✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Moving To Mars' now!

busybeeburns

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MTM=INSTANT CLASSIC. It's like the old Coldplay we all know and love, yet they're still moving in a new direction, which is great! It reminds me a lot of Amsterdam with the way it starts, and then builds at the end. BRILLIANT! I LOVE IT! I just wish they would've released this BEFORE ETIAW.

I think so too. It must be amazing live. :wacky:

Honestly, I hope they never play Moving to Mars live. I can't really explain it, but there's something about this song that just doesn't allow them to play it live. Doing that would almost take away from the incredible mystique and beauty of this song. It's hard to explain... perhaps you guys will understand what I'm saying, though.

Honestly, I hope they never play Moving to Mars live. I can't really explain it, but there's something about this song that just doesn't allow them to play it live. Doing that would almost take away from the incredible mystique and beauty of this song. It's hard to explain... perhaps you guys will understand what I'm saying, though.

I'm with you! Can't imangine the song works as good as on the studio version live.

Yeah, I thought the same about Amsterdam actually, but the live performances are awesome :)

Yeah but Moving to Mars includes so many little details which makes the song as great as it is for me and they can't be included into a live show. So I am totally convinced that I will always prefer the studio version, but who knows? :P

For me, this song is wildly mediocre compared to ETiAW and Major Minus.

Teardrop is something vastly different to what they have created previously and that's exciting.

The guitar parts on Major remind me of GPASUYF and a few other B-sides from the AROBTTH era

but this? it almost reminds me of the B-Side 'For you' only not as nicely executed.

I do kind of like chris' low vocals because it's not often he goes that low and you can hear every note vibrating throughout but as a whole, it's not the greatest, and that's probably why it's a B-Side.

The first time I heard Moving To Mars I felt completely different. It really takes you to other worlds, because of the combination of the sounds, the voice, they are so deep, and the song touch your soul in the moment you start to listen to it...it´s wonderful and leaves you without air...:)

I give it a 5/10.. and I'm being very generous.

I guess people is rating out of 100 :thinking: That would explain the huge amount of 10s.

Seriously. If Moving to Mars is a 10/10, what about The Scientist or Clocks? At least a 20/10.

Come on boys... Moving to Mars would be one of the worst Coldplay songs if it would be included in any previous Coldplay album, but after the ETDIAWF disaster we welcome this decent song as it would be the greatest song in the universe.

I hope none of the ETDIAWF EP tracks will be in the album. Charlie Brown is the only new song that worth that.

This song is so X&Y but that's OK as I like bits of that album... 9/10. Reminds me a bit of ELO too as does X&Y. The low voice at the beginning is annoying though...

i was thinking about this the other day, and i have come to the conclusion that (for me, at least) Moving to Mars is sort of like what would happen if Prospekt's March and X&Y had a baby... which is cool with me. :wacky: