✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

Here's an interesting article bout lack of NYC shows and why Jersey ain't so bad

from the Gothamist, my fav blog full link http://gothamist.com/2012/03/05/radiohead_skips_nyc_but_maybe_getti.php

Radiohead Skips NYC, But Maybe Getting Home From Newark Won't Kill You?

030512thom.jpg

Once again, our precious Radiohead has bypassed Madison Square Garden in favor of, uh, greener pastures in New Jersey. The last time the greatest band in human history performed in an arena conveniently located for important, time-pressed New Yorkers, it was 2006 at Madison Square Garden (their impossibly-sold-out Roseland shows in November don't count, and we're not counting Occupy Wall Street either). A number of east coast tour dates were announced today, and the closest Radiohead will get to NYC is the Prudential Center in lovely downtown Newark. PATH train, here we come!

Thankfully, the Prudential Center is just two blocks from Newark Penn Station, and connected to Newark Broad Street Station by "frequent, convenient bus service." (Check out the map below.) And you can take the PATH directly to the arena from any of the PATH stations in Manhattan; it supposedly takes about 40 minutes to get there from 33rd Street. But what about getting home after the last notes of "Street Spirit" have dissolved exultantly into the mellow house music? According to the venue's website, "the PATH coordinates with Prudential Center in an effort to accommodate late night customers returning from scheduled events."

Tickets go on sale March 8th for the band's two nights in Newark, on May 31st and June 1st. They'll also play a third show in New Jersey, in Camden, on June 13th! Guess Radiohead just loooooves the Garden State. Fine. We guess we should just be grateful they're not playing the Meadowlands—never forget what happened to those poor, poor U2 fans in 2009.

Contact the author of this article or email [email protected] with further questions, comments or tips.

YOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF, WHEN I SEE "CANADA TOUR DATES" GET ALL EXCITED AND THEN SEE IT'S JUST MONTREAL AND TORONTO. HOLY FUCK. CANADA HAS A WEST COAST TOO, WORLD! READ A FUCKING MAP.

But seriously, the fact that they are going to Seattle and completely ignoring Vancouver is definitely a "fuck you Vancouver" (IMO) for all the shit that happened in the past at their concerts here.

I'm allowed to be a little bitter, but still happy for everyone who's in the East coast and gets to see them!

/rant

It would have to be the week after I leave there. :angry:
You're going to be in Detroit? Porque?

Oh, and the local news hardly ever has stories on concerts until after the fact (or shortly before). Why did they have to announce it? Hopefully it won't ruin my chance at the presale. :angry:

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/entertainment/music/radiohead-adds-detroit-to-2012-world-tour