✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Moving To Mars' now!

busybeeburns

Moving To Mars

After spending my day listening to it every time I could and reading all the comments. I think this is what the song does for us:

1. It's simple yet powerful

2. Perfect mix of the old and new

3. It has heart and soul

4. It has the merit of bringing ALL the coldplayers back together again. Finally a song that we all love (51% gave it a 10/10 and 30% a 9 or an 8, I think this is the 1st song that has achieved this feat on coldplaying.com). No more fighting.

5. This song is so amazing that I don't think the world is ready for what has to come next.

Can the boys top this, I hope they do but after freaking out all day over this new wonder, I think I'll die, lol.

6. Chris is singing numbers ("8 to 9, 9 to 8, 76543") and this song is still beautiful. A countdown never sounded better.

7. Did I mention that this song is amazing.

8. We should start petition for a video. I will start a thread for that matter.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say 8/10 for now, I really like this. After a few listens I found the overall progression of the song to be absolutely wonderful. The vibe seems to start at Billie Holiday, move into a little 10cc (I'm Not In Love), and then open up into Pink Floyd. Seems like a weird combo, but it flows so well.

/wonders if Chris saw e-mail to Debs re: The Dark Side of the Moon in early 2010 and got inspired, that would be crazy

Wow. That's all I can say... wow. :o

Because this is beautiful and this is what Coldplay is about.

Exactly... that's why I instantly loved it. Not that I didn't like Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall, but it was so different from the Coldplay that we know and love. This is what we've come to expect from them. It's a shame that this song likely won't be on the album.

So I initially really liked Moving to Mars but now I'm at this point where I LOVE MTM!

There's a way when you listen to a song sometimes you see little things you would change or you see ways you would have gone about it differently.

MTM actually feels...spacey. It's like, everything put together I just get this distinct image of someone floating through space sort of looking down on earth. And obviously that's my visual, but I really do feel the whole weightless of space is somehow built into the song. I don't even know how.

And I really love the way Chris starts at such a low register. This being a very different song than Yes, I feel like its really used to perfection in building the song up. The song is definitely not pop in the way ETIAW is (which I don't see as a bad thing) and it's not U2ish (which I think MM is - to its detriment). It's weird in a way because its very different from normal Coldplay with that beat coming in 1:30ish.

But they just pull this song off so well. And all the production on the song is INCREDIBLE. Bravo Mr. Dravs, Mr. Eno, and any other who had a hand in this. Coldplay really outdid themselves in my opinion here. The song never reaches too far or tries too hard. It doesn't try to make you cry or shout. It's sort of right in the middle of that. Which is kind of another reason I think it's spacey. It exists in a space you cannot really put your finger on.

Moving to Mars lovefest over.

I'm so disappointed with this. I've only just had my first couple of listens now, and all I can say is that if this is what LP5 is going to be like, I'm not going to be listening to the album for long. I can't quite put my finger on it - it's so different to Major Minus, and I really do like Major Minus. But MTM... Chris' vocals aren't that brilliant, when the rest of the band comes in it's really low-fi (and not good), and then it becomes so underwhelming it's not funny.

And it sucks. If all of LP5 is like this, I am probably going to cry. Or at least be very depressed for a time. Because I have been waiting for this album for years. And if the songs are like this... D:

So I initially really liked Moving to Mars but now I'm at this point where I LOVE MTM!

There's a way when you listen to a song sometimes you see little things you would change or you see ways you would have gone about it differently.

MTM actually feels...spacey. It's like, everything put together I just get this distinct image of someone floating through space sort of looking down on earth. And obviously that's my visual, but I really do feel the whole weightless of space is somehow built into the song. I don't even know how.

Yeah that is it what I love so much! MM and MTM have lots of little details in the songs and both creates vivid images of the situation in your head, isn't it? You can imagine how these guys flying to mars at the end of the song. This is so great!