✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Major Minus Media?

iPsy

Well it could be a play on word's and be a name. Major is a military rank, and also means "the dominant, or bigger, thing" while minus (-) refers to making something negative. So they're sort of opposites, but I think it's a name, like Sgt. Pepper.

Yeah and the album is going to deal with "life. the good things and the bad things." Consequently the album will be shaped by a huge difference in character and setting of the songs.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and the album is going to deal with "life. the good things and the bad things." Consequently the album will be shaped by a huge difference in character and setting of the songs.

OMG, I've just remembered that Chris said that one of the things the new album will be about is "working for someone you don’t like.” If it's true, every time is having more sense.

I think Major Minus is an awesome song. All of the new ones I feel are consequently, and that one title is up there. Not quite as good as Charlie Brown or Hurts like Heaven though. ;D for me anyway.

I'd love it if that was the title of the new album! I'm not completely sure why though. I like the double M's, the balance of 5 letters in each word, and just the originality of it. All great things. :] And how they always name the album after a song. Epic. But Major Minus could mean many different things. The upbeat vibe of the new songs reminds me of the major scale, which tends to make a bright or joyous melody. Didn't locust say something about the title relating to music in one of the past threads? I remember it vividly. Anyway, it could also more simply mean something significant. Which leads me to believe the title could translate to something like having a significant disadvantage in life. Last idea? Just the guys using juxtaposition again to highlight the disparity between things, people or situations as previously noted.

It makes total sense, guys. I mean, this goodthings/bad things in life its not exactly a new theme... Remember Viva la Vida or Death and all his friends?

And this mix of good and bad is everywhere in the lyrics of the new songs.

I love all this theories and speculations :D though the interpretation ofMajor Minus I have made is not media-related.

I always felt this was the "grown-up" version of Spies, with this constant terror of being controlled and manipulated by someone else, with this constant feeling of suspicion, isolation and disconnection from the outside world...sort of a paranoid attitude.

I remember Chris said the new album was about OCD, too, so maybe there could be some connection, too?

Also Oxfam logos. I like. Or am I seeing that wrong?

I'm not really sure what those are. They look sort of like Oxfam logos, but slightly different. It either looks like a stick figure with a huge head, or a sideways OK

I'll go for "media xylobrytes" for the title of the album because during princess of china in the background we can see a big M followed by xylobrytes!

That would be a plain horrible album title. How do you pronounce that word? Does it mean anything?

That would be a plain horrible album title. How do you pronounce that word? Does it mean anything?

A xylobryte is a combination xylophone and Lite-Brite light box!:)

Actually, it doesn't mean anything and it's not an actual word. I don't think M-Xylobrytes will be the album title.

MX

I think that it isn't the title of the album mainly because during one of the new songs we can see a big M followed by xylobrytes in the back so i think this is part of the title like micro xylobrytes or something like that!

"Xylo" for xylophone which you can hear at the beginning of hurts like heaven and brytes maybefor an english word i don't know or smth else! :D

I'm glad someone noticed that! It's in one of the videos of "Princess of China" on the screen in the background as the artwork passes by (around the 2:06 mark).

I'll go for "media xylobrytes" for the title of the album because during princess of china in the background we can see a big M followed by xylobrytes!

I saw that too! But I hope that's not the album title, it's horrible. I prefer Major Minus

I've been thinking about that ankh too, but at first I thought it was an Oxfam logo. I'm a bit disappointed that it's not :p

Well I don't think it's an ankh...if you rotate it, it reads as CK, which might just be a reference to a song like Car Kids (which he also has written in full on the back of his light blue shirt)

Capture.png

CarkidsPNG.png