✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Moving To Mars' now!

busybeeburns

its very promising to me that MtM is a b-side. i would have been pleased to hear it

during my first Lp5 listen in the near future. i hope the new album is 11 or 12 songs. asuming that HLH, CB, PoC, ETIAW will be on it

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I gave it 3. I don't like the song that much, the bit when the drums come in at first, the countdown section, Martin's voice once everything comes in, the harmony, the strings, unoriginal (in coldplay sense). The only thing I like is when it changes to F major (instead of F minor) and the Tierce de Pichertie (or whatever you call it) at the end.

I much prefer all the other songs from this era, especially Every Teardrop, Hurts LIke Heaven and Paradise.

• 2 weeks later...

i love this song. the solo...holy crap.

the part when the piano comes in and martin begins to sing instead of whisper..

if this was on MX and along with Major Minus instead of ETIAW or Paradise...i'd be a bit more reassured this would be their best album since A Rush of Blood...

i give it a 8/10 because the song still has a taste of an old coldplay.... well, you know if we look back to parachutes and a rush of blood to the head, chris always sounded like mellow and has a more melody not like what he has today as i think he has made a huge transition of coldplay's music and his voice improvement like more loooooud. :D

I love the lyrics on this one! "We won't see the earth again..." There's a sense of something magical that I can't quite put my finger on. The countdown idea was pretty original. "Seven, six, five, four, three" and I love the fact that you can hear Will's distinct voice in this one (which I think is a bit underrated; he should sing more!). I'd swap PoC for this on the new album!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
i give it a 8/10 because the song still has a taste of an old coldplay.... well, you know if we look back to parachutes and a rush of blood to the head, chris always sounded like mellow and has a more melody not like what he has today as i think he has made a huge transition of coldplay's music and his voice improvement like more loooooud. :D

Agree, has a Parachute and Rush sound. Song of melancholy, sadness. Outstanding. :nice: Wouldn't fit well on MX. Don't think.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...