March 8, 200917 yr hi, it's my first time posting in this thread. somehow i feel i am cheating on CP, but i am having a secret love affair with RH and am now coming out of the closet. please be kind to me since i am a newbie. When i saw the "RH is Poor" thread i knew i had to come here and profess my love Hey, don't feel like you are cheating... Radiohead music compliments those days you just need to hear some "get down in your gut feelings" music. Then there are those Coldplay music days. But I love both of them....maybe Radiohead just a little more intensely!
March 8, 200917 yr Sorry for just randomly coming to this thread but I had to write this. I have posted here before saying I've heard OK Computer and In Rainbows and then some of you gave me an advice to listen to The Bends. I know I didn't do it right away back then but I did today. All I can say is that I was blown away. :stunned: It is much more accessible than the first two I listened. That album is GREAT. I listened to it 3 times now. I especially like High and Dry! So I would like to thank for your advice, I like Radiohead a lot more now! :) Cool! You sound like me my first time listening to the Bends. Listened to it a few times in a row. I remember my dad was mowing the lawn. And I was just blown away, and like you High and Dry really stuck out to me. Yeah, count me in as one of the new fans of Radiohead. I've been a casual listener, but I'm starting to delve a little deeper into their music and I'm liking what I'm hearing. And I agree....The Bends is a GREAT album! Awesome to see you digging deeper! They're a great band with lots of good music. hi, it's my first time posting in this thread. somehow i feel i am cheating on CP, but i am having a secret love affair with RH and am now coming out of the closet. please be kind to me since i am a newbie. When i saw the "RH is Poor" thread i knew i had to come here and profess my love :P Congrats on coming out of the closet. But it is possible to love both bands as many people on here demonstrate.
March 8, 200917 yr the fact that people are still falling in love with albums like The Bends and OK Computer just shows you how timeless and brilliant their music is. as much as i love coldplay now and have for the last 5yrs. i dont see myself listening to them all that much in 15 or 20yrs time. is there anyway of keeping count of how many people have confessed becoming radiohead fans on this thread. there's been at least a dozen or so in the past month alone.
March 8, 200917 yr possibly posted but this version deserves another listen john mayer - kid a cover love what he did with it Wow. It's a good one!
March 8, 200917 yr how long does it take to learn the picking of paranoid android? Depends on how fast you learn new stuff
March 8, 200917 yr possibly posted but this version deserves another listen john mayer - kid a cover love what he did with it wow, that indeed is a good cover!
March 8, 200917 yr Sorry for just randomly coming to this thread but I had to write this. I have posted here before saying I've heard OK Computer and In Rainbows and then some of you gave me an advice to listen to The Bends. I know I didn't do it right away back then but I did today. All I can say is that I was blown away. :stunned: It is much more accessible than the first two I listened. That album is GREAT. I listened to it 3 times now. I especially like High and Dry! So I would like to thank for your advice, I like Radiohead a lot more now! :) Awesome! It is a great album. Besides High and Dry are there any other songs that stand you that you like a lot? Yeah, count me in as one of the new fans of Radiohead. I've been a casual listener, but I'm starting to delve a little deeper into their music and I'm liking what I'm hearing. And I agree....The Bends is a GREAT album! Great! hi, it's my first time posting in this thread. somehow i feel i am cheating on CP, but i am having a secret love affair with RH and am now coming out of the closet. please be kind to me since i am a newbie. When i saw the "RH is Poor" thread i knew i had to come here and profess my love I wouldn't consider it cheating Coldplay, like briggins said you can love both bands just as much. the fact that people are still falling in love with albums like The Bends and OK Computer just shows you how timeless and brilliant their music is. as much as i love coldplay now and have for the last 5yrs. i dont see myself listening to them all that much in 15 or 20yrs time. Yeah... it really says something about their music. The funny thing is that we really have no idea what we'll be listening to in 15-20 years time. I mean not even 5 years ago I was listening to bands like Van Halen and The Who, and now I will rarely even listen to them. To me it's interesting to see what bands have a lasting effect and which don't. I find most bands I can listen to for about 1-2 years and then I lose interest. So for me there are only a few bands that have done that (Beatles, Radiohead, Floyd, Zeppelin). But I see what you mean, in that I feel certain bands I listen to have a lasting power, while other bands for me are just a temporary lasting power (Animal Collective, Bob Dylan)
March 8, 200917 yr I think 5 years ago I wasn't listening to anything memorable. Dark, dark times in my life. I'm so blessed to have grown out of that phase.
March 8, 200917 yr I was big on Coldplay, but I slowly started listening to Radiohead, too. I think. :uhoh:
March 8, 200917 yr so apparently Nigel is joining them for the latin/south american tour: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fpotq.cl%2F2009%2F03%2F07%2Fnigel-godrich-viene-junto-a-radiohead%2F&sl=es&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8 could this mean that they're going to be recording songs with him? could they be recording a live album? will nigel join radiohead on stage (like he did recently for in limbo)? i'm interested to see what happens... getting excited for the new shows! :thumbsup:
March 8, 200917 yr i was big into Coldplay at first (2004-2005 or so), then i got into U2 for a few months in 2006, and then finally Radiohead in late 2006... the rest is history
March 8, 200917 yr ok, i know this is a girly question but how many times do i have to listen to Fake Plastic until i won't cry? It's so beautiful and epic i just crumble. Edit - and also being the newbie what is there typical set list for a gig? or maybe they dont have a typical set list. now i wish i was in Chile
March 8, 200917 yr ok, i know this is a girly question but how many times do i have to listen to Fake Plastic until i won't cry? It's so beautiful and epic i just crumble. Edit - and also being the newbie what is there typical set list for a gig? or maybe they dont have a typical set list. now i wish i was in Chile it's a great song! as for setlist they change it up all the time, and have never played the same setlist twice
March 8, 200917 yr Fake plastic trees is beautiful! They dont really have a typical set list. They play different songs every time. There's only one thing we know: They dont play creep anymore. And of course they mostly play songs like just, idioteque, karma police, lucky, fake plastic trees, paranoid android, there there.. etcetera etcetera..
March 8, 200917 yr Radiohead are great when you see them live because you know your going to get a different set-list each time, with the same core songs but with different non-core songs thrown in the mix.
March 8, 200917 yr Aww, I love it when a bunch of people just start getting into Radiohead. :D With patience whole worlds will open before your ears. I've been trying for years to figure out what the feeling I got when I first 'got' a Radiohead song reminded me of, and I finally just remembered. It was like the first time someone read me "The Hobbit" as a kid- when I knew that it was something special that would come to mean a lot to me, as though I had been looking for it my whole life up until then. So Tolkien for books, Radiohead for music, and it happened the first time I saw the Matrix for movies- me in a nutshell. :cool: ok, i know this is a girly question but how many times do i have to listen to Fake Plastic until i won't cry? It's so beautiful and epic i just crumble. You know, legend has it that when Thom first recorded that, he was so into it or upset by it that he burst into tears the moment he finished singing. So you're not exactly alone. ;)
Create an account or sign in to comment