✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts like Bruce Springsteen?

Contra4you

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me they're very different, there is just a small resemble betwen then. For a relly similar one look out for Spanish Rain and then listen to Dacincing In The Dark.

Besides that, the discussion was not civilized at all, come down people, it's just music.

it's just music.

Cant really say that Music is JUST music for me. :confused:

Edit:

I just Remembered myself when watching "Dancing in the Dark"

I have to say Spanish Rain does sound like Dancing in the Dark.

Maybe Bruce agreed with Coldplay to make this Song, because i dont think we will hear any Studio version of "Spanish Rain" so i dont really think there will be some Plagiarism problems

I recall the Grammys 2009 When Coldplay played Lost with Jay-z and Viva La Vida and Chris sang a reference to Bruce' "Working on a dream"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvmeTosUnOY&feature=related]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvmeTosUnOY&feature=related[/ame]

4:23

"Working on a dream sometimes feels so far away"

Dancing in the Dark is a fantastic song, and just about the only by Bruce Springsteen song I do listen to or have on my ipod.

While I'll admit there are some minor similarities, they are definitely not "exactly alike" as you put it. Especially considering the MX part has a great consistency in the synth rhythm than Dancing in the Dark. Also it doesn't have that signature drum beat. I'll be honest, he would have no case against Coldplay. Satriani had much more of a case than Springsteen would with this song. Both songs you proposed in question are amazing though.

Think what you want. I proved it. For me you are a bastard poser and you are here to turn our eyes against Coldplay. I really hope you'll get fucked soon to stop searching shit about Coldplay.

YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO APPRECIATE A COLDPLAY CONCERT SINCE YOU HAS NO SOUL

Thank you for you to show me only that but I really lies. If you are sure you'd be that you're right, my statement you would not take it so personally. It's just sad that someone like you're in a forum where it indeed comes to be with other people who might once have a different opinion than you.

Many thanks to you who have participated in this "discussion", as there have been people here but that will not accept as their own opinion, I apologize to have opened this topic with you. And again, I have nothing against Coldplay. I have almost all singles, LP's and EP's and I love her music so much that they are my favorite band, although I also bands like Pink Floyd, the Doors and Radiohead hear.

I just wanted to hear your opinion on because I thought that this is a forum here, a place of communication, the exchange between fans. I hope you not angry with me since.

• 2 weeks later...
Awww that's nice of you, you want him to get fucked soon :laugh2:

Whatever you do, NEVER swear in a language unfamiliar to you, it's just a bad idea.

:lol:

Secondly, as a HUGE Coldplay fan....Chris' melody in an undisclosed portion of Hurts Like Heaven sounds OBVIOUSLY reminiscent of Springsteen in Dancing In The Dark.

If you cannot hear the similarity, well, I'm not saying you have no ear for this kind of thing, but, you have no ear for this kind of thing!!

In closing, as I'm sure I will get hammered as others have on this thread, just enjoy the damn music. No one on this site is losing any money, royalties, or hopefully sleep over this. Rest assured that Hurts Like Heaven will be played for years to come for us all to enjoy regardless of our feelings towards its likenesses (or not) to another song.

========================================================

You will never speak about Chris Martin being 'inspired' by others when I know he was not, at least in my presence, guy;

Hahaha the most I listen to this song, the most I laugh

IF, anyone here still have a doubt about Coldplay, Ladies and Gentleman,

THIS is Hurts Like Heaven

*link removed*

And THIS is the LIVE version of Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the Dark:

*link removed*

AS you can see NOT the same tempo, NOT the same bass, NOT the same guitar, NOT the same drums.

If you STILL have some doubt, this guy showed us the LIVE version of the song.

THIS is the real song

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEJ26h_cBqQ]‪Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the Dark (Lyrics)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

That's the Satriani just again. IF you believe this guy, you believe in Satriani.

You say you like Coldplay? If you like Coldplay, STOP comparing them and listen to the song and it's over.

THE END

==========================================================

Chris was, and is very much so influenced by Bruce. In Rolling Stone he said he would follow him to Mt Zion and listen intently to every word he said.

I never asked your ideas.This forum is free for posting good things about Coldplay and everyone can post. If you don't want to see me writing in the way I want, and I WILL still write this way, you are free to go away ;)

And you, be sure to get paid if you want to support someone blindly even if this person is wrong. I guess you think he is right... I don't care

Its obvious by your language and diction that you lack basic intelligence necessary for even the simplest of debates and conversations. How about educating yourself in some more suitable and diverse word choice before delving into a topic that is apparently very dear to your simpleton soul.

That song also sounds like Spanish Rain. Does it mean that they stole it? No, sometimes they might sound a like, but maybe he has never even heard that song.

And, dude it's just a song.

CALM THE SHIT DOWN

Good artists borrow, great artists steal. Remember that.

The song really remembers me of HLH. Course the notes and riffs aren't the same, but the chords and progressions ARE actually similar. Look @ 2:25~2:45, it is very similar to the transitions we hear when it goes "so on a concrete canvas under cover of dark / concrete canvas I go making my mark [...] / yoou oooh...". INDEED!

• 2 weeks later...

No... lol I'm sorry I don't see the similarity :\ . I don't think they sound very much alike. I like very much, though, that Hurts Like Heaven's title is like The Cure's Just Like Heaven.

Before you call me captain obvious :P I don't think the title is the only similarity. Both the songs have this awesome New Wave atmosphere about them. The simple bass-drum/snare combo, the glittering guitars, the beat-keeping bass guitar and the synthesizers.

Sure they're completely different in their own respective form, but they have that New Wave sound in common! And I think they sound more alike than Coldplay and 'The Boss'. :braces:

Compare yourself! Hopefully I'm not the only who sees it. Umm... I'd also like to point out Chris Martin doesn't look AT ALL like Robert Smith.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS_ux2H473I]The Cure - Just Like Heaven - YouTube[/ame]

• 1 month later...
Im sorry for this pun. I like Hurts like heaven, it has a beautiful Sound!

But, so we come to my question, Hurts like heaven sounds exactly like

Dancing in the dark from Bruce Springsteen.

Please tell me if it looks the same, or very different.

This is not a criticism of Coldplay and their sound. I love Coldplay and am as happy as you are all determined on the new album.

Here is the comparison:

Coldplay - Hurts like Heaven

Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the dark

No this isnt stolen thank god for that.

========================================================

You will never speak about Chris Martin being 'inspired' by others when I know he was not, at least in my presence, guy;

Hahaha the most I listen to this song, the most I laugh

IF, anyone here still have a doubt about Coldplay, Ladies and Gentleman,

THIS is Hurts Like Heaven

*link removed*

And THIS is the LIVE version of Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the Dark:

*link removed*

AS you can see NOT the same tempo, NOT the same bass, NOT the same guitar, NOT the same drums.

If you STILL have some doubt, this guy showed us the LIVE version of the song.

THIS is the real song

That's the Satriani just again. IF you believe this guy, you believe in Satriani.

You say you like Coldplay? If you like Coldplay, STOP comparing them and listen to the song and it's over.

THE END

==========================================================

I havent read the rest of the comments that followed but I completely agree with my friend here. Not a single similarity.