major minus will be the title of the new album, but surely has something to do with the concept of the album.

What does exactly mean "major minus"?? which is a possible translation? maybe "less imporant"? please tell me because I don't know :(

I wondered myself the same question yesterday, and then today I've asked it to my english teacher, but even her don't know what does it exactly mean. I think that it's something like "less important" too as you, but in some places I've seen this words in other contexts and seemed to be something like "negative data". I'm not sure at all! So it would be nice if somebody can help us.

I wondered myself the same question yesterday, and then today I've asked it to my english teacher, but even her don't know what does it exactly mean. I think that it's something like "less important" too as you, but in some places I've seen this words in other contexts and seemed to be something like "negative data". I'm not sure at all! So it would be nice if somebody can help us.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this kind of doubt :D

Musically speaking Major is referred to notes and mathematically speaking Minus is referred to a sign. Togheter I still don't know.....Ok we need a coldplaying member from England or Us!!! :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this kind of doubt :D

Musically speaking Major is referred to notes and mathematically speaking Minus is referred to a sign. Togheter I still don't know.....Ok we need a coldplaying member from England or Us!!! :D

:o Oh right! I just thought of Major being 'huge', but it's also music-related of course!

And Minus could mean something negative, don't you think? Like a downside to something. Just like you can say 'that's a plus', you could maybe say 'that's a minus' ?? :thinking:

Yeah we need a native speaker. ;)

So, for sure there's a lot of meaning to this title. I wouldn't mind LP5 being called Major Minus. :D