✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Q302 - September 2011 - 'Laughing Boys' article (Coldplay) - Scan and transcript on pg. 8

busybeeburns

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the major problem with people who are disappointed by ETIAW being on the album again is that they want to hear more new songs. Otherwise known as being greedy. Seriously, let's be thankful for the new songs that are going to be released.

this. plus they will more than likely release an EP later right? with new stuff...

ngl, I kinda liked the Prospekts March EP better than VLVODAAHF :smiley: so at least we have that to look forward to as well

My only worry is that since we are used to the Live version of HLH, CB, etc... will we like the studio versions more or less. Kinda like what happened with Major Minus.

I really love Major Minus, but I think the studio versions will all get... enough production. ;)

So the album title is confirmed to be "TBC"? Great! Though I thought/hoped it would be TBD...

Seriously, about the "confirmations", I'm pretty sure Will only confirms Charlie Brown will be on the album. The rest is mere lazy speculation. It's very misleading.

Also, why is it the September issue? It's not even August.

Thanks for the transcript, Mich! :kiss:

All I have to say is "who knows." The Digital Spy thing and the Q thing are two totally different things anyway, and the Q bit doesn't give us a ton of concrete information like the Digital Spy bit does. I never believe anything 100% until it's officially announced, but for right now, October 24 seems like a logical date to me, and I'm not surprised for a millisecond that there are rumors that ETIAW, MM, etc are going to be on LP5, so I'm not really complaining. The only thing I really hope isn't true is the Mylo Xyloto thing :sick:.

I'd like them to keep a stipped down sound because I think it's the way they sound the best. Doesn't mean I want them to do Parachutes again and again :dozey:

^For the record, YES, EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS POST. I completely understand that they'll never put out Parachutes or AROBTTH pt. 2, but at the same time, stripping down to four instruments in a room again is when they're at their strongest, if you ask me.

The only thing I really hope isn't true is the Mylo Xyloto thing :sick:.

^same here.

I d be fine if it is just called "MX" tho so we can guess what it means til the end of days. :wacky:

So the album title is confirmed to be "TBC"? Great! Though I thought/hoped it would be TBD...

Has the "TBC" been mentioned before or did it come up within the Q for the first time? :uhoh:

Hrmm . . . Well that's interesting. :dozey:

Oi, Coldplay! No more tweaking! :whip: I don't think the guys will ever be satisfied, honestly. Especially Chris.

Quick question: I'm pretty sure there was an Oracle question a while ago about whether or not the guys considered this album their 'masterpiece'. Anyone know if the guys still feel that way?

Well I have made the hardest decision of my life. (besides going to lollapalooza) I will not listen to any of the new coldplay material until the album comes out. I love listening to things for the first time when I buy them. I dont want to know the whole albums sound before it even comes out. I will have to make myself wait....

Well I have made the hardest decision of my life. (besides going to lollapalooza) I will not listen to any of the new coldplay material until the album comes out. I love listening to things for the first time when I buy them. I dont want to know the whole albums sound before it even comes out. I will have to make myself wait....

I think that's a good decision. Unfortunately I already have been hearing the new songs many times :\ so the best I can do is not listen to them again until the release date. I hope I can make it! Oh well, at least ill hear them when I go to lollapalooza :D