✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Moving To Mars' now!

busybeeburns

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the WORST song I've heard in a long time, boring as hell, apsolute crap, but thats just me!

ok, after listening to it a couple more time, as much as I didn't want to do it I thought it best to give it a go, so now I think its one of the worst songs I've heard in a long time, not quite as boring as hell, but not far off it, pretty crap, and me changing my opinion, well thats just me!

definately represents the emptiness and loneliness of space, and the piano is absolutely beautiful. I gave it a ten because it shows the boys are still hanging to their roots, and its breathtaking too!

Wow. This song blew me away. I forgot where I was the first time I listened to it. It's magical.

Early in the song it reminded me of Gravity, which is one of my favourites, that I always cry to.

The part, where

"and I heard it on the radio

that one day we'll be living in the stars

and I heard it on a tv show

that somewhere up above and in my heart

they'll be tearing us apart

maybe moving us to mars"

is sung got me all teary.

At first listen I thought Chris' voice was way too deep in the beginning, but it's not so bad. Although, he will have trouble if he is going to sing it live, I'm afraid.

The light thrums you hear at 3:30 sound like those in Mew's Comforting Sounds.

The song is difficult for me to explain, really.

Oh, and I didn't rate it. I find it hard to do with most Coldplay songs, but it definitely gets a high grade in my book.

I just noticed something, although this may have been mentioned somewhere already.

I was just watching the Christmas Lights video (and although I noticed this before I didn't connect the dots until now that MTM was released)... the top of the piano says [something] Mars Theatre Electrique. I wonder if there's a connection.

They must really like Mars. :|

Chris's voice in this song reminds me of his Yes and Christmas Lights voices, except A LOT lower. His voice is soooo sexy lower!!!!! :dazzled:

Ahahahahahah That was hilarious and correct at the same time :laugh3:

Actually, Chris' voice is always sexy, it's just more noticeable when it's lower.

When I first heard it, I heard a mumble - Chris's voice at the beginning. Not that that's a bad thing, I was just after listening to Major Minus so I didn't expect such a slow and quiet song :P

But, i have to admit I was blown away. The emotion is just... gah, wonderful. I really do love it, but not as much as Major Minus, I'm afraid.

Has anyone noticed on the Christmas Lights video, on second 53 , there is written something about "mars" on the top of the piano

Theatre Electrique? I think they changed their mind a little from Christmas Lights to Now, but who knows? 'Theatre Electrique' is a little hard to spell, but I wouldn't expect it to be the album title

It says "VAN? MARS • THEATRE ELECTRIQUE". No idea what it means. Ask Oracle about it

Theatre Electrique? I think they changed their mind a little from Christmas Lights to Now, but who knows? 'Theatre Electrique' is a little hard to spell, but I wouldn't expect it to be the album title

It says "VAN? MARS • THEATRE ELECTRIQUE". No idea what it means. Ask Oracle about it

I kinda cringe when the falsetto part kicks in. Don't like it that much for the rest either. I'll rate it a 5 now, but I might laugh at that at a later point. (as in it might be too high, or too low)

Don't worry. You're not cringing. You're just getting chills from the amazing music! ;)

I felt bad not loving ETIAW, but still appreciated it because it was Coldplay after all. Felt a bit concerned that I may not "love" the new album...as I enjoyed VLV so much....but after hearing MTM....my fears have been wiped. Magic! Magic! Magic! Can't wait for LP5:wink3: