✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Norwegian Government Bombing and Shooting (77 Dead)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend didn't make it. He was shot.

Deep down I knew he was gone, but when it's finally confirmed and announced it becomes so much more real. I feel kind of numb right now, but I know that tonight it will hit me hard. The night always torments me.

I read so many bad things that happen in the world every day, and it makes me so sad, but at the same time it's distant. I've never experienced this before though. It's so difficult. But something good came out of this, love. lots of love. It brought Norway together even more and we will not be destroyed by this one man. It sounds bad saying that something good came out of this, but I need to try and think positive right now.

Anyway, thanks for all the kind words you've all given to us in Norway. it means a lot.

Oh Ainsley, I am so sorry. :cry: My condolences to you, his family and other friends.

I admire your and all Norwegians' strength and restraint in this terrible situation. And I also admire you for being able to see / think that something good came out of this.

I wish YOU and NORWAY the very best. You are strong and proud. :hug:

My friend didn't make it. He was shot.

Deep down I knew he was gone, but when it's finally confirmed and announced it becomes so much more real. I feel kind of numb right now, but I know that tonight it will hit me hard. The night always torments me.

I read so many bad things that happen in the world every day, and it makes me so sad, but at the same time it's distant. I've never experienced this before though. It's so difficult. But something good came out of this, love. lots of love. It brought Norway together even more and we will not be destroyed by this one man. It sounds bad saying that something good came out of this, but I need to try and think positive right now.

Anyway, thanks for all the kind words you've all given to us in Norway. it means a lot.

I am sorry to hear that your friend didn't make it, that is a tremendous loss. I hope that you are comforted by friends at this moment, sharing good memories and warmth at this time of loss.

I think the same thing - it is different when it is so personal, so near. The best thing we gain from loss is realizing how precious life and friends are, how precious love and sharing is. Bless you and your countrymen for coming together in this way. :hug:

23 people are still hospitalized in Oslo. Their condition is better than a few days ago. 17 of them are still in a bad, but not critical condition.

The police was about to shoot Breivik last Friday on the island Utoya being afraid that he might have a belt of explosive underneath his uniform. Breivik held his arms above his head. The weapons were lying behind him when he was arrested.

The case against Breivik will not be brought before court before 2012 as it is very complex involving lots of people.

EDIT. Out of respect for the victims this will be dealt with as 76 individual murder cases. So many witnesses and family members and friends have to be interviewed. Therefore it will take so long time to prepare the case.

In interrogations, Breivik had many demands - if met, he said, then he would explain himself.

He wanted the Norwegian government to resign

He wanted the Norwegian king to abdicate

He wanted heads within the Norwegian Defense to resign.

He would like to take over his own defense.

On Friday 22 July 2011, a traffic accident delayed Breivik's arrival in Oslo and subsequent also on the island Utöya.

That meant that the Oslo bomb exploded when most of those employed in the government buildings had already left.

That also meant that Gro Harlem Brundtland had left Utöya before Breivik arrived.

Much of the power from the bomb disappeared downwards to an underground carpark reducing the number of casualties.

Me and many people around me are very impressed, moved and inspired by how you people of Norway react to this act of...I really don't know how to name it.

The ceaseless mentioning of having to aim for more love and more freedom and more respect now is as highly developed as we all should already already already think and be all over this planet. I'm actually in tears a lot the last one and a half weeks, tears of pain and desolation and tears of hope and relief, when I hear of your admirable reaction.

My regards and thank you so much.

BREIVIK: THE OPERATION ACCOMPLISHED!!

32-year-old Anders Behring Breivik phoned the police after having killed 69 people on Utoya.

According to the Norwegian newspaper VG (short for Verdens Gang), Breivik said these words to the police after having carried out the incredible massacre in Norway :

- Breivik. Commander. Organized in the anti-communist resistance movement against islamization. The operation has been accomplished and (I) will surrender to Delta.

Then he hang up. The police made several unsuccessful attempts to call him.

And I too must say that I admire the way in which the Norwegian population and the Norwegian Prime Minister, Jens Stoltenberg, have acted following the bomb and the massacre.

Very admirable response. Well done. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

^ oh man...can he still use his writing hand? ugh god...

Just read an article about Jo Nesbø, so Norway popped up again and I subsequently googled that school has already started after your summer break. Can only imagine that there's a lot of talk about all those dead and wounded now in your classes. Fuerza to you, kids.

Hope your countries adorable reaction becomes at least a bit of reality?!

As it goes, there aren't too many news about your country anymore, so, if you guys from Norway don't mind, I'd appreciate your view on how you perceive your and your country's situation changing toward more openess. AND since it's becoming such a huge fucking problem in Europe, how your people NOW deal with rightwing propaganda but also the approach of the real problems emanating from some people who emigrate into western societies but don't integrate and will have to be pushed a big bit more to do so.

I've studied your political parties a bit, I see there's the omnipresent old Arbeiderpartiet on one side (in deep shock :( ) and the so called Progress Party (mockingly callled harrypartiet/ idiots' party, who are rightwing-populistic?) on the other side of the spectrum. Do they talk with one another now?

Weren't there elections impending later this year? How about those? Sorry, if you guys don't feel like sharing, then nevermind. I'm just really curious and would like to get hold of first hand info in addition to what I can get from the papers I'm reading.

Oh.

Could you just post a link? I think they shouldn't get too much attention for it. Dunno if you understand what I mean, but it's very sickening.

Is there ever a debate of the cool christians with the crazy not at all christian christians? Well, this goes off topic, but I really wonder. I'd expell them from church, since they are so entirely NOT christian.

edit: am really logging off now, have a nice evening, Cresto!

Hello again

As in change the post so it's not a picture?

Yes, thank you!

Yes, but as they say in the numbers section on their site "0 - nanoseconds of sleep that WBC members lose over your opinions and feeeeellllliiiiiings" :|

Yeah well, assholes, because dialogue (and using your brain) is the antichrist. :dozey: White scum...

Right, sorry.

While it's not a constant subject, it feels like it comes up in conversation around once a day. We don't talk about it class or anything. I think everybody's had some time to digest it in their own way. So yes, the reaction is very much reality :)

I'm not really sure how to answer the second paragraph, but from what I have noticed the country has become more open.

AP and the Progress Party (FrP) don't usually work together. It's not like AP's blaming them for the attacks (Breivik was FrP), they're just different. Some people thought this would be the end them, actually

The election is tomorrow (it's regional, so it's not about who wins, it's how many seats/whatever your party gets) and AP overall have the best poll results. I can go into more detail if you want to...