✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

wow they KILLED karma police. so good. :o

Brilliant performances of every single song so far... even Identikit and I normally don't like that song :shocked2:

Radiohead is simply blowing out every other bands' performances.

Edit: They faltered a bit towards the end, especially with the encores. Probably won't rank in the pantheon of transcendent Coachella performances (e.g. Daft Punk in 2006, Björk in 2007, My Bloody Valentine in 2009) but still a great performance. Really glad I stayed up to watch :thumbsup:

Was pretty amazing. I don't like Paranoid Android as a closer though :/ would rather How To Disappear Completely or something. OK Computer sux :angry:

Especially since Thom can no longer sing the song properly. They should bring back Blow Out. :awesome:

Did you see this? if so I fucking hate you

I talked a bit about this in the Coachella thread but I've been going to the festival every year since 2004, with the exception of 2005 and this year (although I think I will buy weekend 2 tickets off Stubhub after all :P).

Went straight from the Franz Ferdinand set to the Sahara Tent to ensure I would get a decent spot for Daft Punk. Missed out on Depeche Mode but sooo worth it :smug:

(On that note, whatever happened to Franz Ferdinand? It's like they disappeared off the face of the planet :shrug:).

Especially since Thom can no longer sing the song properly. They should bring back Blow Out. :awesome:

I talked a bit about this in the Coachella thread but I've been going to the festival every year since 2004, with the exception of 2005 and this year (although I think I will buy weekend 2 tickets off Stubhub after all :P).

Went straight from the Franz Ferdinand set to the Sahara Tent to ensure I would get a decent spot for Daft Punk. Missed out on Depeche Mode but sooo worth it :smug:

(On that note, whatever happened to Franz Ferdinand? It's like they disappeared off the face of the planet :shrug:).

Currently recording a new album, not giving too much away, as they felt the documentation of the making of Tonight was a bit much.

Headlining Field Day Festival in London this summer.

But as this is a Radiohead thread, woo, Radiohead.

For those who missed the stream: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZEb0ZQKaMY]Radiohead Live at Coachella 2012 FULL PERFORMANCE - Pro Shot - YouTube[/ame]

It's in poor quality and doesn't even come close to recreating the sounds of the stream, probably because YouTube compresses the audio (I think there's some HD clips floating around if you guys want to look for it).

But even still, you can see a band at the top of its game. If they sprinkled in a bit more festival-friendly songs (Fake Plastic Trees, Creep, etc), their 2012 Coachella set would be remembered as one of the festival's greatest performances of all-time. That's how good they were. :shocked2:

http://www.ateaseweb.com/2012/04/16/radioheads-rolling-stone-cover-interview/

pretty interesting interview

"Godrich cites one classic Radiohead song that was never finished in the studio, “True Love Waits,” a popular concert ballad: “We tried to record it countless times, but it never worked. The irony is you have that shitty live version [on the 2001 mini-album, I Might Be Wrong]. To Thom’s credit, he needs to feel a song has validation, that it has a reason to exist as a recording. We could do ‘True Love waits’ and make it sound like John Mayer. Nobody wants to do that.”"

^It is amazing. :cool:

Radiohead will come to Taiwan this summer for the first time. And I am wondering to buy tickets or not because I don't know Radiohead too much. What should I read or know about them? Please give me suggestions. :)

I've listened Pablo Honey, The Bends, Ok Computer, Hail To The Thief. I should listen more, right?

http://www.ateaseweb.com/2012/04/16/radioheads-rolling-stone-cover-interview/

pretty interesting interview

"Godrich cites one classic Radiohead song that was never finished in the studio, “True Love Waits,” a popular concert ballad: “We tried to record it countless times, but it never worked. The irony is you have that shitty live version [on the 2001 mini-album, I Might Be Wrong]. To Thom’s credit, he needs to feel a song has validation, that it has a reason to exist as a recording. We could do ‘True Love waits’ and make it sound like John Mayer. Nobody wants to do that.”"

:lol: okay in that case I'm glad they didn't record a studio version

And to your dismay (although others' delight), I broke down and ordered the license plate yesterday. But you'll be happy to know I'll likely switch it out for my old one every now and then (even though that's not really legal). I haven't been pulled over by the police in the 7 years that I've had the car so I'll take my chances that I won't get pulled over anytime soon. I'll just keep the new plate inside the car to be safe if that ever happens. "oh sorry, I didn't know that I couldn't switch them whenever I wanted..."