✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Norwegian Government Bombing and Shooting (77 Dead)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News in Denmark has been about the massacre in Norway - and very much the same in Sweden. And NRK was allowed to broadcast for 50 minutes on Swedish channel 1 (SVT1).

Danish DR1 Update has concentrated on Norway and for some time NRK was broadcast here as well.

Amy Winehouse was just mentioned in 2 sentences - that she was dead, and that she was most famous for her song "Rehab".

@juanma, every death should be acknowledged, but it shouldn't be taking the whole worlds attention away from us in Norway. But oh well, the media can't be controlled.

great news though! The man behind the shooting at Utøya confessed to be the one behind it and the bombing. we found out just about a half an hour ago. the police now know why he did it, but we, the public, don't know anything apart from that. Hopefully we'll get some information later tonight or tomorrow.

great news though! The man behind the shooting at Utøya confessed to be the one behind it and the bombing. we found out just about a half an hour ago. the police now know why he did it, but we, the public, don't know anything apart from that. Hopefully we'll get some information later tonight or tomorrow.

That's wonderful news, Ainsley. I hope justice is served on behalf of all those lost because of his horrendous actions.

Um yeah, how upside-down the world can be, when celebrities with addiction problems take precedent over a large number of innocent young people killed by some deranged extremist, intent on creating some sort of effect, I can't even imagine what this loonie expected to accomplish, outside of just some deluded revenge motive??

Now the death toll among those at Utoya has risen again - now to 86.

DEATH TOLL FOR THE YOUTH CAMP SHOOTING AND the OSLO BOMB BLAST is 93.

4 people from Utoya where the youth camp was held are still missing including a 43-year-old Danish woman who has lived in Norway for several years. She was on the island with her daughter who worked at the camp as a volunteer. The daughter is safe, but of course worried.

On Danish TV2, News they talked about a 1511-page long MANIFESTO the mass killer Breivik posted:

Mentioned was a "DECLARATION OF FREEDOM 2083" referring to the year when he believed that an European war against Muslims and Marxism would end.

Until 2020 small cells would carry out attacks that he did. Then from 2030 Europe would be fighting Marxism and Muslims.

He wants a Muslim-free Europe and is against multi-culturalism.

He condemned NATOs bombardment of Serbia in the 1990s. As he saw it, the Serbs were trying to get rid of the Muslims and NATO intervened on the side of the Muslims.

And according to the counsel for the defendant, then "in his (i.e. Breivik's) head the massacre was necessary".

He hopes to become a hero and be remembered for centuries.

He had planned the action for 9 years.

So that explains it, he's basically an ultra-nationalist racist fascist who became radicalized at some point, maybe mentally ill or psychotic. Maybe racist isn't the term for it - what is the term for extreme religious intolerance? Apparently he doesn't understand that an eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

Thanks for posting the news Nancy.

So that explains it, he's basically an ultra-nationalist racist fascist who became radicalized at some point, maybe mentally ill or psychotic. Maybe racist isn't the term for it - what is the term for extreme religious intolerance? Apparently he doesn't understand that an eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

Thanks for posting the news Nancy.

Radical and tremendously idiotic, I might add... I wonder how many muslims he actually killed in his shooting. He mostly killed his own people, now how irrational is that?

Any news yet on the official version of the real crime motives?

It still amazes me how much harm a single person can cause to those around him and society.

I wonder if the same applies to "doing good", it would be incredible.

It took the police 90 minutes to respond. The question is: why are Norwegians paying such high taxes for such half-assed government protection?

But you won't see this question posed in the media. Now's the time to rally around the government. We need more laws!

http://news.yahoo.com/norway-police-arrive-90-minutes-firing-began-205033309.html

It took the police 90 minutes to respond. The question is: why are Norwegians paying such high taxes for such half-assed government protection?

But you won't see this question posed in the media. Now's the time to rally around the government. We need more laws!

http://news.yahoo.com/norway-police-arrive-90-minutes-firing-began-205033309.html

I think the goverment protects its people right, the problem I think is that no-one ever expected this to happen in the country ranked N°1 by the Human Development Index, with only 3.6% of unemployement and a Per capita income of more than 85 thousand dollars... Not under big international threats.

Obviously the police could have acted more efficiently, but things like this are definitely hard to predict/avoid. It seems like he acted alone all the way, not as part of an organization that could have been tracked easier before anything of this could happen.