✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Moving To Mars' now!

busybeeburns

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow. Goosebumps.

You know, this is what I've been waiting for from the LP5 era. This is the track that should've been released opposed to ETIAW. Because this is beautiful and this is what Coldplay is about.

Absolutely stunning piano work on it, and Chris's voice has had minimal tampering. He's taken the lower gravelly tone (like the beginning of Christmas Lights) and then mixed it with higher notes. And it makes it diverse and it works so well.

And then when the rest of the instruments kick in, it's still not overdone and it still makes it feel surreal and beautiful and all these things.

Just wow guys. Wow. :heart:

8/10 (but I'm sure listening more it will become 9... Maybe even a 10).

Anyone knows Donnie Darko? Amazing film, and the beginning of this song kind of reminds me of it, the soundtrack, the haunting sound. Different for Coldplay, but very typical of Pink Floyd for example, especially the guitar solo. Still, very beautiful.

I voted 8.

A 9 would be brilliantly amazing, a 10 is for A Rush Of Blood to the Head (Live 2003), my reference for perfection.

Anyone knows Donnie Darko? Amazing film, and the beginning of this song kind of reminds me of it, the soundtrack, the haunting sound. Different for Coldplay, but very typical of Pink Floyd for example, especially the guitar solo. Still, very beautiful.

I voted 8.

A 9 would be brilliantly amazing, a 10 is for A Rush Of Blood to the Head (Live 2003), my reference for perfection.

How on Earth is it anything like Donnie Darko?

anyways I don't really like it even though there's piano, the song just doesn't feel to have emotion in it for me, It sounds kinda like he was singing it drunk and swaying around with the effects.It just feels like a random load of tunes shoved together.

Well I'm giving it a 4 since it's certainly better than ETIAW.

Overall thoughts: gorgeous track! A beautiful mix between old and brand new Coldplay. There's some Pink Floyd, some old Bowie and even some Cockney Rebel, but mostly Coldplay in there. This bodes really well for the album.

Bowie? Okay these comparisons are pretty funny :laugh3: