✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 10th Mixtape Exchange (Tapes due Mon., Aug. 8 @ 5 pm CST (GMT -6))

Violet

Okay, I'd like to start off my saying sorry D: It's just one of styles of music I am not in to. Besides being a tad long, imo, it worked well as a tracklist and there was a good flow through most of it ..but yeah

Hey, I'm your mixtape maker :)

No worries about not liking it, to be honest I didn't have a clue what kind of thing you were into (except Arcade Fire :P). I actually went through 20 pages of your posts to see if you posted about music :\ Thanks for the review though!

:)

1. Superunknown - Soundgarden
  2. Dead Star - Muse
  3. Eradicate The Doubt - Biffy Clyro
  4. R-Evolve - 30 Seconds To Mars
  5. Losing All Control - Rooney
  6. Omission - John Frusciante
  7. Soul To Squeeze - Red Hot Chili Peppers
  8. Vancouver - Jeff Buckley
  9. Only Heart - John Mayer
  10. Lovely Fool - Jack Savoretti
  11. Your Protector - Fleet Foxes
  12. Colour Of The Trap - Miles Kane
  13. Oh Me - Meat Puppets
  14. If Ever - Foo Fighters
  15. Dumb - Nirvana
  16. Bruises -I Am Arrows
  17. Your Decision - Alice In Chains
  18. Highway Kind - Soulsavers

http://www.mediafire.com/?vc7glzf3zwffuyc

If anyone else wants to download it... (please? :cry:)

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay! so this is my second time listening through this mixtape, and overall it's quite gewd and I like it :nice: reviewing the tracks as I go.

Track 1 - I really like this one. Just a guitar, but whoever's playing it really knows what they're doing, because this sounds technically really difficult, and they're doing a bunch of interesting things with this guitar -- there's a lot of stuff going on with it musically speaking, and it all works together really well and cohesively. I want to know who's playing it because they got skillzzz. I wish I could play an instrument like this. Sounds like an acoustic session or something? There's applause at the end, so that's why I assume it's from a session.

Track 2 - Another live track, but this time obviously in a stadium, because the crowd's a lot rowdier (not to mention actually audible). Sounds like they're shouting "Go Biffy!" at the beginning -- is this Biffy Clyro? I've never listened to them. (Unless they're saying "Billy" or something, which would be embarrassing.) Kind of emo/punkyrock sounding? Really different from the first track. I don't like it as much but it's not bad.

Track 3 - absolutely yes. Kiara by Bonobo. I love this album so much. It's so good. It's the perfect chill-out music ever and it's great and you're my fucking hero for putting this song on. I dig this song/album/artist so much. augh. you're my favorite. Jesus. Let's get married and have smart and beautiful babies with good taste in music together.

Track 4 - This song is backwards. (Unless it's supposed to be like that.) I dig it. Did you make it backwards just cuz you like to listen to it that way, or is it legit supposed to sound this way? Actually hold on. I know a way to figure it out. Okay I figured it out. I played it backwards in Audacity and it sounds fucking demented and horrible, so I assume you didn't just turn a song backwards for the purposes of this mixtape, but it's a legit song. Problem resolved. I do like this song, but it's hard to critique because I don't know what's happening in it enough to say, "oh I like this part, or I liked the melody in the middle, or I liked it when the bass did that." So that's all I'm gunna say about it.

Track 5 - I like it a lot and I need the album now please. The vocalist sounds pretty. Is she? I like all the little layered arpeggio bits and stuff like that, they sound cute. Must know the artist. Must know the album. Please tell. This is a really nice song (Bordering on gorgeous? I'm unsure.).

Track 6 - This is a remix of a Caribou song! (But I haven't listened to Swim recently enough to place it by name -- I know it's off that album, though. It sounds like Bowls or something.) Actually, it hardly sounds like it uses enough of the song to be a remix -- it's more like it just samples the ooh's from that song and made up the rest, so maybe I should say it samples a Caribou song instead. At any rate, nice interludey track, kinda boring but whatevz whatevz. I like this one as well except for how it's a bit boring.

Track 7 - Sounds like this mixtape's taking a different tack after that interlude. Peppy singer with a sort of annoying indie voice (British?). This one's all right I guess. Sounds like an Animal Collective clone so it's a little annoying in that respect. It's interesting I guess, but it feels like it's trying too hard. Not bad or anything, just eh. I probably won't really listen to it again.

Track 8 - A lot more chill than the last track. Sounds like another remix maybe? Or just an electronic thing. Dunno. Nothing massively interesting going on, but it's nice to chill out to and suchlike, plus it's short enough to be acceptable. Pretty good.

Track 9 - I know it's Interpol, because the singer for that band is super distinctive, but I haven't heard this song. Is it from the new album? I forgot what it was called. (I only have Antics and Turn on the Bright Lights -- I never got the latest because I've only heard eh things about it.) Nice song, kind of chill and mildly distressing at the same time. Has a different vibe from most Interpol songs -- so if it is from the new album the things I've heard about it might be wrong (I'd heard that it's all the same as their earlier work.). I dunno, Interpol's a nice band but a lot of their songs sound the same, which is why they've never been one of my favorites -- but I do like this song and it does sound different, so maybe I'll look into whichever album this is off of. He's singing in Spanish or something during part of it and I want to know what the song's called so I can look the lyrics up, lulz.

Track 10 - Ok this song isn't good. I don't like the guy's voice. He sounds dumm. This is pretty much just boring guitar rock. Borey bore bore bore borey bore. <-- That's my reaction to it. But it's cool cuz a lot of the rest of this tape is guuuuddd. So this one falling flat is fine. (Plus it's short, which I like about it.) Also, okay it's catchy, especially the part about carrying me home and chasing this pain from my window/door, and etc, but still, it isn't really to my taste.

Track 11 - Oh yeah. Oh yes. Oh affirmative. You're fine. This tape's still gewd. Help I'm Alive by Metric and you're all good in the neighborhood. I approve of this tape again. I have a feeling I don't know you at all, tape-maker, or you might know how much I like Metric (a lot). But it's all good, because I'll meet you soon! And then we'll be best friends!!

Track 12 - OH GOD IT ISN'T IN 4/4!! Holy shit! I don't like this song but at least it's in 3/4. (I deeply respect songs that aren't in 4/4 just on principle.) So I don't like this song, but it has my respect. It isn't good or anything, I just respect it. Also, lol at the violins near the end, they're super over-the-top. I just gotta keep telling myself it's in 3/4 though and everything will stay acceptable.

Track 13 - Well herpy derp, of course I like this song.

Track 14 - Another singer with an accent. This song is kind of boring, but still catchy. Sorta indie and annoying. It isn't terrible, just not especially creative. (It just feels like another guitar-rock song, which means I don't like it.) Talking about how he loves someone but she doesn't love him back - original! There are guitars - original! it's in 4/4 - original! Accent on the second and fourth beats - original!!! stuff like that. I'm hard to please when it comes to guitar-rock. Don't take it personally.

Track 15 - And of course I like this one as well. Doesn't make as much sense as it might coming after the last track it did, but nice way to close out a mixtape. (Their first album is better :phu:)

I get the feeling that whoever made this might be a noob or they might know more about my taste (see: putting Radiohead and Metric in, which I'm defdefs a fan of and if you've been around forever or whatever you'd probably know) (Not that I'm saying they really should have known more or whatever, because this tape is awesome as it is) but if they are a noob (or just someone here I don't really know, or something) they must be a noob/person I don't know that I want to be friends with, because they got good taste, on the whole. I enjoyed the middle of the tape the most, but overall it was a solid mix.

Hey, I'm your mixtape maker :)

No worries about not liking it, to be honest I didn't have a clue what kind of thing you were into (except Arcade Fire :P). I actually went through 20 pages of your posts to see if you posted about music :\ Thanks for the review though!

:)

1. Superunknown - Soundgarden
  2. Dead Star - Muse
  3. Eradicate The Doubt - Biffy Clyro
  4. R-Evolve - 30 Seconds To Mars
  5. Losing All Control - Rooney
  6. Omission - John Frusciante
  7. Soul To Squeeze - Red Hot Chili Peppers
  8. Vancouver - Jeff Buckley
  9. Only Heart - John Mayer
  10. Lovely Fool - Jack Savoretti
  11. Your Protector - Fleet Foxes
  12. Colour Of The Trap - Miles Kane
  13. Oh Me - Meat Puppets
  14. If Ever - Foo Fighters
  15. Dumb - Nirvana
  16. Bruises -I Am Arrows
  17. Your Decision - Alice In Chains
  18. Highway Kind - Soulsavers

http://www.mediafire.com/?vc7glzf3zwffuyc

If anyone else wants to download it... (please? :cry:)

It's grand, don't worry :nice: I didn't mind at all...kind of my own fault for not posting about the music I like D: I did have the John Frusciante song stuck in my head going to bed last night though :nice:

Hai Violet! As you know, I made your mixtape...glad you (mostly) enjoyed it! :)

Mixtape Link

Tracklisting (Song / Artist / Album)

01- 3 Gymnopédies: #1: Lent Et Douloureux / Erik Satie / The Best of Erik Satie

02- Her Morning Elegance / Oren Lavie / The Opposite Side of the Sea

03- From Grace / Thomas Dybdahl / ...That Great October Sound

04- Blood / The Middle East / Recordings of the Middle East

05- Opportunity / Pete Murray / See the Sun

06- Chinatown / Wild Nothing / Gemini

07- Another Season / She Said You / Faces EP

08- A Girl Who Loves Her Smoke and Wine / Flight Brigade / Flight Brigade EP

09- Days Gone By / Hills & Trains / Demo EP

10- The Crane Wife 3 / The Decemberists / The Crane Wife

11- Ordinary Life / Special Patrol / The Stranger's Dozen

12- My Racing Thoughts / Jack's Mannequin / My Racing Thoughts [single]

13- Can You Hear Me? / Evermore / Truth of the World: Welcome to the Show

14- Section 9 (Light & Day/Reach for the Sun) / The Polyphonic Spree / The Beginning Stages of...

YES. I knew it! -fistpump- Gotta love Satie. Chopin is my absolute favorite, too. :wacky:

Anyway, it's great to get a lot of foreign artists, as they're something I feel like I need more of in my library. I don't have a whole lot of Aussie stuff in my library, and you've given me a few things to add in there.

Also, I looked it up, and The Polyphonic Spree are definitely from Dallas. :awesome: YEAH, TEXAS. :wacky:

Thank you so much again for your tape! :hug:

Hey Kelsie! I'm your mixtape maker :D

I'm so glad you enjoyed my tape, thanks so much for listening and reviewing so quickly! I'm also very glad you thought it had good flow - I always try to do that but you're the first person to actually say anything!

I love happy, summery songs and I think I translated that pretty well, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it too :nice:

I also didn't realise until I starting writing my responses to your comments just how much seeing a band live affects my judgement of them haha - of the 15 artists on this tape, I happened to see 8 of them at Splendour in the Grass only a couple of weeks ago :P

Tracklisting:

1. Howlaround - Kaiser Chiefs

2. Come Closer - Miles Kane

3. Most Wanted - Cults

4. Money Grabber - Fitz & the Tantrums

5. The World at Large - Modest Mouse

6. Somebody That I Used to Know (feat. Kimbra) - Gotye

7. Man On Mars - Kaiser Chiefs

8. Even Though I'm a Woman - Seeker Lover Keeper

9. Fall at Your Feet - Boy & Bear

10. Kids (MGMT cover) - Ben Lee

11. Hiccups - Jinja Safari

12. Balloons (Foals cover) - Holy Fuck

13. Waste - Foster the People

14. Naked Kids - Grouplove

15. Wolf Pack - The Vaccines

16. Options - Gomez

Link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9QGCBT0L

I've been listening to my tape as I've been replying so I'll post my review in a second :D

Thanks Grace! I liked your mixtape a lot. I'm definitely going to check out some of those bands when I get the chance.

Edit: Btw, I'm surprised that Kids was actually a cover, because the guy's voice sounded exactly the same as the guy who sings in the original version. :surprised:

Funny that you made my mixtape, because guess who made yours? :lol:

But I'll have post the track listing later because I don't have time to write comments and all that because I have to go back to class in a few minutes D:

Ok, my review:

1 - Very calming start, very atmospheric. Not generally my sort of thing but it's quite nice and pleasant, builds up nicely. Like the electronic bleeps and buzzes that pop up every now and then. Has a Lykke Lii feel to it.

2 - Starts off like some 60s, slightly cheesy girl-ballad, then all goes a bit Mariah Carey. It's not bad as such, but it's really bland and boring and uninspiring, both musically and vocally. Could it be Beyonce? Not my sort of thing at all. The ending is really...odd. Don't like, sorry

* 3 - Awww man, now you're talking. Scuzzy guitars, wicked bassline. Music with a bit of attitude, this. Desire Be, Desire Go ~ Tame Impala. F'ing ace.

* 4 - More guitars, brilliant. Subdued, MGMT-kind of vocal. It's a laid-back, slow paced track but still has a bit of aggression in there. Pretty good, I like it.

* 5 - Another nice one, interesting sounds, lots of little whistles and flutey songs. Pretty.

* 6 - Instrumental. I really like this one cos it's a bit mental. The way it starts reminds of the way Biffy Clyro will often build a tune, but it's more electronic that that and has both a Radiohead and a Miike Snow feel to it too. That sounds like a weird mix, but it works.

7 - Slow start, twangy guitar and a bit of diva-like wailing (which I don't much care for) It's ok this one, very chilled and relaxing, but it doesn't seem to really go anywhere. Nice tho.

8 - won't play in media player.....hang on... ok got it working. Another pretty beginning. Strange vocal, is that female? - has a Macy Gray quality to it, kind of drawling and breathy. It's ok this one, but nothing too exciting.

9 - Ooooh Scottish accent, nice. Acoustic guitar, guy singing. Very mellow. Pretty good.

10 - Interesting bit of strings, nice, short and sweet instrumental. Good.

11 - Hmmm different. Very electronic. This drum-machine-beat is actually starting to hurt my ears now - It's doing me 'ead in. Have to skip this, sorry, it's just random noise to me and the frequencies are nauseating. Keep expecting Craig David to start bo-selectoring over the top of it.

12 - won't play at all :-\

* 13 - Ok, nice ending. Another laid-back, chilled affair. Nice guitar and interesting bleeps and electronic wotnot going on. LOVE the random squeeky-dog-toy effect going on! Made me lol (out loud, an' everything!) Love the intricate guitar work. Impressive. Nice ending to the tape too.

Pretty good tape overall. Has a laid-back, spaced-out feel to it with a couple of curveballs in there to mix up the genres. There's just a couple there that were beyond my tolerance levels, I afraid. I starred my favourites - looking forward to finding out who the artists/bands were.

Ooooh maybe you could post a youtube link for track 12? Dunno why it won't play :\

Ta very much for the tape, mystery person :nice:

Okay, my review (finally! :P)

When I downloaded it, I was thinking "what's up with all the random words and the mixtape title?" When I put it on itunes and ordered it by name though, it made sense, spelling out "I am not the kind of fool who's gonna sit and sing to you about stars girl", which I figured was a lyric at some point. The title of the mixtape was "Something in your magnetism", which I also guessed was a lyric.

Something in your magnetism

01(i)- Now all the naming makes sense; both the title and the song names are in the first few lines. I really liked that. For the song itself, it was honestly one of my favorites if not my top song from the mixtape. Kind of eerie with the guitar, but at the same time kind of comforting almost. :thinking: the singer's voice was kind of . . . dry sounding I guess? but it just fit perfectly with the music. Really love this one, can't wait to see who it is!

02(am)- Made me smile when I heard this one. :wacky: Boxing Champ by Kaiser Chiefs, one of my favorite songs by them.

03(not)- Liked this song a lot too, it makes me want to get up and dance! :awesome: The voice sounds familiar, but I don't know the singer may just sound like someone I've heard lol. :P I really liked the acoustic guitar too.

04(the)- The singer sounds like a better version of Bono, lol! Overall it was a very simple song but it was pretty. I liked it, but not quite as much as the previous songs.

05(kind)- Short song, it was actually pretty similar to the one before it. Again, I liked the simplicity but it wasn't really a stand-out song.

06(of)- Wow, what a strong accent this singer has! :P I liked his voice though. Kind of moving away from the acoustic "section" of the mixtape. . . another simple song, but another that I liked.

07(fool)- I really liked the duet parts of this song. Their voices really compliment each other. The song itself almost seems to have an older feel to it. Oooh, and the saxophone! Very nice addition to the song!

08(whos)- Bit more of a fast moving song. Interesting voice, I like it a lot. The instrumental part is also good. . . can't really think of much to say about this song lol, but basically I liked it. :nod: The ending was nice too. (and I don't mean that as in YAY THE SONG ENDED haha, I liked how they ended the song :P)

09(gonna)- This almost sounds like Animal Collective (from the one song I know by them, lol) but I doubt it is so forget I said that. :ninja: I liked it, it was a very summer-y song

10(sit)- I can't decide if I like this song or not. I didn't enjoy the higher vocals at all but I did like the lower vocals. I did like the rest of the song though. Except for that "FOR ME, FOR ME" part, that got a bit repetitive. I really want to know what artist this is though, I've never really heard anything quite like this.

11(and)- I like the beginning of this but I didn't like when the singer started kind of. . . shouting I guess? Overall I felt kind of meh about it, I loved the guitars but I really didn't care for the vocals.

12(sing)- This is probably the first song that I really didn't enjoy at all. :\ I can't even explain why, it was kind of average but then the guy's voice sounded out of tune when holding out the "TO MEEEEEE" part :sad:

13(to)- this almost reminded me of a "darker" MGMT. :thinking: I really liked it though, and my favorite part was when it picked up towards the end.

14(you)- I know this song, I keep hearing it on the radio! Curse my memory, I can't remember the artist/name of song though. :bigcry: Love it though. :wacky:

15(about)- I liked this song, it was kind of uplifting. Don't really know how to describe it. . .but I can tell this one will be staying on my iPod for a long time. :nod:

16(stars)- Took me a few listens before I could place it. . . this is Pala by Friendly Fires, I love it- so dreamy and peaceful. :wacky:

17(girl)- Wow, this is a different version of the opening track, but with just vocals and an acoustic guitar, and less than a minute long. Beautiful.

Okay, so overall, I really enjoyed this mixtape! It was interesting because many of the songs weren't really "my style", but at the same time I enjoyed them a lot. I know I'll be looking into many of these artists' other songs. Thank you very much partner for taking the time to make this tape, and I really liked some of these songs! Can't wait to see what they are. :wacky:

okay! so this is my second time listening through this mixtape, and overall it's quite gewd and I like it :nice: reviewing the tracks as I go.

Track 1 - I really like this one. Just a guitar, but whoever's playing it really knows what they're doing, because this sounds technically really difficult, and they're doing a bunch of interesting things with this guitar -- there's a lot of stuff going on with it musically speaking, and it all works together really well and cohesively. I want to know who's playing it because they got skillzzz. I wish I could play an instrument like this. Sounds like an acoustic session or something? There's applause at the end, so that's why I assume it's from a session.

Track 2 - Another live track, but this time obviously in a stadium, because the crowd's a lot rowdier (not to mention actually audible). Sounds like they're shouting "Go Biffy!" at the beginning -- is this Biffy Clyro? I've never listened to them. (Unless they're saying "Billy" or something, which would be embarrassing.) Kind of emo/punkyrock sounding? Really different from the first track. I don't like it as much but it's not bad.

Track 3 - absolutely yes. Kiara by Bonobo. I love this album so much. It's so good. It's the perfect chill-out music ever and it's great and you're my fucking hero for putting this song on. I dig this song/album/artist so much. augh. you're my favorite. Jesus. Let's get married and have smart and beautiful babies with good taste in music together.

Track 4 - This song is backwards. (Unless it's supposed to be like that.) I dig it. Did you make it backwards just cuz you like to listen to it that way, or is it legit supposed to sound this way? Actually hold on. I know a way to figure it out. Okay I figured it out. I played it backwards in Audacity and it sounds fucking demented and horrible, so I assume you didn't just turn a song backwards for the purposes of this mixtape, but it's a legit song. Problem resolved. I do like this song, but it's hard to critique because I don't know what's happening in it enough to say, "oh I like this part, or I liked the melody in the middle, or I liked it when the bass did that." So that's all I'm gunna say about it.

Track 5 - I like it a lot and I need the album now please. The vocalist sounds pretty. Is she? I like all the little layered arpeggio bits and stuff like that, they sound cute. Must know the artist. Must know the album. Please tell. This is a really nice song (Bordering on gorgeous? I'm unsure.).

Track 6 - This is a remix of a Caribou song! (But I haven't listened to Swim recently enough to place it by name -- I know it's off that album, though. It sounds like Bowls or something.) Actually, it hardly sounds like it uses enough of the song to be a remix -- it's more like it just samples the ooh's from that song and made up the rest, so maybe I should say it samples a Caribou song instead. At any rate, nice interludey track, kinda boring but whatevz whatevz. I like this one as well except for how it's a bit boring.

Track 7 - Sounds like this mixtape's taking a different tack after that interlude. Peppy singer with a sort of annoying indie voice (British?). This one's all right I guess. Sounds like an Animal Collective clone so it's a little annoying in that respect. It's interesting I guess, but it feels like it's trying too hard. Not bad or anything, just eh. I probably won't really listen to it again.

Track 8 - A lot more chill than the last track. Sounds like another remix maybe? Or just an electronic thing. Dunno. Nothing massively interesting going on, but it's nice to chill out to and suchlike, plus it's short enough to be acceptable. Pretty good.

Track 9 - I know it's Interpol, because the singer for that band is super distinctive, but I haven't heard this song. Is it from the new album? I forgot what it was called. (I only have Antics and Turn on the Bright Lights -- I never got the latest because I've only heard eh things about it.) Nice song, kind of chill and mildly distressing at the same time. Has a different vibe from most Interpol songs -- so if it is from the new album the things I've heard about it might be wrong (I'd heard that it's all the same as their earlier work.). I dunno, Interpol's a nice band but a lot of their songs sound the same, which is why they've never been one of my favorites -- but I do like this song and it does sound different, so maybe I'll look into whichever album this is off of. He's singing in Spanish or something during part of it and I want to know what the song's called so I can look the lyrics up, lulz.

Track 10 - Ok this song isn't good. I don't like the guy's voice. He sounds dumm. This is pretty much just boring guitar rock. Borey bore bore bore borey bore. <-- That's my reaction to it. But it's cool cuz a lot of the rest of this tape is guuuuddd. So this one falling flat is fine. (Plus it's short, which I like about it.) Also, okay it's catchy, especially the part about carrying me home and chasing this pain from my window/door, and etc, but still, it isn't really to my taste.

Track 11 - Oh yeah. Oh yes. Oh affirmative. You're fine. This tape's still gewd. Help I'm Alive by Metric and you're all good in the neighborhood. I approve of this tape again. I have a feeling I don't know you at all, tape-maker, or you might know how much I like Metric (a lot). But it's all good, because I'll meet you soon! And then we'll be best friends!!

Track 12 - OH GOD IT ISN'T IN 4/4!! Holy shit! I don't like this song but at least it's in 3/4. (I deeply respect songs that aren't in 4/4 just on principle.) So I don't like this song, but it has my respect. It isn't good or anything, I just respect it. Also, lol at the violins near the end, they're super over-the-top. I just gotta keep telling myself it's in 3/4 though and everything will stay acceptable.

Track 13 - Well herpy derp, of course I like this song.

Track 14 - Another singer with an accent. This song is kind of boring, but still catchy. Sorta indie and annoying. It isn't terrible, just not especially creative. (It just feels like another guitar-rock song, which means I don't like it.) Talking about how he loves someone but she doesn't love him back - original! There are guitars - original! it's in 4/4 - original! Accent on the second and fourth beats - original!!! stuff like that. I'm hard to please when it comes to guitar-rock. Don't take it personally.

Track 15 - And of course I like this one as well. Doesn't make as much sense as it might coming after the last track it did, but nice way to close out a mixtape. (Their first album is better :phu:)

I get the feeling that whoever made this might be a noob or they might know more about my taste (see: putting Radiohead and Metric in, which I'm defdefs a fan of and if you've been around forever or whatever you'd probably know) (Not that I'm saying they really should have known more or whatever, because this tape is awesome as it is) but if they are a noob (or just someone here I don't really know, or something) they must be a noob/person I don't know that I want to be friends with, because they got good taste, on the whole. I enjoyed the middle of the tape the most, but overall it was a solid mix.

i was your mixtape maker, i'm happy you liked it, at least the first half of it.

i'm not so much into electronic kind of music that you seem to like more plus i don't remember we ever talked much as to know your musical tastes more clearly, so i mainly put there some electronic i heard and i liked in the last years on the first half, leaving the second half to other styles to try to make a more complete and interesting mix, i wish i did all electronic/ambient instead, cause had to left Mogwai and other similar bands off my original idea.

Tracklist is as follows:

artist - song - lenght - album

1 - antoine dufour - spiritual groove live - 3:54 - Sound Pictures

2 - Biffy clyro - the captain live - 4:06 - Revolutions Live at Wembley

3 - Bonobo - Kiara - 3:50 - Black Sands

4 - Bosques de mi mente - giesh - 2:45 - Colores

5 - Braids - Lemonade - 6:46 - Native Speaker

6 - Caribou - Lalibela - 2:25 - Swim

7 - Delorean - Simple Graces - 4:17 - Subiza

8 - Dntel - Caribbean blue - 2:47 - Enya Mixes

9 - Interpol - The Undoing - 5:11 - Interpol

10 - Jon Fratelli - Baby we'are all refugees - 2:38 - Psycho Jukebox

11 - Metric - Help i'm alive - 4:46 - Fantasies

12 - Okkervil river - wake and be fine - 3:25 - I am very far

13 - Radiohead - Lotus Flower - 5:00 - The king of limbs

14 - Art Brut - Lost Weekend - 4:21 - Brilliant! Tragic!

15 - Vampire Weekend - Horchata - 3:26 - Contra

Antoine is a very talented guitar player, so underrated in my opinion.

Biffy's track is my fave one.

Bonobo, i liked his works, finally decided to pick "Kiara" for the mixtape, cause that's my cousin's name.

Bosques de mi mente is a band i've been following for a while, he used to play more piano only, very mellow and in spanish, that track is from the last album which is so more experimental with the tracks playing backwards voices.

Braids, one of the best debut albums of the year imo.

Caribou after knowing you opened a thread saying he is a mathematician -i already knew it- i guess you like his music, thought i prefer his previous works more.

Delorean, they are also a bit electronic band, well Mendetz are more, but i guessed Delorean would be more known there -that's a spanish band.

Dntel, listened them while i digged into electronic music a year ago along with Bonobo, Tentremoller, Toro y Moi, Washed Out, M83 and some others more shoegaze bands. Enya Mixes was a nice surprise -my dad is a fan of Enya and uses to play her music often.

Interpol, what needs to be said about them?

Jon Fratelli, solo project of vocalist of The Fratellis and Codeine Velvet Club, i just wanted to add some contrast to the first half.

Metric, after like some months ago i saw that thread pretty active, i guessed you knew them, and also to add some female vocals to the mix.

Okkervil River, to add some 'indie', listened them recently, may the track is overplayed there or something, but as i don't follow any radio, is pretty new to me. My curiosity for the band happened when after i got into Shearwater i knew those bands were linked somehow.

Radiohead, everybody went nuts with the video, i meant to add The National Anthem as is my fave song from them.

Art Brut, another 'indie', but that one i was interested to listen them for the name/art reference.

Vampire Weekend, to add some festive ending for the mixtape and also to follow the Lemonade with an Horchata, very refreshing drinks for summer.

Download link:

http://www.zshare.net/download/934693554942835d/

Here's my review (later than I promised sorry :():

Track 1: Pretty much loved this after the first five seconds.

I love the folky guitar and vocals, reminds me of Fleet Foxes. This also fits my taste very well.

Track 2: I totally thought this was Lost In The Trees because of the guitar at the beginning, but when the vocals and other instruments kick in it's totally different.

I like the fast tempo, but especially the vocals sound somewhat dramatic to me.

Track 3: Oh, the echo-y guitar that opens this track is beautiful!

This one appears to be a slower track with haunting female vocals that fit the guitar perfectly. Wow, I love the part when the drums kick in. :stunned:

Track 4: The lyrics caught my attention, so sweet! I like this singer, he's got a very nice voice. Such an uplifting song, puts me in a good mood!

Track 5: Okay this one's very interesting, sounds pretty oldish to me. I'm not sure whether I like this singer at all though.

Oh, apparently my iTunes Genius is a witch and somehow found out this is David Bowie. :blank: It hasn't got any info left though.

Your itunes would be correct!

It's fine he has so much varied stuff that I thought I'd add a mix and this song is one of those that grow on you over time rather than BAM this song is awesome

Track 6: This one sounds old too. I really like the bassline and that electic guitar. The lyrics are kinda scary though.

The guitar bits are the best I think. :wacky:

Yep it's old.

Track 7: The Woods by Bon Iver! I just love the ridiculous use of autotune. Omg, now there's rapping (this is what I love about mixtapes, the surprises). Nice beat haha, danceable track.

Okay I'm not sure whether this is a remix or a mashup or whatever, but I find it quite enjoyable. :P

Track 8: Piano and violin, fuck yeah. No song can fail with those instruments in it. Pretty! This appears to be an instrumental.

This could be straight from a soundtrack for a movie, really. The build-up is amazing. This track is brilliant. :nod:

Yep it's from Series 5 Doctor Who soundtrack I always feel like I need an instrumental and I really love how well these songs are put together :dazzled:

Track 9: Sounds like a country track!

Some guitar and female vocals, the chorus is so catchy! :wacky:

Track 10: Okay, this song opens with guitar, after that, quite deep and strong male vocals appear.

This is rather rocky, fast tempo track, with interesting use of the electric guiter. Those vocals and the guitar make a very cool combo actually.

Track 11: This one is very easy-listenable, light song with acoustic guitar and some guy with a nice voice singing.

Very simple, nice track. Liked it a lot.

Track 12: Again, lovely vocalist, this time it's a female. And this is a folk song too. Wait, I have a pretty song feeling that this is Laura Marling, just because of the line "England Covered In Song".

I see that song title on my iTunes recommended songs so often. I'm glad you chose to put this on my mixtape, because I loved it! Lovely closer too!

Favourite tracks: 1, 3, 4, 8, 11, 12.

Thank you so much! I really enjoyed this mixtape and now I'm almost embarrassed of my own.

Really happy that you enjoyed the mixtape :awesome:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3uh49uf30btzfkh

Tracklisting:

mixtape10.png

i know it's been less than a day since i posted my review but it is killing me to know who made my tape and what the tracklisting is, especially when everyone is getting reviews and tracklistings. Now i'm acting like a spoilt child at christmas ha

This one was mine!!

Okay, my review (finally! :P)

When I downloaded it, I was thinking "what's up with all the random words and the mixtape title?" When I put it on itunes and ordered it by name though, it made sense, spelling out "I am not the kind of fool who's gonna sit and sing to you about stars girl", which I figured was a lyric at some point. The title of the mixtape was "Something in your magnetism", which I also guessed was a lyric.

Something in your magnetism

01(i)- Now all the naming makes sense; both the title and the song names are in the first few lines. I really liked that. For the song itself, it was honestly one of my favorites if not my top song from the mixtape. Kind of eerie with the guitar, but at the same time kind of comforting almost. :thinking: the singer's voice was kind of . . . dry sounding I guess? but it just fit perfectly with the music. Really love this one, can't wait to see who it is!

This song is so beautiful. Probably why I wanted to start and end the mixtape with it. It's Alex Turner - Stuck on the Puzzle. Alex Turner is the lead for the Arctic Monkeys.. but I'm sure you already know that. If you like this... you'll love the rest of his "Submarine" OST/EP type deal!

02(am)- Made me smile when I heard this one. :wacky: Boxing Champ by Kaiser Chiefs, one of my favorite songs by them.

Aww man! A song you already know :( But I love this song too... so simple but nice

03(not)- Liked this song a lot too, it makes me want to get up and dance! :awesome: The voice sounds familiar, but I don't know the singer may just sound like someone I've heard lol. :P I really liked the acoustic guitar too.

This is Backstreet Lovers by the Crookes. Such a fun, summer song. Glad you liked it!

04(the)- The singer sounds like a better version of Bono, lol! Overall it was a very simple song but it was pretty. I liked it, but not quite as much as the previous songs.

Woww. Better version of Bono? Don't hate on Bono. :P This is Babylon bye David Gray. It is a pretty simple song... but I thought it was pretty.

05(kind)- Short song, it was actually pretty similar to the one before it. Again, I liked the simplicity but it wasn't really a stand-out song.

This was Angel by Matt Nathanson. It's a really simple song... not much going on at all but I think the lyrics are sweet. I do understand why it didn't stand out for you though!

06(of)- Wow, what a strong accent this singer has! :P I liked his voice though. Kind of moving away from the acoustic "section" of the mixtape. . . another simple song, but another that I liked.

This would be the same singer from track one as it's Despair in the Departure Lounge by the Arctic Monkeys. One of my favorites from them. This is one of their earlier songs and Stuck on the Puzzle is pretty recent... his accent has changed a lot since then so that why you probably couldnt identify them as being by the same artist!

07(fool)- I really liked the duet parts of this song. Their voices really compliment each other. The song itself almost seems to have an older feel to it. Oooh, and the saxophone! Very nice addition to the song!

This is Chinatown by Destroyer. This song definitely has a older feel to it. The duets are great. Loveee it and glad you did too.

08(whos)- Bit more of a fast moving song. Interesting voice, I like it a lot. The instrumental part is also good. . . can't really think of much to say about this song lol, but basically I liked it. :nod: The ending was nice too. (and I don't mean that as in YAY THE SONG ENDED haha, I liked how they ended the song :P)

This is Ungrateful by Frankie and the Heartstrings. I wasn't sure if you'd like this song cause a lot of people aren't a fan of theirs but yay! :) I think its a good sort of poppy song

09(gonna)- This almost sounds like Animal Collective (from the one song I know by them, lol) but I doubt it is so forget I said that. :ninja: I liked it, it was a very summer-y song

Haha I don't listen to Animal Collective but I don't see the similarities? But what do I know? This is Best Friend by the Drums. A good summer song like you said.

10(sit)- I can't decide if I like this song or not. I didn't enjoy the higher vocals at all but I did like the lower vocals. I did like the rest of the song though. Except for that "FOR ME, FOR ME" part, that got a bit repetitive. I really want to know what artist this is though, I've never really heard anything quite like this.

Yah this is A Thing For You by Metronomy. I found this song annoying the first couple of listens cause of the high pitched voice but I love it now. The mixtape is slowly getting louder now so I'm not shocked that you weren't a fan of the next few because its a major change in pace from the slow acoustic songs at the beginning :(

11(and)- I like the beginning of this but I didn't like when the singer started kind of. . . shouting I guess? Overall I felt kind of meh about it, I loved the guitars but I really didn't care for the vocals.

Aww this is Heartbeat by Late of the Pier. Yah pretty much the same as track 10. I get why you didn't like it.

12(sing)- This is probably the first song that I really didn't enjoy at all. :\ I can't even explain why, it was kind of average but then the guy's voice sounded out of tune when holding out the "TO MEEEEEE" part :sad:

Haha it's Razorlight, so again I'm not surprised. Song is called Don't Go Back to Dalston.

13(to)- this almost reminded me of a "darker" MGMT. :thinking: I really liked it though, and my favorite part was when it picked up towards the end.

It's just MGMT :P Song is Indie Rokkers. It's one of my favorites by them. I love the guitar bits.

14(you)- I know this song, I keep hearing it on the radio! Curse my memory, I can't remember the artist/name of song though. :bigcry: Love it though. :wacky:

This is Young Blood by the Naked and Famous. It's again a nice summer song. We don't get it on radio here though! Happy you like it and know what its called now. :)

15(about)- I liked this song, it was kind of uplifting. Don't really know how to describe it. . .but I can tell this one will be staying on my iPod for a long time. :nod:

This is If You Tolerate This by Manic Street Preachers. Succchhh a good song. I love the lyrics to it too. It's definitely a bit of a classic and should be in everyone's itunes! Key word: should.

16(stars)- Took me a few listens before I could place it. . . this is Pala by Friendly Fires, I love it- so dreamy and peaceful. :wacky:

Aww another song you already know! But yeah good tune! Was trying to slow the mixtape down a bit

17(girl)- Wow, this is a different version of the opening track, but with just vocals and an acoustic guitar, and less than a minute long. Beautiful.

Yup! This is the intro to the OST same name as track one. I thought it would be a good way to end it.

Okay, so overall, I really enjoyed this mixtape! It was interesting because many of the songs weren't really "my style", but at the same time I enjoyed them a lot. I know I'll be looking into many of these artists' other songs. Thank you very much partner for taking the time to make this tape, and I really liked some of these songs! Can't wait to see what they are. :wacky:

I'm glad you liked the tape! I think... hopefully... you enjoyed most of the tracks except a few of the more upbeat ones in the middle... so im sorry about those! But overall I'm glad you liked it! :)

Full Tracklisting

i39gyf.png

To whoever made my mixtape. Ill post the review in the next few days

This one was mine!!

I'm glad you liked the tape! I think... hopefully... you enjoyed most of the tracks except a few of the more upbeat ones in the middle... so im sorry about those! But overall I'm glad you liked it! :)

Full Tracklisting

i39gyf.png

Thank you so much for this, I really had fun listening to it. :wacky:

Full Tracklisting

i39gyf.png

That's one badass tape. I love the inclusion of Razorlight, Late of the Pier, The Drums... Heck everything. What a mixtape!

@Christina: I'm surprised you didn't know Late of The Pier, it's only like one of Dom's favourite bands. And Metronomy's newer album is way different to teh older one, less high pitched, really good... And that's Razorlights' best album, so if you didn't like that... Welll.

Thanks Grace! I liked your mixtape a lot. I'm definitely going to check out some of those bands when I get the chance.

Edit: Btw, I'm surprised that Kids was actually a cover, because the guy's voice sounded exactly the same as the guy who sings in the original version. :surprised:

Funny that you made my mixtape, because guess who made yours? :lol:

But I'll have post the track listing later because I don't have time to write comments and all that because I have to go back to class in a few minutes D:

Noooo! :lol: That is awesome. I thought it could possibly be you as I was listening to it, but then I was just like 'nah, there's no way that would happen...' :lol:

That's ok, just take your time!

And if you need guidance for where to start for any of those bands, just let me know!

I guess he does sound a bit like the original singer of MGMT, I've never really noticed it before :surprised:

Hey mixtape partner, I already listened to your mixtape twice and this is my review!

WARNING: I suck at reviewing. :disappointed:

Hi, I made your tape! :awesome: Glad you enjoyed it overall. The idea was to have two sides with different styles on them (2nd being a bit darker, more instrumental etc). Onwards to the tracks!

SIDE 1

Track 1

This song sounds so dark. Not my favorite for sure, I'm sorry. But it’s not too bad after all. 5.5/10

This is The Fear by Pulp, a great band led by the genius of Jarvis Cocker. Shame you didn't like it, but I'd still recommend you check them, not all their songs are quite this dark.

Track 2

Ah, this is much better than the opening track. Sounds kinda dreamy, I like it. 8/10

Yay! This is Alison by Slowdive, one of the most important shoegaze bands ever. If you like this, go get their album Souvlaki now, now, now!

Track 3

I like the music and the use of instrument, but I’m not a fan of the vocal. But the song is getting better towards the end with the guitar riff. 7/10

This is Memory Tapes, a one man chillwave artist. I agree with you about the ending, the guitar riff reminds me of something New Order or the The Cure would do. I like the summery feel to it.

Track 4

I can’t tell whether this is an instrumental track or not, but I think it is. I like the speedy drum beats and the chime, as well as the choral voice at the beginning. Good one. 8.5/10

Semi-instrumental I guess haha. This is the great Explosions in the Sky. This is almost their most "poppy" song. Some awesome drumming as usual from Chris Hrasky <3

Track 5

Ooooohhh me gusta. Reminds me of a band that I’m familiar with, but I really couldn’t point out who! 8.5/10

Glad you liked this! It's pretty addictive, eh? The Crookes, a fine pop band out of Sheffield.

Track 6

Sounds like something from Four Tet, not something that I usually listen to, but this one is quite alright especially towards the end. 7.5/10

Ratatat with Wildcat. They're a duo that make instrumental dancy tracks with just guitar and synthesiser. I like the tinge of sadness to it. And the roars of course :wacko:

Track 7

The beginning made me feel like in Caribbean or something :lol: There were a few dialogue lines which made me really feel like I’m on a beach. K Maybe because it sounds so retro. I don’t really like it, sorry. 3/10

The Avalanches-Since I Left You. Shame you didn't like it :/ This is like the perfect summer song; catchy, cheerful and dancy.

Track 8

This is grrreaaat! I instantly loved it! A pretty mellow track, begins with mellow guitar plucking. Eh, I kinda like this one. The lyrics are simple yet are very meaningful for me, personally. “I won't run far. I won't run far. I can always be found.” Me likey. I’ll keep this one. 9.5/10

Yaay! This is Liars, a kick ass group from New York. They're great, check em out!

SIDE 2

Track 1

:wtf: It’s a conversation between two guys. I heard the word Turkish, German and a Japanese name- Kobayashi? :lol: How could I rate dialogues? :P I’d give it a 4 :P 4/10

Haha, this is Kevin Spacey as Verbal Kint, a character from one of my favourite movies, The Usual Suspects. Just put it in as a little intro

Track 2

A dramatic instrumental track. It has a feeling like someone is chasing after you while you have a bunch of keys and you’re trying to find the right key of a lock so that you can escape. :surprised: 7/10

Yep, it's a pretty intense track. Skream is one of the best dubstep producers around. Check him out if you liked this. It's definitely worth it!

Track 3

Wah the drum intro freaked me out :lol: I can hear trumpet, drums and guitar everywhere. It has a Spanish-feeling, that I’m not sure how to explain. 6/10

This is actually from South Africa and the language heard is Zulu (I think). They were hyped up as the African TV on the Radio but their album was a little hit and miss. I love the mix of trumpets and guitars on this.

Track 4

Bon Iver’s Calgary! Great choice, mixtaper, great choice. :botoxlips: 9.5/10

Yep. <3

Track 5

From Bon Iver to this electronic stuff, it doesn’t flow really well, Mr :P Is this Thom Yorke? The vocal sounds like Thom Yorke, but I’m not too sure. I’m neither a huge Radiohead nor Thom fan so I can’t really tell. I don’t think it’s Thom though. 8/10

Yep it is Thom! The track is by Flying Lotus, though. A great electronic musician. I'm happy you liked it, his last album Cosmograma was terrific.

Track 6

Very mysterious yet so calm. Another track that sounds like a background music of a movie! 8/10

I find this pretty heartbreaking and beautiful :( This is "Song" by Max Richter, a German composer. I'm not that familiar with all his work, but this is amazing.

Track 7

Arabic song? Or Sufi music? I’m pretty sure that it’s Arabic. Anyways it’s cool to have a mystical track like this one in the tape. But it’s too long -__- Being over 8 minutes long I couldn't make it till the end. 7/10

Yep, Arabic and Sufi! Flamingos by Erik Truffaz, a Swiss jazz trumpeter, featuring Mounir Troudi, a Tunisian vocalist, from a live show in Paris. Shame you found it too long, I think it's absolutely beautiful. The words are from a Sufi poet called Mansur Al-Hallaj and part of it says:

I am the One whom I love, and the One whom I love is myself.

We are two souls incarnated in one body;

if you see me, you see Him,

if you see Him, you see us

His soul is my soul, my soul is his soul

Track 8

It’s just too short for me to write a review. :lol: It’s okay. 6/10

This was meant to be a more uplifting track after the spiritual one before. I know you said you don't like Hip-Hop, but Madvillian are really worth a try. :)

Track 9

Somehow this track reminds me of the marching band song :p Not bad, but I hardly listen to stuff like this so I can’t decide whether I actually like it. 6/10

You're right! It is a brass band. It's actually a cover of an acid bass track from the 1970s and I heard it in the movie Four Lions. Thought it would be a cool, upbeat track to end things with.

Average score: 7/10

Overall it is a good mix, and I believe some other members would think this is a spectacular playlist. I think I prefer Side 1 more than side 2. Highlights are Side 1’s track 2, 4, 5, 8 and Side 2’s track 4. Thanks for compiling this mixtape for me! I’m glad that it’s full of something new, stuff that I don’t usually listen to (i.e. instrumentals) and surprisingly it turns out good! I’m looking forward to see the tracklisting soon!

So I'm glad you enjoyed the mix overall and that I was able to introduce you to some new stuff! I had a lot of fun putting it all together for you. Cheers :)

Tracklisting:

Side 1:

1-Pulp- The Fear (This is Hardcore, 1998)

2-Slowdive- Alison (Souvlaki, 1993)

3-Memory Tapes- Bicycle (Seek Magic, 2009)

4-Explosions in the Sky- Trembling Hands (Take Care, Take Care, Take Care, 2011)

5-The Crookes- Godless Girl (Chasing After Ghosts, 2011)

6-Ratatat- Wildcat (Classics, 2006)

7-The Avalanches- Since I Left You (Since I Left You, 2000)

8- Liars- The Other Side of Mt. Heart Attack (Drums Not Dead, 2006)

Side 2:

1-Excerpt from "The Usual Suspects"

2-Skream- Tortured Soul (Skream!, 2006)

3-Blk Jks- Molalatadi (After Robots, 2009)

4-Bon Iver- Calgary (Bon Iver, Bon Iver, 2011)

5-Flying Lotus ft.Thom Yorke- ...And the World Laughs With You (Cosmograma, 2010)

6-Max Richter- Song (Songs From Before, 2006)

7-Erik Truffaz and Mounir Troudi- Flamingos (live from The Truffaz Quartet Paris Tour, 2007)

8-Madvillain- Supervillain Theme (Instrumental) (Madvillainy, 2004)

9-The Williams Fairey Brass Band- The Groove that Won't Stop (Acid Brass, 1998)

http://www.mediafire.com/?a9aewg681be8a6p

This was my mixtape! :wacky:

Ok, my review:

1 - Very calming start, very atmospheric. Not generally my sort of thing but it's quite nice and pleasant, builds up nicely. Like the electronic bleeps and buzzes that pop up every now and then. Has a Lykke Lii feel to it.

This was Lammicken by Braids. I listened to them because of this particular song I came across by chance. I love the start and build up in it too. Glad you appreicated :nice:

2 - Starts off like some 60s, slightly cheesy girl-ballad, then all goes a bit Mariah Carey. It's not bad as such, but it's really bland and boring and uninspiring, both musically and vocally. Could it be Beyonce? Not my sort of thing at all. The ending is really...odd. Don't like, sorry

This was Oh, Maker by Janelle Monáe. She is a new pop/soul female artist. She's quite cool and got a style of her own (respect). This particular song might have not shown it so well, but her album is pretty good, imo, also comparing to other today's pop artists. Anyway, another good description of her music from wiki: "Her musical styles have been described as "a soaring orchestral trip enlivened with blockbuster vocals, mysterious imagery and notes of Sixties pop and jazz"."

* 3 - Awww man, now you're talking. Scuzzy guitars, wicked bassline. Music with a bit of attitude, this. Desire Be, Desire Go ~ Tame Impala. F'ing ace.

Correct! I quite fancy their musical style. Glad you liiike. :nice:

* 4 - More guitars, brilliant. Subdued, MGMT-kind of vocal. It's a laid-back, slow paced track but still has a bit of aggression in there. Pretty good, I like it.

This is Liam Finn's Jump Your Bones. I love this guy. And Fomo, his album, is one piece of work. Everything on it is pure bliss. Had quite a hard time picking only one song haha. Should definitely check it out :wink:

* 5 - Another nice one, interesting sounds, lots of little whistles and flutey songs. Pretty.

Melody Day by Caribou, pretty interesting artist. Got so many different projects on his hands, such as: Manitoba and Daphni. Just started listening to him recently. But I quite Like Andorra! And you seem to enjoy similar music, so I recommend, defo.

* 6 - Instrumental. I really like this one cos it's a bit mental. The way it starts reminds of the way Biffy Clyro will often build a tune, but it's more electronic that that and has both a Radiohead and a Miike Snow feel to it too. That sounds like a weird mix, but it works.

Battles - Snare Hangar. Another new band for me that I quite liked. Their album is truly terrific.

7 - Slow start, twangy guitar and a bit of diva-like wailing (which I don't much care for) It's ok this one, very chilled and relaxing, but it doesn't seem to really go anywhere. Nice tho.

The Antlers's Rolled Together. Indie/dream pop band. Got pretty famous through their debut Hospice, but this song was from their second album Burst Apart. Too bad you didn't like though. I was trying to go into the more mellow parts of my mix with this.

8 - won't play in media player.....hang on... ok got it working. Another pretty beginning. Strange vocal, is that female? - has a Macy Gray quality to it, kind of drawling and breathy. It's ok this one, but nothing too exciting.

A collaborative project between Danger Mouse and Italian composer Daniele Luppi. It's called Black. Song's vocals are, though, by Norah Jones. Quite a beautiful, relaxing album this is. And Jack White is in it too, so :awesome:

9 - Ooooh Scottish accent, nice. Acoustic guitar, guy singing. Very mellow. Pretty good.

Glad you liked!! It's I Became a Prostitute by The Twilight Sad. Scottish band indeed. I quite like these guys. This particular song is from their Acousitc EP though. Their sound is more loud/shoegaze-y <3 You should check them out :wink:

10 - Interesting bit of strings, nice, short and sweet instrumental. Good.

Intro: A Cosmic Drama by Flying Lotus. Electronic/Experimental artist. His album Cosmogramma is one masterpiece. Would recommend but I'm not sure how much you're into the electronic scene.

11 - Hmmm different. Very electronic. This drum-machine-beat is actually starting to hurt my ears now - It's doing me 'ead in. Have to skip this, sorry, it's just random noise to me and the frequencies are nauseating. Keep expecting Craig David to start bo-selectoring over the top of it.

Haha, nice review. But I still love this baby hehe. It's called My Red Hot Car by Squarepusher. It's hardcore electronic, I would say, so I could see why didn't like much. Just wanted to give it go :wacky:

12 - won't play at all :-\

Well, it's an m4a and would work only on iTunes. Thought you'd notice that, sorry about that =/ Anyway, here's video!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewc1hixzYPY]Madvillain - All Caps - YouTube[/ame]

I have so much love for this song <3

* 13 - Ok, nice ending. Another laid-back, chilled affair. Nice guitar and interesting bleeps and electronic wotnot going on. LOVE the random squeeky-dog-toy effect going on! Made me lol (out loud, an' everything!) Love the intricate guitar work. Impressive. Nice ending to the tape too.

SOO glad you like this particular one. :nice: He's one of my newest loves, this artist. <3 Another great electronic/experimental one. It's Four Tet and song is Slow Jam.

Pretty good tape overall. Has a laid-back, spaced-out feel to it with a couple of curveballs in there to mix up the genres. There's just a couple there that were beyond my tolerance levels, I afraid. I starred my favourites - looking forward to finding out who the artists/bands were.

Ooooh maybe you could post a youtube link for track 12? Dunno why it won't play :\

Ta very much for the tape, mystery person :nice:

It's pretty cool I got to make you one! Since you made me one too :wacky:

Really happy you enjoyed. :nice:

Tracklist:

1. Lammicken - Braids | Native Speaker, 2011

2. Oh, Maker - Janelle Monáe | The ArchAndroid (Suites II and III), 2010

3. Desire Be, Desire Go - Tame Impala | Innerspeaker, 2010

4. Jump Your Bones - Liam Finn | Fomo, 2011

5. Melody Day - Caribou | Andorra, 2007

6. Snare Hangar - Battles | Mirrored, 2007

7. Rolled Together - The Antlers | Burst Apart, 2011

8. Black - Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi | Rome, 2011