✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Samsung AT&T Summer Krush Concert Series, Los Angeles

If I won 2 free tickets, I would be looking for a nice guy to give the other one to. I want a ticket so bad. I hope in the future Coldplay will sell their tickets fairly instead of trying to win them. I have won free tickets for other bands in the past, but they had lots of them for sale at the box office.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone! Long time Coldplaying lurker, first time poster here :D

One of my friends won't be able to make the show after all so I am selling 1 floor ticket. The seat is practically dead center (Section 303, Row 1, Seat 12) so you'll definitely have a great/full view of the stage. I am going to the show myself (but will be seated in another section) so I can meet you outside LATC or in the Westwood area in general since I am a UCLA student. PM me if you're interested--thanks!!

As a follow-up to the earlier discussion about what kinds of cameras are allowed, this is an excerpt from my VIP e-mail details...

ITEMS NOT PERMITTED IN VENUE: Please note the following items are not permitted at the venue. In addition to these items, additional restrictions may apply based on local venue policies. Please contact the venue directly or visit the venue’s website for a list of additional restrictions that may apply.

• Professional Cameras (No Detachable Lenses)

• Video Recording Devices

• Audio Recording Devices

• Banners / Signs

• Food / Beverages

• Backpacks / Large Bags

Jason

If you go to subhub and hover over certain sections, section 11 isn't selling tickets, and I feel that is where the free ticket people will sit. There are other sections that state NO tickets, but the seats are closer to the stage they are most likley already been sold, but I can't imagine sec. 11 being sold out, I could be wrong:\

Unbelievable that sec. 2 can have cheaper seats than sec. 8,9, 10.

I need some help...

Usually when I go to a Coldplay concert, I wear a simple t-shirt and shorts, however, because I'll be in the VIP section, I'm not sure to wear. I don't want to show up in t-shirt and shorts and be undressed . Conversely, I don't want to wear a full suit and be over dressed.

Input from any gentlemen (or ladies) that have the VIP tickets would be greatly appreciated. My fiancee already has her entire outfit picked out and I'm at a total loss, so I thought asking on here couldn't hurt. I usually don't give much effort into how I look, however, I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm thinking black slacks and a dress shirt?

Thanks!!

I need some help...

Usually when I go to a Coldplay concert, I wear a simple t-shirt and shorts, however, because I'll be in the VIP section, I'm not sure to wear. I don't want to show up in t-shirt and shorts and be undressed . Conversely, I don't want to wear a full suit and be over dressed.

Input from any gentlemen (or ladies) that have the VIP tickets would be greatly appreciated. My fiancee already has her entire outfit picked out and I'm at a total loss, so I thought asking on here couldn't hurt. I usually don't give much effort into how I look, however, I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm thinking black slacks and a dress shirt?

Thanks!!

I don't plan to dress up at all. I'm wearing jeans, tennis shoes, and a Coldplay shirt. I paid a lot, so I don't owe anyone an explanation. Haha.

If I won 2 free tickets, I would be looking for a nice guy to give the other one to. I want a ticket so bad. I hope in the future Coldplay will sell their tickets fairly instead of trying to win them. I have won free tickets for other bands in the past, but they had lots of them for sale at the box office.

Hi i bought 1 ticket on ticketmaster on section 17, row 12, seat 14 for 115 dollars, then i won 2 tickets so if you want i can sell you my ticket for 115 dollars. I will need to pick the ticket at the vanue at will call, and than we can meet and i will give it to you :D let me know

bye bye

^Ah, high school senior. I remember those days. Good luck with those apps!

Thanks! I'm so nervous about applying! :P

EWWWW USC?!? No! What does everyone at USC have in common? They didn't get into UCLA. :laugh3: I graduated from UCLA in 2008, so Im partial to it.

haha what if I get into both? :lol: ah...I really don't know right now where I want to go to tell you the truth...

As a follow-up to the earlier discussion about what kinds of cameras are allowed, this is an excerpt from my VIP e-mail details...

Jason

Looks like I won't be taking my poster then since it was on that list of prohibited items.

I was one who succumbed to the "buying the free giveaway tickets" thing, because I did not have enough money to pay for two separate tickets. However, it says the tickets are non-transferable and I'm getting a bit worried even though the person who sold them to me provided a clause that if the tickets don't work I get a full refund. it was done through paypal, so that would help in the case of a scam. But the tickets have my mom's name on them (I'm assuming because when the person eamiled me thats the primary account name that shows up), so I'm hoping it'll be fine. That brings me to my next point, my mom's not even going with me though, but if I take a photocopy of her id/passport will I be alright? sorry for the rant; its my first coldplay concert. thanks to anyone who sheds light on these issues

I was one who succumbed to the "buying the free giveaway tickets" thing, because I did not have enough money to pay for two separate tickets. However, it says the tickets are non-transferable and I'm getting a bit worried even though the person who sold them to me provided a clause that if the tickets don't work I get a full refund. it was done through paypal, so that would help in the case of a scam. But the tickets have my mom's name on them (I'm assuming because when the person eamiled me thats the primary account name that shows up), so I'm hoping it'll be fine. That brings me to my next point, my mom's not even going with me though, but if I take a photocopy of her id/passport will I be alright? sorry for the rant; its my first coldplay concert. thanks to anyone who sheds light on these issues

You can still win tix everyday until August 2nd here!: http://www.samsungsummerkrush2011.com/location.aspx?city=Los%20Angeles

:D

You shouldn't have to buy a ticket that is free. :\ I don't even really know how that would work if that person won the tickets under their name. :\ But you say that person entered your mom's info?

Just keep trying at random times throughout the day...usually mornings around 10am works...but sometimes it's just some random time. Good luck! :)

Oh and don't worry about the promo code. People have been winning without entering one. ;)

All I know about the tickets ai this.

The printed ticket must have your name on it, if your Moms name is on it then she must go to the ticket line with a valid ID to match the ticket. You will not be able to use your Moms Id.

I so hate saying that, but iduran is right, you shouldn't have paid for the free tickets, can't you Mom go with you???? Please go to the Summer Krush website and try to win tickets, most everyone on here has had luck with winning, a few pages back tell you exactly what you need to do to win.

7 day's..... or 6 depending on if your counting today:lol:

VIP WEAR....... I would dress according to how your girlfriend is dressing, if she's wearing a skirt then black pants and a shirt to match is fine. Wearing jeans and a dressy shirt always looks good on guy's!!!!

On that note, I still have no idea what to wear, and coming from Florida being sooooo Hot, I don't know if Cali weather will feel cool to me compared to those of you who live there, LOL decisions, decisions!!!!

Any guesses on whether the better seats will be given to people who show up early- or if seat distribution (assuming the free tix are not GA Pit tix) will be totally random?

ie. if I show up at 5:30 and wait in line for the gate to open, will I have a better chance of a closer seat, rather than if I showed up at 7:30?

Any guesses on whether the better seats will be given to people who show up early- or if seat distribution (assuming the free tix are not GA Pit tix) will be totally random?

ie. if I show up at 5:30 and wait in line for the gate to open, will I have a better chance of a closer seat, rather than if I showed up at 7:30?

I work with artist's that come thru a venue, I take care of the different wants and needs of the band members and the singer, and I know any tickets won or the bands guest lists already have printed tickets out, so I don't believe there is a first come first serve. Your ticket might even already have your name and seat# and tucked into an envelope by now.:)

Hi everyone, I've been crazy busy this week, but I will out together a contact list of Coldplayers who want to meet up today or tomorrow. If you haven't done so already, pm me your email and cell number. I graduated from UCLA, but that was a long time ago, so I'm not even sure where a good meet up place place would be. So if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

This is my first Coldplay concert... but am still not sure of the details... The show starts at 8 and the doors open at 6:30? If I already bought tickets should I still get there when doors open? Any other advice for first time concert goer?

@MartinFan It's hot here! My high for today is 95 degrees and at night 67...but Los Angeles might be a little bit different. Hmm..well I'm only an hour away. :P However, I think Florida is more humid and still around the same temperature as here so it might not feel as hot for you here. Either way...I think you should wear something that you would feel cool in. I don't think you have to worry about it being cold here. :lol:

Edit: okay so I looked up the expected weather for the day.

Los Angeles:High 81°F,Overnight Low 64°F.

Seems like a nice day. :)

Wow. I just randomly checked the samsung site and managed to win some free tickets! iduran20, thank you VERY much for encouraging me to try and win them. Now I have two of these things.

Yay! That's great! :D Now go tell that person that you want your money back! :D And no problem. :)

give-aways[/color] are in the sort of 'obstructed' section 18, which here looks pretty much behind the stage....

39392s_a.gif

....which is slightly a bummer, but you know, gift horse and all.....no complaining.

yeah that's what I'm thinking they are at too. But it's okay, like you said no complaining. I just wanted to be there. :D