There There

Feral

Idioteque

Encore 1:

Separator

Climbing Up the Walls

Bodysnatchers

True Love Waits/Everything in its Right Place

I think this might be the best RH setlist (from tonight)...

Bloom

Little By Little

Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

Morning Mr Magpie

The Gloaming

The Daily Mail

Pyramid Song

The Amazing Sounds of Orgy

Karma Police

15 Step

Staircase

Identikit

Lotus Flower

There There

Feral

Idioteque

Encore 1:

Separator

Climbing Up the Walls

Bodysnatchers

Encore 2:

Give Up the Ghost

Skirting on the Surface

Reckoner

Paranoid Android

That was a crazy setlist. Some douche near me complained about them playing songs no one has ever heard. :dozey: Thom joked about it. "He's another song you don't know" "Then we are gonna do some stuff and play something you know" :laugh3: Said something about "You can find Identikit on YouTube"

Ok, time to get real: I'm not really feeling any of these new songs. Granted, the studio versions might be better and I suspect someone will point out many IR songs also sounded like works in progress when they debuted.

But there's something different about these new songs. It seems Radiohead is trying too hard to stray from "conventional" song structures recently. There's too much tinkering that I think is negatively affecting the songs.

Skirting on the Surface sounded great when Thom played it by himself but the full band version sounds cheesy (same goes for Supercollider to an extent). Identikit sounds incredibly messy vocally and Cut a Hole is kind of boring. I sincerely hope these songs don't give a glimpse of what we can expect for LP9.

Moreover, I will be incredibly upset if they ruin The Present Tense by giving it the TKOL treatment with the emphasis on beats and rhythms. The poor quality soundcheck on Youtube already sound like one of the best Radiohead songs ever..... like a mix between Arpeggi, There There and How to Disappear Completely. The Latitude version is one of the most affecting songs I have ever heard - it is currently in my top 10 list of RH songs.

As lame as it sounds, I will be irrationally sad if The Present Tense ends up sounding like what Skirting on the Surface or Supercollider have become.

I like the people in the Radiohead thread :nice:

Most Radiohead fans I meet are pretentious jackasses. I once argued with one in a record store.

I guess radiatory overexposure to overexcited Coldplay fans mellows everyone out.

Bahahahahahah... true. :smug:

OMG I was dancing, then Ed started dancing kinda the same and I pointed at him and he started pointing back. :dazzled: Pointy dancing :dance: The guy next to me said "that was cool" :nod:
Angie that's so so so so awesome!! :bomb: Being an Ed girl, I'm so totally jealous. :angry:

I think this might be the best RH setlist (from tonight)...

Bloom

Little By Little

Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

Morning Mr Magpie

The Gloaming

The Daily Mail

Pyramid Song

The Amazing Sounds of Orgy

Karma Police

15 Step

Staircase

Identikit

Lotus Flower

There There

Feral

Idioteque

Encore 1:

Separator

Climbing Up the Walls

Bodysnatchers

Encore 2:

Give Up the Ghost

Skirting on the Surface

Reckoner

Paranoid Android

THis is pretty much a dream setlist... It's still missing millions of songs but.. it's close. :wacko:

RE: new songs... That's why I refuse to listen to the new songs more than a couple of times... I was disappointed enough with Videotape and I've learned my lesson. :p I understand what Parrotdies wants to say and I think it is reasonable. I'd love the new songs to have more melody than rhythm.

And yes, WTF, UK tour dates? The could've added a couple more, couldn't they??