✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP5 to be released on July 1?!?!

arschpoeler

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think early August release is possible. After all, they're only in the studio to finish ONE new song (all others seem to be finished) - perhaps that's what Oracle was referring to when he/she said it was almost finished. It's possible the songs are already getting mastered and the final tracklisting is basically done, with some space left to include the new song.

Anyway, this is the first site that's actually said something definite about the release of the album even if it's speculation + the band already have the new look onstage so it can't be much longer now...

All I can say is that we shouldn't base our opinions of when the album will come out based on R#42 and Oracle statements. They purposely word things weirdly to make us think things that aren't necessarily true. Like how the Oracle made everybody believe that no new songs will be played at the festivals without ever saying that...

Even once an album is finished, there's usually a span of 2-3 months before its release to allow time for promotion.

But didn't they say earlier that they wanted to release the new album without so much fanfare?

All I can say is that we shouldn't base our opinions of when the album will come out based on R#42 and Oracle statements. They purposely word things weirdly to make us think things that aren't necessarily true. Like how the Oracle made everybody believe that no new songs will be played at the festivals without ever saying that...

This for sure. I think we won't know find out anything from the band itself 'til we get an announcement and maybe some teasers a few days before, like happened with ETIAW. Coldplay are already a huge act, and they don't need to go to such lengths to promote it. I'm just guessing here, but I think it may be sooner than we expect. Nothing wrong with a little optimism.

July 1st...hmm pretty bold but if MX (Roman for 1010 would mean 10.10.11 = 10th October)

They dont have much time between the last Concert and the Day it probably drops (2 days)

and i dont think they have time to Work on the Album in the Days between the Concerts.

That would mean the Album is good as Ready to shoot the Stores.

Edit: just noticed they have time Between them in the Days after the August Concerts

I've read a lot of people saying this information is bullshit because The Oracle has said they haven't finished working on the album yet. This reminds me of when Bloc Party claimed they were still hard at work on their third album and it wouldn't be released until the end of the year. A week later they dropped Intimacy, for download off their website. They've then admitted in several interviews since that they intentionally "lied through their teeth" in order to mislead the fans.

I'm not saying that's what's going to happen here. It most probably wont. But I'm saying we shouldn't rule it out completely as a possibility.

Another german website also says, that the album will release in July (there is no accurate date):

http://musiktipps24.com/coldplay-die-brandneue-single-every-teardrop-is-a-waterfall-inkl-songtext-und-video/

But I dont't know if they just took the information from the radio station. Each way I belive that they are right. EinsLive is the biggest german radio station and normaly they are a very reliable source.

As arschpoeler sad, EinsLive even organized shows for Coldplay and Chris Martin has been on air.;) So I can imagine, that they have good connections to the managment or EMI music.;)

Edit: The website answered that they took the release month from the Einslive news...

• 2 weeks later...
http://coldplay.com/live.php

Theres over a month gap after August 5th, which is their last show until September 16th. I'm with everyone who thinks it's gonna come out in August.

i definitely agree. Chris also said in an interview on the 30th of june that he thinks the album will be finished in two weeks and then around 4 weeks later they'll release the name of the album.

i definitely agree. Chris also said in an interview on the 30th of june that he thinks the album will be finished in two weeks and then around 4 weeks later they'll release the name of the album.

Wasn't it 6 weeks for the tracklisting? Either way the sooner the better :)