✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP5 to be released on July 1?!?!

arschpoeler

I don't know if anybody has listened to the German radiostation Einslive recently but two days ago, they mentioned that LP5 was going to be released on July 1. On their website, the following article appeared:

Coldplay: "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall"

Lang erwartet und schon von Chris Martin vor langer Zeit angekündigt, ist nun das neue Coldplay-Album endlich fertig. Damit feierten die Band am vergangenen Wochenende bei Rock am Ring und Rock im Park eine große "Wir Sind Wieder Da"-Party. Mit dabei hatten sie auch die erste Single aus dem neuen Album. "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" ist eine absolut positive Gute-Laune-Nummer, die vom Sound stark an die Songs des letzten Albums "Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends" erinnert.

Der Sound also ähnlich, aber die Optik der Band hat sich geändert. Liefen Coldplay zum letzten Album noch in bunten Armee-Jacken rum, wird nun auf den Graffiti-Style gesetzt. Auch das Cover zur neuen Single ist im Grunde ein Graffiti. Chris Martin erklärte in einem Interview, wie es dazu kam: "Die Idee habe ich aus der Graffiti-Szene des New York der 90er-Jahre geklaut. Es geht darum, frei und man selbst zu sein – egal, ob man negative Einflüsse um sich herum hat. Graffiti heißt sprechen und einer Leidenschaft folgen – auch wenn alle dagegen sind." Die neue Single "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" ist ab jetzt im Handel erhältlich, das noch namenlose neue Album erscheint dann im Juli. Außerdem sind Coldplay im Sommer auf vielen Festivals zu sehen.

At the very end, it says that the new album is going to be released in July. (source: http://www.einslive.de/musik/neu_fuer_den_sektor)

Yesterday, I sent them an email asking how accurate this information was and this was their response:

Generell ist es natürlich unser Bestreben, nur Informationen weiterzugeben,

die auch der Wahrheit entsprechen. Somit ist auch die Aussage, dass das

neue Coldplay-Album schon im Juli erscheint, durchaus verlässlich. Unsere

Informationen erhalten wir größtenteils durch das Management selbst oder

Pressemitteilungen. Sie stammen also ebenfalls aus sehr verlässlichen

Quellen.

Basically it says that they only use information from very reliable sources and that this information likely comes from press releases or directly from the management, so it is very reliable.

Could it be that LP5 is already going to be released 3 weeks from today and that we don't have to wait until October??? :):)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be awesome!

But unlikely. I think August/September would be more realistic.

I know Radiohead does that kind of "OMG OUR ALBUM IS OUT FRIDAY EVEN THOUGH WE'VE BEEN MIA FOR 5 YEARS" a la "King of Limbs" but that's because they're on their own label and can do whatever the fuck they want.

Coldplay's EMI sure as hell wouldn't let that fly, especially when Coldplay is such a huge act for them. They would demand a hell of a lot of promotion.

Although I guess we can all dream...

:thinking2:

I speak some German. All it says is that it will be "commercially available in July," I believe. Which anyway is good news, but coming from a radio station in Germany it's not super reliable.

Do we have any real German speakers out there? I just took a few German classes.

Hopefully it's true though! Upon Googling every variation of "Coldplay July 1" all I really found was this thread of Coldplaying and the original source.

Where do you get July 1 from?

I was surprised myself by this piece of information, too. They said "July 1" on air two days ago. In the article it only says that it will be released in July but it doesn't give the specific date.

Usually Einslive is pretty good about having accurate and the latest information. They have already organized two secret shows for Coldplay (in 2002 and 2005) and Chris has already been on air a couple of times to promote the albums...

I just thought I'd share it with you guys but of course I don't know whether this information is true. :)

Oh I don´t want to let myself dream away that it might be released on July 1....disappointment would sting! I sadly also stand by a release date in the Fall, however an early release date in the summer would be an amazing surprise.

I was surprised myself by this piece of information, too. They said "July 1" on air two days ago. In the article it only says that it will be released in July but it doesn't give the specific date.

Usually Einslive is pretty good about having accurate and the latest information. They have already organized two secret shows for Coldplay (in 2002 and 2005) and Chris has already been on air a couple of times to promote the albums...

I just thought I'd share it with you guys but of course I don't know whether this information is true. :)

If it turns out to be true, I WILL poop my pants.

English translation (courtesy of google translator. Not the most accurate, but effective)

Long awaited and already Chris Martin announced long ago, is now the

New Coldplay album finally ready. Thus, the band celebrated last

Weekend at Rock am Ring and Rock im Park is a large "We're back '-

Party. With this they also had the first single from the new album. "Every

Teardrop Is A Waterfall "is an absolutely positive feel-good number of

Sound very similar to the songs of the last album "Viva La Vida Or Death And All His

Friends remembered ".

The sound that is similar, but the look of the band has changed. Ran Coldplay

the last album even in bright army jackets around, is now on the Graffiti-Style

set. Even the cover of the new single is actually a graffiti. Chris Martin

said in an interview how it came about: "The idea I had from the graffiti-

Scene of New York of stealing 90s. The idea is to free oneself and

be - whether it has negative influences around them. Graffiti is talking

and follow a passion -. even if all of it, "the new single

"Everybody Is A Teardrop Waterfall" is now available in stores, which still

nameless new album will be in July. Coldplay are also in summer

many festivals.

Generally, it is of course our desire to only pass on information

also true. Thus the statement that the

New Coldplay album in July, appears quite reliable. Our

Information we obtained largely through the management or be

Press releases. They are therefore also very reliable

Sources.

My 2 cents: anything is possible, look at what radiohead did with king of limbs - announced it days before its release.

Guest kmm1482

This information is DEAD wrong!!! As per the bands messages about still working on the album as of RIGHT NOW, almost NO promotion yet. Whoever believes this is an idiot.

Releasing the weekend after Glastonbury? But before a large quantity of other festivals? Slightly dubious in my mind.

And July 1st is a Friday... Which Coldplay have just shown, they won't do (delaying ETIAW in the UK to ensure their sales all tally for this week for the charts).

EMI also wouldn't let this happen I'd say

Guest kmm1482
English translation (courtesy of google translator. Not the most accurate, but effective)

My 2 cents: anything is possible, look at what radiohead did with king of limbs - announced it days before its release.

Radiohead did that because they don't have a label to tell them how much promotion needs to be done before a release.

Nah, not buying it.

Like it's been said they're in the middle of a festival circuit, there's no way EMI would let them release an album when they weren't able to to promote it properly.

Plus according to yesterday's blog they're still working on songs

R#42 and Debs said the tracklisting isn't finalised yet (as I suspected, they're testing song during festivals and see which will make the cut afterwards). PLUS, in his last blog, Miller said they were still writing! So I doubt it will be out on 1rst of July (time to press and CDs and stuff?!)....wait & see but I think it will be between end of august->october.

I dunno. I'm thinking more of a winter release, maybe even a Spring release sadly :c

I mean, who KNOWS how long it could take them to finish a song :c Besides, I don't want it to be rushed...Especially after this last song. Which sadly, I can't stand. So if it's anything like the new song, give them as much time as they need to make sure they don't make a whole ALBUM like that :c