✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why do Coldplay get so much hate?

Kiame

What I am tired of is the nonsensical hate. Yes, people hate them because they play slower music (obviously have not heard 1:36 or Politik Live or the new Glastonbury GPASOYF live), but to go around on message boards and say they are gay, or Chris is gay and his marriage is a sham, a cover for him being gay, that's what I'm tired of. It's not even constructive criticism, which they say they learn from (watched a lot of Youtube interviews over the weekend). And I think Chris is hated because of Gwyneth, people thinks she feels holier than thou, and therefore that makes him Mr. Holier than thou. I've always thought, if you hate a genre of music, or band, or artist, don't listen to them. Don't go on a message board and declare them all homosexuals!

True. I don't know what to say. People are stupid? Yes, but I don't get why people seem to get enjoyment out of saying untrue and completely irrational stuff about anyone, not just celebrities. :shrug:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure, but there was a lot of hate direct at Gwyneth Paltrow in the thread about her. I think it is just jealousy there. A certain type of fan girl actually has a part of their brain that believes they will meet and marry Chris Martin, so naturally Gwyneth is hated for that.

omg.... who is this fanatic groupie who criticize Gwyneth and want meet and marry Chris... ? :shocked2:

is a right not to love.

One can love one without love the other.

Here, it's a Coldplay forum, not a Gwyneth forum.

Fans of her, have the right to loving her and the band, or loving her and hate the band...

The fans of band have right to loving her or hate her. Do you know what's the freedom?

LA+LIBERTE+GUIDANT+LE+PEUPLE+-+EUGENE+DELACROIX+-+1833.jpg ;)

this woman is Marianne, she is French nationality

and this is not the wife of Will but Guy have a french gf .

Will can sing Marianne for his wife as Guy for his gf because is a French fan

Coldplay fans are still not familiar with their band real :dozey:

and me so.... I look my avatar :drunk:

this woman is Marianne, she is French nationality

and this is not the wife of Will but Guy have a french gf .

Will can sing Marianne for his wife as Guy for his gf because is a French fan

Coldplay fans are still not familiar with their band real :dozey:

and me so.... I look my avatar :drunk:

I know... I'm french

Merci :lol:

Conclusion of this thread: Everyone has the right to think what they wants. Love or hate, or, why not love and hate at same time :pimp2:

:escaping3:

So the initial question was Why do Coldplay get so much hate? Which I think has as much to do with angst by hateful types who have an allergic reaction to anything deep or emotionally sensitive, humble, diverse, creative, or otherwise of a higher intellectual order.

They're just Oscars popping out of the garbage cans to shout denouncements, that's all. So ignore them or only respond to their better nature; they're insignificant in the advancement of human understanding.

Some see only one color; the monochromatic types. They get testy whenever the full spectrum appears, as it hurts their eyes.

Says the person who goes hating on Gaga a fair amount of time.

Totally erroneous. I have stated on countless occasions that I do not 'hate' any performer, and I harbour no animosity towards Gaga on a personal level, (which is what this discussion is all about).

I can't stand anything about her as a performer (sound, image, hype), and she makes herself an easy target for satire, but that is all.:smug:

As I also stated previously, if anyone wants to criticise Coldplay or Chris himself from those points of view, then fine.

As far as I can tell, there is no reason for anyone to 'hate' him or Gwyneth as people, though, unless I'm missing something.:dozey:

I don't hate her because she's with Chris. I like the music of the band and I find Chris, Guy, Johnny & Will cute and nice guys but I'm not jealous of their wives. It would ridiculous because they are not jealous of my husband :lol:

I don't like gwyneth, and it's simply because I don't like her for many reasons, I find her very bad actress and she's overexposed in magazines, since some time I don't buy ELLE or Cosmo because she's always inside and I'm bored about her.

I've seen movies and I don't like her acting and her face that reminds me an ostrich :embarrassed:

I know... I'm french

Merci :lol:

Conclusion of this thread: Everyone has the right to think what they wants. Love or hate, or, why not love and hate at same time :pimp2:

:escaping3:

you are french is cool , me speak just french, but I am not french, I am from swiss but 100% Italian .

is not bitch of mens and not decorative object of a man :dozey:

1289717963_1024x768_sexy-gwyneth-paltrow.jpg

I made the same recipe, spaghetti zucchinis........ yum I invent in my kitchen but zucchinis grill with olives oil without flour. and white wine. and fungis. and parmesan cheese and toast crumbs... yum :wacky:

http://www.jackiereeve.com/?p=7158

bon-app-gwyneth-june-2011.jpg

I invite Gwyneth but not her husband (or ex will know) sorry :botoxlips: