✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay and Noel Gallagher to battle album charts

Acquiesce

Coldplay and Noel Gallagher are set to battle each other in the album charts this autumn.

The former Oasis guitarist releases his debut solo album

'Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds' on October 17.

And now The Sun reports that Coldplay's as-yet-untitled

fifth album is scheduled to come out a week later.

Coldplay famously replaced Oasis at the album summit in 2005

when they released their third album 'X&Y' a week after the Manchester band's 'Don't Believe The Truth'.

Coldplay have been working on their new album with Brian Eno and Markus Dravs.

NoelGallagher02DC050411_reasonably_small.jpg

g8wrv5f4378yfgb4649e.jpg

http://www.gigwise.com/news/65124/Coldplay-And-Noel-Gallagher-Set-For-Autumn-Album-Battle

tha ! who'll win ? :sneaky:

Guest howyousawtheworld
Battle? Noel was actually in a band with big name recognition last time.

I think the real battle will be which one will suck less, and also whether they'll suck less than Beady Eye.

Oooh you are cynical. With both acts will it be good enough to live up to the reputations they set themselves. I have full confidence that Noel will and that he can prpduce his best album since Oasis mid 90s (hated the fact he handed out songwriting duties to other members in years past) but even after hearing the new Coldplay songs like Hurts Like Heaven and Charlie Brown which I think are brilliant I'm quite fearful that they will drop a right stinker or two like ETIAW in there and ruin the whole thing.

I think if Noel's solo album is anything like "Teotihuacan" (which is the only song produced by any party of Oasis that I've heard and liked), it may actually prove to be quite good. I can't really say for sure, though, given that song was, as far as I know, merely part of the "X-Files" soundtrack and may not be related to anything else he's done at all. :anxious:

Guest howyousawtheworld
I think if Noel's solo album is anything like "Teotihuacan" (which is the only song produced by any party of Oasis that I've heard and liked), it may actually prove to be quite good. I can't really say for sure, though, given that song was, as far as I know, merely part of the "X-Files" soundtrack and may not be related to anything else he's done at all. :anxious:

I think Ian Brown sampled Teotihuacan in a single of his a few years back but it was only just produced by Gallagher for the movie. Which is a shame because it was something very different. But I can expect something very different for the album Gallagher is releasing some time next year.

I'm probably more looking forward to that one than the one in October as it's produced by Amorphous Adrogynous. If the 22 minute Falling Down remix done by Noel and AA is anything to go by it should be quite something to listen to!

Guest howyousawtheworld
A 22-minute remix? D: As a person who typically doesn't like remixes at all, that sounds atrocious.

:laugh3: I doubt Noel Gallagher will have a 22 minute track on his second album however. I'm no fan of remixes anyway but when I heard that I thought it was fantastic.

A 22-minute remix? D: As a person who typically doesn't like remixes at all, that sounds atrocious.

It's actually a 4-parts remix. If I'm not mistaken, parts 1&2 were Oasis b-sides, while 3&4 were on the Amorphous Androgynous' compilation album. They're also producing his second album, which makes me looking forward to it more than his debut, out of curiosity more than anything else tbh.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgdHUMIFGzY]‪Oasis Falling Down (A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Mix part 1 and 2)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79tb1qlHDb0]‪Oasis Falling Down (A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Mix part 3 and 4)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Guest howyousawtheworld
And it was worth listening to it for 22 minutes? That had to have been some remix.

Oh, and this is completely off-topic, but I like your avi. It's quite lovely. :smiley:

For me it was worth listening to for 22 minutes. Although it made me disappointed that Oasis could have worked with people like Amorphous Adrogynous and taken a completely different sound but decided not to.

Oh and thanks for the avi compliment! It's a place called Glencoe in the West of Scotland. It's quite a lonely, spooky place so I don't think I'd like to have a cottage there!

It's actually a 4-parts remix. If I'm not mistaken, parts 1&2 were Oasis b-sides, while 3&4 were on the Amorphous Androgynous' compilation album. They're also producing his second album, which makes me looking forward to it more than his debut, out of curiosity more than anything else tbh.

Oh, so it's like Sigur Rós' "Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do," when the parts could be split up and/or played one right after the other. That makes sense.

For me it was worth listening to for 22 minutes. Although it made me disappointed that Oasis could have worked with people like Amorphous Adrogynous and taken a completely different sound but decided not to.

Oh and thanks for the avi compliment! It's a place called Glencoe in the West of Scotland. It's quite a lonely, spooky place so I don't think I'd like to have a cottage there!

Well, I'm not a fan of Oasis, anyway, so that wouldn't really bother me, I don't think.

Your avi reminded me of Scotland, honestly. That's your country, isn't it?

Guest howyousawtheworld
Oh, so it's like Sigur Rós' "Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do," when the parts could be split up and/or played one right after the other. That makes sense.

Well, I'm not a fan of Oasis, anyway, so that wouldn't really bother me, I don't think.

Your avi reminded me of Scotland, honestly. That's your country, isn't it?

It is indeed!

Who said that there , what will suck the less ?

Noel Gallaghers album WILL be very good ,

and not because I just believe that...

Because there are 5 or more songs already leaked , a year ago....

Which he'll now put on the album ...

Why do people think Liam or Noel suck , because they're not together ? :thinking:

I'm sure 'most of/all Oasis fans will buy Noels album , and Coldplay is losing fans at the moment so ....

:/

Guest howyousawtheworld
Who said that there , what will suck the less ?

Noel Gallaghers album WILL be very good ,

and not because I just believe that...

Because there are 5 or more songs already leaked , a year ago....

Which he'll now put on the album ...

Why do people think Liam or Noel suck , because they're not together ? :thinking:

I'm sure 'most of/all Oasis fans will buy Noels album , and Coldplay is losing fans at the moment so ....

:/

Well exactly. I certainly can't say Noel sucks. And there's great reason to say he doesn't. I really do believe George Martin when he said Noel is the greatest songwriter of his generation. Praise doesn't come much higher.

There's a Stop The Clocks soundcheck somewhere on youtube (not the demo). It sounds really good and much better than the demo from nearly a decade ago.

Noel is the greatest songwriter[/color] of his generation. Praise doesn't come much higher.

There's a Stop The Clocks soundcheck somewhere on youtube (not the demo). It sounds really good and much better than the demo from nearly a decade ago.

I Agree ;)

And yeah , I saw that one , 'Everybody's on the run' , and "Record machine" , and "If I had a Gun" ,are all on youtube too ,and the sound is good :wacky:

can't wait :mellow:

• 1 month later...