✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Q302 - September 2011 - 'Laughing Boys' article (Coldplay) - Scan and transcript on pg. 8

busybeeburns

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

music_coldplay_1.jpg

Coldplay 'tested new album in old village hall'

(The Beehive! :laugh3:)

Coldplay drummer Will Champion has revealed that the band tested their new material in an old village hall. The 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' star said that the group wanted to make sure the tracks translated well to a live setting.

Speaking about their secret rehearsal space, nicknamed The Beehive, Champion told Q magazine: "It's like an old village hall. A big space where we can play together. "Often when you're making an album you can become alienated from one another in a studio environment. The Beehive was a deliberate move to get us playing together so we could get a feel of how the songs would sound as a live band as we were recording, instead of waiting until the record was done and then going out on the road."

Champion also confessed that the band will probably work on their new record right up until the last minute, saying: "We'll keep going until it literally has to leave to get mastered and pressed. They'll have to wrestle it out of our hands."

Coldplay's fifth studio album is expected to be released on October 24. Frontman Chris Martin reportedly registered new song titles earlier this month, including one called 'Mylo Xyloto', which has since been speculated to be a contender for the new album's name.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a331686/coldplay-tested-new-album-in-old-village-hall.html

Coldplay's fifth studio album is expected to be released on October 24.

Frontman Chris Martin reportedly registered new song titles earlier this month, including one called 'Mylo Xyloto', which has since been speculated to be a contender for the new album's name.

really?? or they stole this part from cping :P

Oh god i just got it (will try and take a high def pic before scanning tmrw) and it says ETIAW is confirmed for the album :sick: it also says the album will be "vibrant" :|

If it's vibrant like ETIAW is vibrant then I'm out! :P

Oh god i just got it (will try and take a high def pic before scanning tmrw) and it says ETIAW is confirmed for the album :sick: it also says the album will be "vibrant" :|

If it's vibrant like ETIAW is vibrant then I'm out! :P

anything else worth mentioning?

It also says HLH is a likely single and that other confirmed songs include Charlie Brown, princess of China, UATW and MM (which seems odd since that too has already been released so maybe there's still hope that Q is just guessing here, they do use the word "confirmed" though.)

It also says HLH is a likely single and that other confirmed songs include Charlie Brown, princess of China, UATW and MM (which seems odd since that too has already been released so maybe there's still hope that Q is just guessing here, they do use the word "confirmed" though.)

Is it an interview or an article?

OK. Thanks!

I guess the last part of the "Mylo Xyloto" thing and October 24 release is an addition of digitalspy.com who wrote an article about the Q magazine interview.

Seems pretty strange to me that they didn't say the title of a song we have never heard. I am very worried. They are being very secretive, but maybe the songs we have heard until now will be the ones included in the album.

Also, I really hope they don't count ETIAW as one of the (no more than 10) songs that LP5 will have. This is considering the rules they wrote before the VIVA sessions.