✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What I don't like about the new songs

Maj2004

I really like that there isn't always the same stupid boring building of the song with verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus.

Yea, best example Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody XD i know you cant compare but still.

I don't mind that none of the songs have choruses, it makes them more interesting to me. It would pretty annoying if all of the songs on LP5 lacked choruses but it appears that won't be the case. Hurts Like Heaven for example sort of has a chorus.

It's disconcerting sometimes, but I think I have to disagree with you on the basis that most of the new songs DO have choruses except for ETIAW, and even with ETIAW, I think it's very easy to jam/dance/sing along to its last minute.

Major Minus - oooh oooh, one eye on the road on on you part.

Charlie Brown - Light a fire...

Hurts Like Heaven - You use your heart as a weapon...

Us Against the World - Slow-ow-ow-ow....

Princess of China - to be determined :p

Moving to Mars - they're moving us apart.....

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the definition of a chorus can be pretty subjective; one of the simple definitions for example is something that gets repeated throughout the song - that rules out Charlie Brown, but that means MM, HLH, UATW, and MTM do have choruses.

In the end you kind of need to look past the structural oddities of the new songs and enjoy them for what they are. I know Charlie Brown kind of irritates me because I actually really really like its "chorus" and wish it had more of that and less of its guitar solos repeated, but it's still such a beautiful song.

i would have figured the chorus for Amsterdam would be the "time is on your side" bit. :P

This.

like an erection.

Are you trying to say those who are expecting a chorus have erectile dysfunction? :lol: :p

I know Charlie Brown kind of irritates me because I actually really really like its "chorus" and wish it had more of that and less of its guitar solos repeated

That's what I mean. They sorta have a chorus that's amazing but never repeat it.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Are you having issues with erectile dysfunctions? Well there's a Coldplay song for that. There's a Coldplay song for just...everything.

The Hardest Part

I also find it very cool how none of the songs really have choruses for the most part. I think it counters the idea some people have suggested (if I'm not mistaken) that because of ETIAW they're supposedly going in a more pop/commercial bs direction. All a lot of music popular these days seems to be built around a heavy chorus that is repetitive and contains the song's title. Coldplay haven't done that on these new songs and I think that's awesome. [: Originality my friends (if I may call you that :) ). A hard quality to find these days. But they've still got it!

OF COURSE THEY HAVE, BUT SOME OF THEM HAVE MUSICAL CHOURS

CHARLIE BROWN: RIFFT WITH "GLOWING IN THE DARK"

MAJOR MINUS: OHH OHHH OHHH GOT ONE EYE ON THE ROAD AND ONE ON YOU (PRETTY OBIOUS)

HURTS LIKE HEAVEN : "USE YOUR HEART AS A WEAPON AND IT HURTS LIKE HEAVEN"

PRINCESS OF CHINA:" i'LL BE YOUR KING... YOU COULD WERE A RING" BIT (PRETTY OBIOUS)

ETIAW: GUITAR RIFFT IS ACTUALLY THE CHORUS AT MY POINT OF VIEW AND THE WAWAW PART

MOVING TO MARS: "MAYBE MOVING US TO MARS"

US AGAINST THE WORLD: "IF WE COULD ... AWAY, FLY UP TO THE SURFACE AND JUST..."

OF COURSE THEY HAVE, BUT SOME OF THEM HAVE MUSICAL CHOURS

CHARLIE BROWN: RIFFT WITH "GLOWING IN THE DARK"

MAJOR MINUS: OHH OHHH OHHH GOT ONE EYE ON THE ROAD AND ONE ON YOU (PRETTY OBIOUS)

HURTS LIKE HEAVEN : "USE YOUR HEART AS A WEAPON AND IT HURTS LIKE HEAVEN"

PRINCESS OF CHINA:" i'LL BE YOUR KING... YOU COULD WERE A RING" BIT (PRETTY OBIOUS)

ETIAW: GUITAR RIFFT IS ACTUALLY THE CHORUS AT MY POINT OF VIEW AND THE WAWAW PART

MOVING TO MARS: "MAYBE MOVING US TO MARS"

US AGAINST THE WORLD: "IF WE COULD ... AWAY, FLY UP TO THE SURFACE AND JUST..."

All caps is cruise control for cool.

Annnnyway, I find it interesting you see it that way, because Coldplay were trying to deviate from the standard song structure of 'verse chorus verse' etc during the VLV era ('tis said in interviews). They've certainly seemed more effective at it with the new songs than the old ones, which I liek.