✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The new album is called Massive Xylophones.

Crests

Yup and now they have a pet dinosaur called Rex starring in on all the video clips, oftenly singing instead of Chris! :o

Will's son :P I think lmao but ether REX stands for something or secretly it's a tribute to Wills son while also being a tribute to a great movement...something about the protests in the middle east suddenly come to mind.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M/Mutagenic/?/... Xylobrytes.

What the heck is that? That's not even a word. Ask any search engine and they'll tell you. So why would that be the name? Ridiculous. Sorry. But really? :P

Xylophones

A word clearly. But there's no way they're going to name it after an instrument. And actually I can't say that because I don't know for sure but that's so unlike them I think. Although, I know people are speculating and anxious to find out every little detail [: But. I remember when X&Y was "Zero Theory" and VlVoDaAHF was "Famous Old Painters". We never know the real title until they tell us what it is. That's just the way it goes, you know?

And I mean I don't even think that's what MX stands for. Especially not the first one! The second is possible maybe idk. Musical Xylophones or something like that? NO idea. But it could just stand for something and not be an acronym. MX is actually a song by an incredible band I was introduced not too long ago- Deftones (irrelevant but :P). And mX is also a free daily newspaper in Australia. Maybe that's why they have the newspaper thing on the website? Just speculation.

If I'm being honest I don't think it's going to be something insanely long and not pertaining to absolutely nothing like what a lot of people are suggesting. Although everyone has a right to their opinion so they can guess what they want. (; They haven't even decided on a name I thought the oracle or someone in an interview had said? The one with Guy and Will was it? I believe so. I imagine they're going to stick with tradition and name it after a song and somehow include some over arching meaning. I don't think MX is what it's going to be despite the big patch. I think it's going to be, I'm thinking, a title we don't know. Although for some reason I absolutely love the idea of Moving to Mars being the title because of the UFO correlation and the alienation and isolation and everything and the amazing cover that would go along. But I'm not holding my breath. I still think it's going to be named after a song that makes it on the album though. Regardless of what one it is.

I mean there's not very many words starting with X that could be on the album. We have seen the made-up word "xylobrytes" in the background of PoC so it's probably incorporated in some way, given that there's very few words that they can use beginning with X. So I really do think that "xylobrytes" is an important part of LP5.

I just don't know what the heck it is. :shocked2:

At first I believed the thing about "mutagenic xylobrytes" because it makes sense. I'm a physics/bio major and we talk about mutagens all the time coming from space in the form of radiation, and seeing that a thematic element of this album is space, I thought it made sense! (a mutagen is something that causes a mutation, usually leading to cancer or cell death).

So yeah. My science knowledge coupled with my inherent gullibility, I guess. :lol:

Bullshit.The new album is going to be released at December,and Christmas Lights will be included,also will include a metal version of populars Christmas songs

And the name actually is Merry Xmas,but they are going to change it to "Moaning Xylophone"

Saying stupid things is fun :D

The article that reported the new album to be out on October 5 could be right because if you read the article it says that Coldplay plan to release a teaser to the album in one week. Date of the article: May 30. One week from then was June 6, the date of the ETIAW release. May 30 if I remember correctly was the day we started to get all those clues about ETIAW and no one really knew what was happening. (This could also be a hint that ETIAW is part of the album.)

PS- If the German article is correct, the album is out tomorrow! :P

The article that reported the new album to be out on October 5 could be right because if you read the article it says that Coldplay plan to release a teaser to the album in one week. Date of the article: May 30. One week from then was June 6, the date of the ETIAW release. May 30 if I remember correctly was the day we started to get all those clues about ETIAW and no one really knew what was happening. (This could also be a hint that ETIAW is part of the album.)

XD

The album coming out or close to october 5th makes sense, and would be a great promotion for their southafrican tours, which start at october 5th, the fact the release of the teaser was like they said it surprises it, maybe that guy from south afria said more than he was suposed to say and nobody as even payed atention to him...

I'm angry with the band saying they want the album to be concise. I mean, waiting for it for like two years andgetting only several new songs isn't exactly living up to my expectations, or for that matter, to any fan's expectations. Why release only ten tracks (most likely that's going to be the case) out of 20, which is a minimum they made in preparing this album. So annoying. And they'd better not put MM and/or MTM on the setlist because there'll be no room for new,yet unheard of melodies *throws arms up in despair*

I'm angry with the band saying they want the album to be concise. I mean, waiting for it for like two years andgetting only several new songs isn't exactly living up to my expectations, or for that matter, to any fan's expectations. Why release only ten tracks (most likely that's going to be the case) out of 20, which is a minimum they made in preparing this album. So annoying. And they'd better not put MM and/or MTM on the setlist because there'll be no room for new,yet unheard of melodies *throws arms up in despair*

Yeah, bands should release albums every six months.

I think what made Viva good was the pacing and overall layering of the album and that would not have been possible if they released an ass load of new songs. X&Y is arguably their worst disk (although still awesome) but it was the longest. Quality, not quantity.

Just because some of the new tracks won't make the final album doesn't mean they won't be released in some form or other. Maybe they'll do another "Prospekt's March" kind of deal. Although I do wish we could hear some more of the stuff that hasn't made the albums, "Famous Old Painters" which was cut from Viva is one which I really wish I could hear in its full form (assuming that it once had a vocal track).

:dance: OMG I HEARD THEIR NEW PRODUCERS ARE THE BLACK-EYED PEAS!!

not know, but they work with apparatjik but much harder. because it's much more substantial

look :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9LH_y159sg]YouTube - ‪The Black Eyed Peas - Don't Stop The Party‬‏[/ame]

I kinda disagree (unless your using sarcasm)
She was using sarcasm ;)

I am used to bands that release albums after four/five years, so two years is really fast imo. I guess expectations just are different when you listen to different kind of bands?

She was using sarcasm ;)

I am used to bands that release albums after four/five years, so two years is really fast imo. I guess expectations just are different when you listen to different kind of bands?

Uhhh it's been 3 years y'all.

--------

3 years

3 years of HELL.

:D

God this album is gonna be awesome.

Yeah, bands should release albums every six months.

Ha ha ha...I know it takes much time to make a song of Coldplay's caliber let alone the whole album. I guess listening to Coldplay only (well Arcade Fire,too) throughout the period of last three years makes me so aggravated.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions: They said the album was to be released in December 2010 and then postponed it for autumn 2011! Why was it they needed such a long pause? It's almost a year later.

And what's with the 'mysterious new song' somebody mentioned when discussing the gig in Poland? ( I think it was mentioned there).

I mean there's not very many words starting with X that could be on the album. We have seen the made-up word "xylobrytes" in the background of PoC so it's probably incorporated in some way, given that there's very few words that they can use beginning with X. So I really do think that "xylobrytes" is an important part of LP5.

I just don't know what the heck it is. :shocked2:

At first I believed the thing about "mutagenic xylobrytes" because it makes sense. I'm a physics/bio major and we talk about mutagens all the time coming from space in the form of radiation, and seeing that a thematic element of this album is space, I thought it made sense! (a mutagen is something that causes a mutation, usually leading to cancer or cell death).

So yeah. My science knowledge coupled with my inherent gullibility, I guess. :lol:

Right. Well that's different though I didn't know that part about it being on the screen. True. And maybe. Oh are you? That's cool. [: Yeah I thought it sound bio-related I just didn't see how it related but now that you say it makes more sense. No worries man. :)

Actually I have to step back a bit because he said it was hard to spell. That doesn't necessarily mean it's the "Xylobrytes" title but it makes it seem a little more likely. I really wonder what it is though. Dang. :thinking: