✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-July-2011] iTunes Festival, Roundhouse, London, UK

Jenjie

It seems to be very easy for people to come to the UK for Coldplay gigs... I've seen the evidence of that! People are willing to spend their money on Coldplay and travelling, no problems at all... and its their money to spend, no one is forcing them.

Lost count of the number of gigs (CP and not CP) I've been to in England, where the front of the queues are taken up by huge groups of people from other countries. Sure, everyone is free to queue and be at the front and I have lots of friends from other countries, but sometimes it feels that English gigs are taken over as 'international' gigs which is fine when its somewhere big at Wembley but when it's a very small gig with not a lot of room, sometimes it's a bit annoying. This is just my personal point of view though, doesn't mean its right :)

Just because the gig is in the UK, it doesn't mean it is not an "international gig" if such a thing even exists at all! ... Every gig is free to everyone, simple. If anything, we are so so lucky to be in the one country which Coldplay generally favour, because we save lots of time, effort and a huge amount of money, from not having to travel very far! .... I'm prretty happy with the current set-up, and nobody is complaining too much that it is UK-only, because there are hardly any tickets for this gig anyway! :o

Just apply, and hope you get lucky, at least this time you won't be able to blame foreigners anyway ;)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I see I've been made public enemy number one... just for stating what I believe has sometimes been on some English fans minds and now I've offended you. It's probably best not to state what is really on your mind in a Coldplay forum.

I have read your point of view and do take your point about the fact that if you want to go to some smaller gigs you have to go to England it seems, although the band have done some smaller gigs and radio appearances in other places too, when VLV came out.

Anna, if I knew I was going to offend and upset you so much, I wouldn't have bothered writing anything.

Ok, I see I've been made public enemy number one... just for stating what I believe has sometimes been on some English fans minds and now I've offended you. It's probably best not to state what is really on your mind in a Coldplay forum.

I have read your point of view and do take your point about the fact that if you want to go to some smaller gigs you have to go to England it seems, although the band have done some smaller gigs and radio appearances in other places too, when VLV came out.

Anna, if I knew I was going to offend and upset you so much, I wouldn't have bothered writing anything.

I don't think you were wrong to write what you did... but then again I am English!

:laugh3:

No, you have not been made public enemy number one, don't overreact. Yes, I felt slightly offended but that doesn't mean I don't think you have a right to voice your opinion! (As I voiced mine as well).

Please, do continue to express your opinion, it's what the board is for - you can't help stepping on a few toes sometimes.

EDIT: I decided to remove the end of my post since I, when rereading it, found I actually didn't mean it.

I'm personally fed up of Coldplay showcasing new songs in Europe and USA and not England WHERE THEY ARE FROM. The viva tour they played in the US for ages until they came to the UK. (i dont count the brixton gig as that was a 1 off, they toured all over US before coming to England). I am happy that it is only for UK residents as far too many times I have heard of friends not being able to get tickets because everyone in the world tries to get tickets for coldplay!

I got the impression from the t&c's that you if win tickets for one event they'll take you out of the running for all other events you've applied for.

4. How You Win. The winners of the Prizes will be decided by a series of random, computer-generated selections from the entries received during the relevant Promotion Period. From May 2011 until the end of the relevant Promotion Period, once per fortnight, an equal number of winners will be drawn from the pool of entries so far received for that Prize at that date (i.e. if this were a 10 week promotion for 100 prizes, 20 winners would be drawn per fortnight). However, if the number of Prizes is increased at any point during the Promotion Period, the number of winners drawn per fortnight will be increased accordingly from that point. Entries which are not selected will remain in the pool, and will be included in the draw for the same Prize the following fortnight. The final draw will take place no later than the day after the end of the Promotion Period for the concert in question (although this final selection date may be modified by an announcement by the Promoter on the Website). Previous winners of tickets for any given date of the iTunes Festival London 2011 shall be disqualified in the event that such persons are identified by the random, computer-generated selection. Decisions of Promoter relating to the drawing and all matters relating to this Promotion will be final and binding. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received.

Jen, i think the loophole there is that if a person is incredibly lucky to be picked for multiple gigs that they applied in a round, since it's done on a multiple draw rounds basis, that's fine. & "in the event that such persons are identified blahblahblah" means that there is a chance they aren't identified by the computerised system.

is there any way we can buy tickets to this?

i'm leaving the UK after graduating from Uni and this is the last show i could see coldplay play unless they come to HK on tour!

i saw their gig at liverpool in Xmas and that was fantastic!

there'll (very) likely be ticket touts reselling tickets once they start getting allocated. but at as really high premium for acts like Coldplay...& imo, not worth it + too high a risk that it's a wind up.

btw, there's another way to win tickets: check out Songkick...if you haven't already.

(i'm KopiJunkie on there)

there'll (very) likely be ticket touts reselling tickets once they start getting allocated. but at as really high premium for acts like Coldplay...& imo, not worth it + too high a risk that it's a wind up.

btw, there's another way to win tickets: check out Songkick...if you haven't already.

(i'm KopiJunkie on there)

thanks! i've done that now, hopefully i'll get tickets :)

i'm glad i managed to get those liverpool tickets for 50quid! can't believe the prices for that went up to 2000 pounds!

If i win (though my location is not in england) i ll randomly give my tickets away to some coldplayer from england as i ll not be able to afford the travel exchanges :wacko:

Shotgun! Please give them to me :) Hahhahaha

I have managed to get my paws on 100 corporate tickets for this show, if anybody wants PM me :P

and no I don't work for FIFA :P

O/J, entered, probably won't win

Edit - Please note I'm joking, I don't have 100 corporate tickets, it was meant to be a joke aimed at the fact that most of the tickets go to corporate partners and not the fans.

I have managed to get my paws on 100 corporate tickets for this show, if anybody wants PM me :P

and no I don't work for FIFA :P

O/J, entered, probably won't win

David you are a legend!