✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

Sometimes I very much dislike being short. This was the best I could do holding my hand straight up in the air and getting squished by everybody. I'm glad he did this first so I could just fall back afterward. I was doing a pretty good job of gradually making my way toward the front when the prior artist (Photek) was on, but during the last 15 minutes of Photek's performance people just started shoving their way in out of nowhere. Very uncomfortable. One girl was even crying.

(clicky up to HD quality)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5hwWCt9QbY]SBTRKT - Lotus Flower Remix - Movement Electronic Music Festival - Detroit - May 26, 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

ADMISSION TO WARM UP 2012

On Warm Up Saturdays, from 2–9 PM, the admission fee to MoMA PS1 and Warm Up is $15. Included in this price is access to all exhibitions and Warm Up.

http://www.momaps1.org/warmup

One day we'll all go to the same show and it will be the best day ever.

:bomb:

It's the two of us five weeks from today, Nina... :wink3::P

I'm on the rail! On Ed's side!

Wooo, have a great great gig Mike and Christa! :dance:

where do I even begin? Yes we got Front Row!!!! My first RH concert and I am spoiled and ruined forever!!!!!

setlistRH.jpg

so let's just go backwards. This am driving the kids to school today and I just start crying, not bad crying good like "jesus that was the best thing that ever happend to me never going to ever happen again but i will reember this forever" cry and i am still in shock.

So Mike and I get to Newark at 12 and there are 2 lines, ones for waste and general ga. there are like 22 ppl ahead of us but we were thinking the Waste ppl would get in 1st, so we were like ok no biggie, no front row ed side which i wanted. Had gorgeous weather, had my beach chairs, food, drinks and met lots of nice ppl. the waiting for 7 hours was not to bad at all we were relaxing and writting our fantasy set lists hehehe.

hold on uploading all the pics and vids now

so they finally let us in i think at like 6:45, we saw a bunch of ppl go in b4 and were like who are those ppl? so we get in and they swipe our credit cards b/c it was ticketless and we run to get the wristbands. We see the doors open and we shoot towards the pit. theyare telling us not to run so we walked very briskly, this is Radiohead dammitt! so we so a whole bunch of ppl at the middle and to the right and there is this gap right in front of ED!!! im like Run!!!! we grab the railing and we look at each other like WTF???? At first we could not even speak just trying to wrap this around our heads, we were in total shock, and then we were just giddy freaking out that we actually got what we wanted and we were going to see Radiohead FRONT ROW BABYY!! I started reading the Radiohead live tweets and they were in and tweeted something like "where is everyone?" someone tweeted back that there were tons of ppl outside, must have been a problem with the ticketless computer, so by our luck and the RH Gods liking us, we got to the barrier.

so we are taking it all in and we look to the left and there are all the guitars, we were in heaven. One of Ed's guitars had a cute little ED sticker on it, yes I have pics. I could not stop laughing or smiling. Mike was in heaven. Caribu came on and then we waited for RH. ok going to put up some pics, vids still need to go to youtube. Ill be back for the rest of the wonderful Radiohead story!

so they finally let us in i think at like 6:45, we saw a bunch of ppl go in b4 and were like who are those ppl? so we get in and they swipe our credit cards b/c it was ticketless and we run to get the wristbands. We see the doors open and we shoot towards the pit. theyare telling us not to run so we walked very briskly, this is Radiohead dammitt! so we so a whole bunch of ppl at the middle and to the right and there is this gap right in front of ED!!! im like Run!!!! we grab the railing and we look at each other like WTF???? At first we could not even speak just trying to wrap this around our heads, we were in total shock, and then we were just giddy freaking out that we actually got what we wanted and we were going to see Radiohead FRONT ROW BABYY!! I started reading the Radiohead live tweets and they were in and tweeted something like "where is everyone?" someone tweeted back that there were tons of ppl outside, must have been a problem with the ticketless computer, so by our luck and the RH Gods liking us, we got to the barrier.

so we are taking it all in and we look to the left and there are all the guitars, we were in heaven. One of Ed's guitars had a cute little ED sticker on it, yes I have pics. I could not stop laughing or smiling. Mike was in heaven. Caribu came on and then we waited for RH. ok going to put up some pics, vids still need to go to youtube. Ill be back for the rest of the wonderful Radiohead story!

Awesome, I'm so happy for you guys!

I've been debating whether to go for the Ed or Jonny side and I recently decided on Ed's side based on various videos online. Your story confirms my decision!

I'm a little confused about the WASTE versus Ticketmaster "lines". Which type of tickets did you guys have? Did they actually let the WASTE people in early? Do you think the WASTE people were just for the reserved seats? Did they not differentiate between Ticketmaster versus WASTE general admission and both were together?

/ confused

I'm a little confused about the WASTE versus Ticketmaster "lines". Which type of tickets did you guys have? Did they actually let the WASTE people in early? Do you think the WASTE people were just for the reserved seats? Did they not differentiate between Ticketmaster versus WASTE general admission and both were together?

They first let in people with reserved seats (including those with WASTE seat tickets) before letting in General Admission people.

Once they opened the doors for GA, both Ticketmaster + Waste lines were entering at the same time through two separate, adjacent doors - Ticketmaster entered through the left, WASTE through the right.

People who bought tickets off WASTE were not let in earlier per se, but I think they were able to get to the floor faster because they already had tickets in hand and they're a lot easier to scan.

I heard through the grapevine that there were issues with the scanning machines, leading to a holdup with the lines. That's why there were so many empty seats when Radiohead took the stage - people were still trying to get in! I think the arena filled up by around song 6 though...

Btw, I sincerely hope no one here was the guy wearing the blue hat yesterday. Unbelievably inconsiderate. :angry:

so this is the longest review i have ever had to write. so RH comes on and of course its bloom, that is a given, 15 Steps comes on and all I can think of is the Grammys with the full high school band and i want to sing at the top of my lungs and dance. Some guy is next to me who does not move one muscle and i am dancing my ass off bumping in to him and i do not give a shit, its fabu! Loving Bodysnatchers and then Staircase comes on and i relax and take a vid, watching the zexy Ed literally 5 feet in front of me and im mesmerized, next is daily mail and I love Thoms voice and who doesn't? get to take some pics casue he is sitting for once. Then comes Myxmo and the crowd goes ape shit. Separator is gorgeous but I totally fall apart at Nude, Thom's voice and range at the end is exquisite. One of my fav songs of the night. Mike was really looking forward to this. Yada Yada and then Lotus comes on and of course we think of Lore hahahaha. it jams and everyone is dancing except for the douce next to me, did not move once. so we then see the big drums move forward and mike say's "There There" and I am jumpng out of my skin. everyone is clapping and the drums are fantastic and we are all waiting for the big build up for the jam and literally we the floor is moving under us. This was my fav song of the night, I was almost in tears loving what I have been waiting so long to see. for me the show could have ended there but then they go into Karma Police and I am so in love.... don't let this ever end. Feral comes on which Mike wanted to hear the most and then the fuck ups with Idioteque but the crowd does not care one bit and thom says :"Fuck it" and there is a big crowd sing along it was great.

The 1st encore comes on and im lost in everything and dont remember much but then the 2nd encore give up the ghost is on and then hold shit NATIONAL ANTHEM!! i have a vid and then we knew it would be Reckoner which is the perfect way to end the show. so blessed to have gone with Mike. It was an amazing experience there were so many obsticles in our way, and I swear someone was looking after us becasue I really have no idea how we got front row, it was amazing, ok im exhuasted, amazing vids tomorrow I promise