✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why do Coldplay get so much hate?

Kiame

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand hate towards politicians, e.g., or other people, who seriously influence lifes of people, who can't do much to avoid them, but musicians?

And being a fangirl - it's definitely fun, it helps to forget about everyday problems :P

being a fangirl isn't bad per se, the problem is when they can't accept criticism and turn every little criticism post into a huge deal about why coldplay is perfect in every single way. Hate and criticism are two different things.

I accept that people don't like Coldplay, but if we're talking about hate, there's no reason to hate people you don't know. Especially since the member of Coldplay happen to be especially nice people as far as the public can see.

I can understand hate towards politicians, e.g., or other people, who seriously influence lifes of people, who can't do much to avoid them, but musicians?

And being a fangirl - it's definitely fun, it helps to forget about everyday problems :P

Right! If they make me happy, then I shouldn't give a d*mn about what other people think. :)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Ok, but still,

why do some people genuinely hate any musician? I still don't get it. Did they do something to them personally? Because that would be a legible reason for hate.

if I don't like some kind of music, I can simply not listen to it. Especially nowadays, when you have so many possibilities, you don't have to listen to the radio, watch music televisions, you can mix the music you like for yourself and just simply ignore the music you don't like. Why hate?

I can perfectly accept that there are people who don't like Coldplay's music, but why the hate?

There are loads of musicians I don't like therefore I don't listen to them and that is it.

I can understand when a music critic criticizes their music, but that has nothing to do with hate. It should be professional, unbiased.

I can understand the fun being made of fangirliness on the messageboard, even if I am feeling fangirly quite often, and my friends make fun of me as well, but that is not Coldplay's fault, is it?

You have just said it ALL!!

I accept that people don't like Coldplay, but if we're talking about hate, there's no reason to hate people you don't know. Especially since the member of Coldplay happen to be especially nice people as far as the public can see.

Another good point.

Guys.

Almost everyone who bashes Coldplay is not jealous.

Coldplay and its members are not perfect .

Some people genuinely hate them.

Yes, it is possible.

No, those people are not brainless.

Many of them probably think you are brainless.

Your views are not everyone's views, nor should they be.

Stop being so clueless.

Stop being so biased.

Stop being hypocrites.

Stop trying to convince yourself of things.

Face reality.

I agree.

But I still don't understand the all hating thing on Coldplay or any other bands. When you don't enjoy someone's music, you give it a few tries and then you forget it, that's it. I never got the point of expatiating on why is a band "terrible" because it's all about tastes in the end. I find it pretty immature to be honest.

I agree.

But I still don't understand the all hating thing on Coldplay or any other bands. When you don't enjoy someone's music, you give it a few tries and then you forget it, that's it. I never got the point of expatiating on why is a band "terrible" because it's all about tastes in the end. I find it pretty immature to be honest.

There's no excuse for "hating" anyone if they haven't done you any personal harm or done anything irl that warrants being despised (i.e. extreme actions such as murder, terrorism, corruption, cruelty or abuse).

Simply stating that you think a singer or band (including Coldplay) is "terrible" isn't hatred.

There's no reason to "hate" fangirls, either, as they're not doing anyone any harm by displaying extreme love for a performer.;)

So the big question is, why do people deem it necessary to try to find a way to criticise them (or indeed Gwyneth) on a personal level?:confused:

I'm not sure, but there was a lot of hate direct at Gwyneth Paltrow in the thread about her. I think it is just jealousy there. A certain type of fan girl actually has a part of their brain that believes they will meet and marry Chris Martin, so naturally Gwyneth is hated for that.

being a fangirl isn't bad per se, the problem is when they can't accept criticism and turn every little criticism post into a huge deal about why coldplay is perfect in every single way. Hate and criticism are two different things.

We get it!

None of us are talking about criticism. Read the opening post :)

I'm talking about sheer hatred. Insulting the band personally. I'm not calling it "hate" when someone says they don't like Coldplay. You're talking about something completely different to what I made the thread about.

I will never understand why some people think everyone who dislikes or says something about something must be jealous.

Go to the Gwyneth thread and read the comments there. The hate is clearly spurred on by jealousy.

Go to the Gwyneth thread and read the comments there. The hate is clearly spurred on by jealousy.

is a right not to love.

One can love one without love the other.

Here, it's a Coldplay forum, not a Gwyneth forum.

Fans of her, have the right to loving her and the band, or loving her and hate the band...

The fans of band have right to loving her or hate her. Do you know what's the freedom?

LA+LIBERTE+GUIDANT+LE+PEUPLE+-+EUGENE+DELACROIX+-+1833.jpg ;)

Why people hate Coldplay

Please remember that I don't hate Coldplay for any of these reasons. This is just what I've seen on the internet.

They're a rip off of Radiohead and U2

No loud guitars and their music is too soft

They stole if I could fly

The ruined here comes the sun

Chris's voice is annoying especially in falsetto

It's the culture of Radiohead fans to hate Coldplay, and there are a lot of Radiohead fans

It seems to me like there isn't an answer to this question. I wish that hate didn't exist in any way, but what can we do? Nothing. We can't change how others feel, we can try to persuade them, but that's all. I guess I really don't care why some people hate Coldplay, because I just feel sorry about how much their missing. No matter how futile the reason.

I'm not sure, but there was a lot of hate direct at Gwyneth Paltrow in the thread about her. I think it is just jealousy there. A certain type of fan girl actually has a part of their brain that believes they will meet and marry Chris Martin, so naturally Gwyneth is hated for that.

If somebody is that obsessive, I can sort of understand the 'hatred' (as irrational as it is), although I could never condone it.:dozey:

We get it!

None of us are talking about criticism. Read the opening post :)

I'm talking about sheer hatred. Insulting the band personally. I'm not calling it "hate" when someone says they don't like Coldplay. You're talking about something completely different to what I made the thread about.

Yes, that's pretty much what I said too.;)

is a right not to love.

One can love one without love the other.

Here, it's a Coldplay forum, not a Gwyneth forum.

Fans of her, have the right to loving her and the band, or loving her and hate the band...

The fans of band have right to loving her or hate her. Do you know what's the freedom?

Nobody is denying others the "right" to 'hate' Gwyneth, if they so wish. I just don't get it, as she always comes across very well whenever she's interviewed on TV - not high and mighty or full of airs and graces like certain other 'Hollywood' stars.:confused:

Why people hate Coldplay

Please remember that I don't hate Coldplay for any of these reasons. This is just what I've seen on the internet.

They're a rip off of Radiohead and U2

No loud guitars and their music is too soft

They stole if I could fly

The ruined here comes the sun

Chris's voice is annoying especially in falsetto

It's the culture of Radiohead fans to hate Coldplay, and there are a lot of Radiohead fans

Again, none of that is 'hatred', just personal taste. I find Thom Yorke's voice excruciatingly annoying, so I can understand if others find Chris's voice annoying.;)

It seems to me like there isn't an answer to this question. I wish that hate didn't exist in any way, but what can we do? Nothing. We can't change how others feel, we can try to persuade them, but that's all. I guess I really don't care why some people hate Coldplay, because I just feel sorry about how much their missing. No matter how futile the reason.

Well said.

The short answer: it's slow music, and Americans hate slow music.

The longer answer would be multiple things, but to start off, every band gets a lot hate, regardless of their popularity; or even if it seems they are wildly unpopular. But, like I stated, Americans really, really hate slow music. At least, today's generation does. Coldplay just is not the norm in the music industry, currently, and because of that, people seem to judge their music based on what other's have told them some of the time.

Of course, people will just generally dislike the band because they simply don't like the style, and there is nothing wrong with that. That is like with me and mainstream music. I have just never been interested in it and it isn't because I'm trying to be different, it's just because I really do not like it. It isn't for me.

I'm on a rabbit trail, but now I am done.

Ignore what I said. This is the truth.

Exactly :D

Besides, we should be grateful to those that dnt like coldplay. They are doing us a favor! Can u imagine trying to get tickets to a coldplay concert if all the haters suddenly loved coldplay

it would be impossible to get tickets :lol:

So when I get annoyed by the haters, I think about that and feel better :D lol.

What I am tired of is the nonsensical hate. Yes, people hate them because they play slower music (obviously have not heard 1:36 or Politik Live or the new Glastonbury GPASOYF live), but to go around on message boards and say they are gay, or Chris is gay and his marriage is a sham, a cover for him being gay, that's what I'm tired of. It's not even constructive criticism, which they say they learn from (watched a lot of Youtube interviews over the weekend). And I think Chris is hated because of Gwyneth, people thinks she feels holier than thou, and therefore that makes him Mr. Holier than thou. I've always thought, if you hate a genre of music, or band, or artist, don't listen to them. Don't go on a message board and declare them all homosexuals!