✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Moving To Mars' now!

busybeeburns

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. This song reminds me why I listen to Coldplay. I give it a solid 8.5

10 is reserved for absolute perfection ---> A Rush Of Blood To The Head (Live 2003) and Politik (Live 2003)

9 ---> Songs like Clocks, Major Minus (live), Violet Hill, etc.

I have a feeling this will become a 10 when we hear it live. :D

I adore this song. 9/10.

Reminds me of both AROBTTH and X&Y.

After a couple of listening quietly at home (i can't stop listen it, jeez) I would say this is a new level for Coldplay, almost perfect combination of roots with multilayer eno's sound. I said almost perfect because they definitely borrow some bits.

But this is serious, deep and emotional music, something about tiny bit like human love of a one man and it connection with the universe, equality of this things, they equal beauty of love with unreachable stars, because it's all the same substance. Amazing song. It must be on the album, a beautiful close track.

Sorry for English, I can't express properly everything I feel about this song.

I like the song but I have some doubts about the very first part of the song where I can hear some vocal "mistakes".... I mean some words finish too low for his register.

Apart from the technical remark it is a good song, but not my favourite at the moment :D ...i agree with the one who said "back to parachutes".

After hearing ETIAW I was upset in that Coldplay had moved so far away from what I considered to be 'their sound' that I just wasn't enjoying it.

Major Minus helped to resotre the little faith that I had lost however I wasn't convinced with the studio recording.

Just when I thought they'd lost touch they come back with this amazing song.

Moving To Mars is fucking wonderful.

wow, I just arrived home and turned on the computer to listen to Moving To Mars and all I have to say is the waiting was really worth it!! what a beautiful song! I gave it a 9/10 :D Hope they keep writing songs like this one!

Incredible song! This is the evolved Coldplay we've been waiting for :nice: I rated it a 9, it's just pure quality.

But it really does beg the question as to why on earth they thought ETIAW was in any way shape or form superior to this? If this is left off the album in favour of ETIAW, it will be totally embarrassing. The band really need to start tightening their quality control, there really just isn't any excuse when they can clearly still produce amazing music.

A 10 out of 10, or maybe a 10 out of 1.

The melody is just a really really really obsessing!!! And it feels linked to the lyrics, just the way Coldplay intended to be felt. It feels as if we are the drug addict man the band were searching for, when these songs were composed. And yes, it is an awkwardly strange and shockingly different music (along with all the other LP songs), but this is what they wanted, and it is what we all should have expected to hear on the LP5 era.

Good luck and best wishes to Coldplay!!!!

I obviously love this track. But I know Im not the only one who hear's David Bowie's "Major Tom" in this track. I have a feeling he was a huge influence in their new direction. But Coldplay can do no wrong, and I literally would kill someone to get my hands on the new cd.

I'm giving it a 7/10 but 7.5 is more accurate. Its definitely the best thing I've heard from them in quite awhile. There are a few issues that keep it from a full 8. I find that transition in style in the middle of the song a little less smooth than I would like, but better than the one on 42. I'm not totally digging the super low pitch of Chris's voice in the beginning, but still FAR better than the distorted mess from MM. At this point I just have no idea what direction this album is going to be headed in. It really feels like they are attempting every style of music they can think of. Time will tell if I shall enjoy the result of their experimentation.